Injuries to team India - A Blessing in Disguise ? ? ?
India's win in the 2011 World Cup was the most memorable one in the history of cricket. It was their 2nd ever win after winning the Cup way back in 1983.
Soon after the World Cup got over, IPL 2011 series took place which was once again a huge success. After the IPL 2011, woes stuck team India as the players started getting injured.
1. Virender Sehwag, india's premier dashing batsman was the 1st to be injured right towards the end of IPL 2011 which was a major blow for the team as he had shoulder injury.
2. Next to be injured was Viru's opening partner Gautam Gambhir who was known to have got the injury during the World Cup finals but continued to play in the whole of IPL 2011.
3. Yuvraj Singh, India's World Cup Hero's injury was a very big blow for team India as he was the man of the moment and was in peak form, the one responsible for India's win in the World Cup.
4. When India's Tour of England took place, India's premier opening bowler and RCB player Zaheer khan suffered injury in the 1st innings of the 1st Test Match after bowling only few overs as he had to end up missing the entire series.
5. The offie Harbhajan Singh, was yet another injured player added in the list as he pulled up cramped muscle in his stomach as it ended his tour of England too.
6. The bowler who gained his form back in the West Indies series and was the lading fast bowler for India in absence of Zaheer Khan, Ishant Sharma also was stuck by the injury which ruled him out of the tour.
7. Not so long. an unexpected injury hit team India just before the start of the 1st ODI against England. Master Blaster Sachin Tendulkar aggrevated his Toe injury during practise session and has do undergoe surgery on his toe.
8. During the 1st ODI, when Rohit Sharma came into bat he was hit hard by the England bowler on his thumb and he suffered pains which eventually ended up his tour of England too.
Rahul Dravid was called up after many years in the ODI series against England but he had announced his retirement after the end of the series.
The opportunity beckons the younger players of Team India some waiting in the wings & some raring to make a comeback in the team. Parthiv Patel, Ajinkya Rahane, Ravindra Jadeja, Varun Aaron,R.Ashwin, RP Singh,Vinay Kumar & Manoj Tiwary have all bright chances of cementing their place in the team and many have already proved to be performing successfully well in the absence of others.
The injury woes continue to haunt team India. but is this really a cause of worry or a blessing in disguise ?
Many may say that it is a cause of worry but in fact it is a blessing in disguise because many of the injured players have only few years of cricket left in them and this is going to be an ideal platform for the younger guns to step in and groom themselves so that team India does not suffer later on with the senior players retire.
We wish speedy recovery to all the injured players and heros of Team India and at the same time wishing the youngsters all the best to grab this opportunity with both the hands and take team India to great heights.