Ekalaya Bhattacharya presents Offline Meetups
He starts with 'If in India you do not follow cricket, something is wrong with you'
So to make meet-ups fun - he has the idea of appointing ambassadors
1. Selecting Ambassadors - based on loyalty and passion of RCB
2. What's in it for Ambassador - personalized team jerseys, ID card, recognition, an official email id
3. Ambassador has to co-ordinate meet-ups: much like tweet-ups with tweeple not organized by twitter but by people on twitter but meet-up with an agenda -(for trivia, board games, drinks, biking, trips) The Ambassador has to ensure that no one gets bored.
4. Getting meet-ups sponspored - because it helps direct exposure to people, online coverage and presence to the RCB website. He becomes the bridge between the CM's and the fans therby helping in communicating all the initiatives of RCB to the fans. As the IPL builds up and the loyalty of a fan towards his team increases, many will start traveling to watch RCB matches - so fans can help other fans travel to matches.
5. Social Media Angle: Ambassadors responsibility to update the site with the pictures, updates on meetups on facebook, twitter.
6. Awards: most active RCB city, most regular attendee, ambassador of the year. Should be evaluated to check if he is managing his responsibilities properly, have elections etc.
His presentation pushed us to elect ambassadors for cities right after. So it was a productive presentation. Good Job Ekalavya! :)
Together with the Fan Advisory Board - They run all the activities, meetups and contests on RCB - on and off the Site.
Subscribe to the RSS to stay updated on latest activities.