Coach Ray Jennings
Sunday, September 19, 2010
After Friday’s loss
To begin with, a big hello to all the Royal Challengers Bangalore fans. I know you must be disheartened with our loss against the South Australian Redbacks. But I must tell you that the better team won the day. It was definitely a bad day at work for the boys in red and gold.
We had to make some changes in the match against Redbacks, out of choice and due to the different conditions. Manish was back at the top due to Jacques’ absence but I would say we missed his all round experience. Jacques is a huge asset for any team.
The loss of early wickets had put us back but Ross again proved why he is so dangerous. Dillon also swung his bat to good effect but what did us in was the lack of any meaningful partnership. It was a good platform for the youngsters to take up the chance but sadly they couldn’t do justice.
We knew the total was 20-30 runs less than what we would have liked but this was good enough to put up a fight. The bowling lacked penetration and Redbacks openers punished the slightest error. We needed early breakthroughs to take the fight to the opposition camp, but sadly that didn’t happen. Praveen did bowl well though. But in all fairness, the Redbacks played better cricket.
This loss has put the pressure back on us and the boys know it. The next match against Mumbai Indians is very crucial for us and we hope to put this reverse behind and start afresh against them. A win and we are on course for a semi-final berth and that is what the boys are looking forward to.
Till then it’s good bye from me.
Coach Jennings: Strategies went haywire at the Semis
- nidhi@RCB, Saturday, September 25, 2010Update from the Coach
- natasha@RCB, Thursday, September 23, 2010Post the Mumbai Indians v/s Royal Challengers Bangalore match
- natasha@RCB, Tuesday, September 21, 2010After Friday’s loss
- natasha@RCB, Sunday, September 19, 2010Disappointed to miss out on Winner’s title, but happy to retain Champions League qualification
- RCB, Monday, June 14, 2010Precarious situation for 6 teams
- RCB, Tuesday, April 13, 2010Everything to play for tonight
- RCB, Thursday, April 08, 2010Disappointing week for the Challengers
- RCB, Tuesday, April 06, 20104 wins out of 6 is a tremendous start
- RCB, Monday, March 29, 2010Challengers too good on the night
- RCB, Friday, March 19, 2010The Challengers are ready for action
- RCB, Sunday, March 14, 2010Great to be back home
- RCB, Tuesday, March 09, 2010Convincing win over Delhi cannot hide disappointment
- Coach, Thursday, October 22, 2009Victoria too good on the night
- Coach, Friday, October 16, 2009Flawless effort from the Challengers
- Coach, Wednesday, October 14, 2009Duminy the real show stopper
- Coach, Saturday, October 10, 2009Cobras are a powerful batting unit
- Coach, Thursday, October 08, 2009Champions League will be a test of character for our improving squad
- Coach, Tuesday, September 08, 2009