date of birth -
Click on a tag to relive your favorite RCB moment or search for it
RCB VS CSK - Kohli and Zak's 8 over attack x
Find out how RCB celebrated their victory.
Milestones of the Match
- RCB crossed the 100 run mark in 7.4 overs against Chennai and became the fastest team in the IPL to do so. Interestingly it was RCB who held the previous team record too, as they reached the century mark in just 7.5 overs against the Pune Warriors in a group game on April 23rd 2013.
- The 8 over rain curtailed match was the shortest ever in IPL history.
- The last time the IPL saw a rain shortened match was back in 2008 when the Delhi Daredevils and the Kings XI Punjab played out a 11 over game, which Punjab won by 6 runs.
- Chris Gayle has hit 51 sixes in IPL 2013 and became the first batsman to hit 50 or more sixes in 2 consecutive editions of the IPL (Gayle hit 59 sixes in the 2012 edition).
- Gayle’s fourth six against Chennai helped him reach 400 sixes, the highest by any batsman in T20 cricket.
- Virat Kohli became the highest run scoring captain in the history of the IPL (634 runs) after his impressive 56 against Chennai. He surpassed Mumbai Indians’ Sachin Tendulkar who held the previous record with 618 runs in IPL 2010.
AboutChris Gayle's first three years in the IPL playing for Kolkata Knight Riders yielded surprisingly little. Ever since he joined RCB some way through the 2011 season he has more than made up for it, smashing IPL and T20 records.
The West Indian topped the run charts in 2011, topped the sixes list, hitting almost more than the next three guys in the list put together, became the first man to hit two tons in one edition of the IPL and hit a third one in 2012, the season in which he became the first man to hit over 700 runs in an edition of the IPL.
Gayle is not just a T20 operator, although he is the man who hit the first international ton in T20Is, in the first match of the first ever ICC World Twenty20. He has two triple centuries to his name, only the third man besides Don Bradman and Virender Sehwag to have achieved the feat. In his 19 month hiatus from West Indies cricket, Gayle played T20 in India, Zimbabwe, Australia, Bangladesh and would've added South Africa to the list if not for an injury. But on his return to Test cricket after the break, Gayle smashed 150 and 64 against New Zealand to settle questions on his temperament.
The coolest guy in International cricket, he will be the biggest attraction at the 2012 World Twenty20. When he bats, the fielders on the ground are reduced to being spectators and the spectators in the stands become fielders.
RCB HighlightsRCB vs KKR, Kolkata, 2011: Chris Gayle went unsigned at the IPL auction in 2011 but got his chance when RCB signed him as a replacement for Dirk Nannes. Gayle scored a century against his former team fresh off the plane from the Caribbean and turned around the fortunes of RCB in the season.
RCB vs PWI, Bangalore, 2012: Bangalore were in a tight spot with Gayle's top order batting partners gone and a steep chase quickly spiralling out of control. Chris Gayle disagreed, hitting 5 sixes consecutive sixes in 5 balls off Pune's best spinner, Rahul Sharma and bringing RCB triumphantly back in the game.