Getting the Facts Straight
Yes, I am finally here. Being the community manager feels great. Alright, now that we know each other, let me get to work (I have been neck-deep into it since yesterday). Here is what I have been busy with:
- There were a lot of complaints about the MGM prizes being redeemed but not received.
- The major issue here was pin pointing the problem rather than finding a solution. I had a lot of lists at my disposal, such as:
- List of fans for which the goodies were already dispatched (92)
- List of fans who had recruited 25 or more fans, and also clicked on ‘Redeem’ (220)
- List of MGM winners over 4 phases as declared on this blog (102)
Now the three lists were of course related, with logic stating that List A would be a subset of List C and List C would be a subset of List B. Confusing? Welcome to the world of a Community Manager. Here is a representation:
- List A: Prizes Dispatched
- List B: Eligible Winners
- List C: Announced Winners
Which means that logically:
- 10 (C – A) people have been winners but the prizes haven’t been sent out. BAD! It could be because we haven’t received your mailing addresses and other details. So PLEASE get back to us soon so that you can redeem your prizes
- 220 – 92 = 128 people are those who have clicked on redeem but their prizes haven’t yet been sent out. This could be either due to pending verification, or due to something on our side.
You need not lose sweat over it; this is where we come in. Bear with us, and as usual, all queries would be resolved.
UPDATE: It seems that there was some data loss in our servers which caused all the problems. All the 220 people who are eligible for rewards would receive an email from Nidhi by the end of the day, and the entire system would be up and running efficiently in no time.
In the meantime, let’s collectively blame the hamsters:
They, along with the fab members of the Fan Advisory Board, plot new schemes to engage with fans and trouble shoot their problems.
Feel free to write to them on email@example.com.