Coach Ray Jennings
Friday, March 19, 2010
Challengers too good on the night
After the disappointments of our opening defeat in Calcutta, the Challengers showed everyone what the team is made of, by absolutely pulverizing the Kings from Punjab. In spite of an ordinary display with the ball, and some poor ground fielding, we didn’t lose hope and knew that we had it in us to chase down a massive target of 204.
Once again Jacques Kallis came to the party with a crucial knock as an opener, where he judged the game to perfection. Kallis has got the ideal measure of twenty20 batting, by first playing himself in, and then cutting loose when required.
I was thoroughly impressed with Robin Uthappa’s quick fire half century, which was just the impetus our run chase needed. It’s fair to say that Uthappa has well and truly buried the ghost of IPL 2009 with his knock against Punjab, and those who continue to doubt his ability and value to our team have been left to eat humble pie.
The small outfields and placid wickets in India make a chase of 200 plus a realistic target, but that doesn’t take anything away from our batting unit’s collective effort against the Punjab bowlers. Manish, Robin, Kallis and Virat all played their role to perfection, and gave the opposition bowlers no chance to string a couple of quiet overs together.
This victory will give every player in the RCB squad a great deal of zest and confidence for the rest of the competition, and the squad will look to put in another special performance in front of a packed KSCA against the Rajasthan Royals.
Ray Jennings is the former coach of the South African national team and current head coach of Royal Challengers Bangalore. He was talking to Dhruv Mullick
Congratulations for semifinal berth.Don’t change the team batting order,send the same batting order that faced MI in the last match.Hope to see RCB win.
Posted by Wall007 on 04/21 at 04:29 AM
Good test match against delhi
Posted by bharathgowda on 04/05 at 09:39 AM
robin come on make more sixes….......
Posted by Navin-Chandar on 03/26 at 09:35 PM
robin the great
Posted by Navin-Chandar on 03/26 at 09:34 PM
it was a nice and one-sided match….............kallis rocks….......utthapa has prooved himself to be a rcb player…..............never mind punjabis…......
Posted by harshdev on 03/22 at 01:11 AM
Great innings from Robin. He came in as a bulldozer, bulldozed and left leaving Punjab to figure out what struck them.
Posted by Poshin on 03/22 at 01:07 AM
Coach Jennings: Strategies went haywire at the Semis
- nidhi@RCB, Saturday, September 25, 2010Update from the Coach
- natasha@RCB, Thursday, September 23, 2010Post the Mumbai Indians v/s Royal Challengers Bangalore match
- natasha@RCB, Tuesday, September 21, 2010After Friday’s loss
- natasha@RCB, Sunday, September 19, 2010Disappointed to miss out on Winner’s title, but happy to retain Champions League qualification
- RCB, Monday, June 14, 2010Precarious situation for 6 teams
- RCB, Tuesday, April 13, 2010Everything to play for tonight
- RCB, Thursday, April 08, 2010Disappointing week for the Challengers
- RCB, Tuesday, April 06, 20104 wins out of 6 is a tremendous start
- RCB, Monday, March 29, 2010Challengers too good on the night
- RCB, Friday, March 19, 2010The Challengers are ready for action
- RCB, Sunday, March 14, 2010Great to be back home
- RCB, Tuesday, March 09, 2010Convincing win over Delhi cannot hide disappointment
- Coach, Thursday, October 22, 2009Victoria too good on the night
- Coach, Friday, October 16, 2009Flawless effort from the Challengers
- Coach, Wednesday, October 14, 2009Duminy the real show stopper
- Coach, Saturday, October 10, 2009Cobras are a powerful batting unit
- Coach, Thursday, October 08, 2009Champions League will be a test of character for our improving squad
- Coach, Tuesday, September 08, 2009