Know Your Challengers - The Smiling Assassin
We are featuring Muttiah Muralitharan in this edition of ‘Know Your Challengers’. Murali, as he is fondly known by his team mates, is one of the greatest spinners the game has ever seen.
His ability to turn the ball sharply on almost any kind of wicket always made him the captain’s choice whenever his side was in despair. Although there have been a few controversies, he always rose to the occasion as a true challenger.
So participate in the contest and get to know the smiling assassin!
1) Whose wicket did Murali take to become the highest wicket taker in test matches?
a) Ricky Ponting
b) Paul Collingwood
c) Mark Boucher
d) Alastair Cook
2) What were Muttiah Muralitharan’s bowling figures in his first match for RCB?
3) In which year did Muralitharan become the first Sri Lankan to reach 100 Test wickets?
4) Who was Muralitharan’s first ODI wicket?
a) WV Raman
b) Craig McDermott
c) Pravin Amre
d) Pat Symcox
5) How many sixes did Muralitharan hit when he scored his career best of 67 in test cricket against India?
He, along with the fab members of the Fan Advisory Board, plot new schemes to engage with fans and trouble shoot their problems.
Feel free to write to him on firstname.lastname@example.org.