Coach Ray Jennings
Tuesday, September 21, 2010
Post the Mumbai Indians v/s Royal Challengers Bangalore match
It was the marquee match of the tournament. Royal Challengers Bangalore versus the Mumbai Indians. The setting was perfect and the game lived upto the hype. A full house at Kingsmead welcomed both the teams and the players knew the importance of a win in this match.
Mumbai won the toss and elected to bat. I must mention here the effort put in by both the Kumars with the ball. Praveen and Vinay had a dream spell and kept the leash on the Mumbai batsmen. They choked the flow of runs, got wickets to give the edge to our team. Things went according to the plan as we held back Dale Steyn who won the contest handsomely against Kieron Pollard.
But Bravo, Tiwary and Bhajji plundered a few more runs than we should have let them and that proved crucial. The target though wasn't too big. Rahul and Jacques began in confident fashion and we were right on the course. However, Jacques' wicket put us back and the departures of Robin, Rosco and Whitey changed the course of the game.
It put immense pressure on Rahul who again proved his doubters wrong. He showed that age has got nothing to do with performance even in a format like T20. On the other side was the young Virat Kohli, who grabbed the opportunity with both hands. It was great to watch this partnership flourish as they changed the equation and took the team to the doors of victory.
But sadly, it was not to be. On another day, Virat may have hit that last delivery, which was the same as the previous one, for a boundary. But his was a very mature innings and it must have given him a lot of confidence. It was a heartbreak for him, taking the team so close to the victory yet losing by just 2 runs.
The result however doesn't change anything for us. Despite the win, Mumbai is out of the competition. And we are still very much in the game and a win against Lions in our next match will seal our place in the semis on the basis of a better net run rate. That's the only result that we are looking for now.
cheer up guys “we lift the cup this aclt20”...............todays match would be of no use if rcb had won against MI,but today we got a do or die match which decides the future of the tournment.todays match will be exciting.rcb thanks for losing to MI and giving us a one more exciting match today….......RCB gear up to hunt the lions
Posted by shri51 on 09/22 at 04:44 AM
All the very best top RCB for today’s match!!! I sincerely hope the team wins today nd makes it to the semis!!! Good Luck!!!
Posted by PriyamDivgi on 09/21 at 09:43 PM
How can u Leave the wicket Keeping point of view,, many runs left behind the wickets,, one stumping chance tooo., dat could also be a point to be considered as week points in RCB…
Posted by Manzooo on 09/21 at 06:00 AM
great effort by rahul and virat. We are confident of a win against lions to reach the semis.
Posted by SivaAN on 09/21 at 03:09 AM
Coach Jennings: Strategies went haywire at the Semis
- nidhi@RCB, Saturday, September 25, 2010Update from the Coach
- natasha@RCB, Thursday, September 23, 2010Post the Mumbai Indians v/s Royal Challengers Bangalore match
- natasha@RCB, Tuesday, September 21, 2010After Friday’s loss
- natasha@RCB, Sunday, September 19, 2010Disappointed to miss out on Winner’s title, but happy to retain Champions League qualification
- RCB, Monday, June 14, 2010Precarious situation for 6 teams
- RCB, Tuesday, April 13, 2010Everything to play for tonight
- RCB, Thursday, April 08, 2010Disappointing week for the Challengers
- RCB, Tuesday, April 06, 20104 wins out of 6 is a tremendous start
- RCB, Monday, March 29, 2010Challengers too good on the night
- RCB, Friday, March 19, 2010The Challengers are ready for action
- RCB, Sunday, March 14, 2010Great to be back home
- RCB, Tuesday, March 09, 2010Convincing win over Delhi cannot hide disappointment
- Coach, Thursday, October 22, 2009Victoria too good on the night
- Coach, Friday, October 16, 2009Flawless effort from the Challengers
- Coach, Wednesday, October 14, 2009Duminy the real show stopper
- Coach, Saturday, October 10, 2009Cobras are a powerful batting unit
- Coach, Thursday, October 08, 2009Champions League will be a test of character for our improving squad
- Coach, Tuesday, September 08, 2009