Virat Kohli - The Chase Master
Here are some mind-boggling numbers that are guaranteed to leave you spellbound, if you aren’t already.
1. Kohli stands joint 3rd in terms of hundreds when chasing a total. Only Sachin Tendulkar, with 17, and Chris Gayle, with 11, have more centuries in chases than Kohli's 10.
2. He averages 62.77 at a strike rate of 89.23 in 63 innings when batting second, with ten centuries, an average of 6.3 innings per hundred.
3. Kohli has scored 65% of his ODI runs when batting second, which shows he is a big match player and is likely to score while chasing.
4. Kohli's conversion rate (50s to 100s) is the best among all batsmen who've scored at least five 2nd-innings hundreds, well ahead of Marcus Trescothick's average of 9.33 innings per century.
5. All of Kohli’s 10 second-innings hundreds have resulted in wins, and he has finished unbeaten in half of those games. Eight of the ten hundreds he scored have won him Man-of-the-Match awards.
6.All those hundreds and runs make him the leading run-scorer in chases in ODIs since the start of 2009.
With 16 hundreds in just 115 ODIs, Kohli is already leading the list of most centuries in the current Indian squad and has toppled a few records on the way. At this rate, it wouldn't be a surprise if the sensational batting star goes to break one record after another.
He, along with the fab members of the Fan Advisory Board, plot new schemes to engage with fans and trouble shoot their problems.
Feel free to write to him on firstname.lastname@example.org.