IPL IV better than previous IPL Editions and its final stages ...
IPL IV has been a mixed bag. 10 teams and so much more matches, has IPL lost a little bit of sheen is the question?
First of all as a RCB fan i am happy that we are in the qualifiers. Our last match against CSK and a win will guarantee us a place in the top two and of course a place in CLT20. Hope we go right till the end ...
Coming to this Edition of IPL.
Has IPL 4 been as successfull as previous 3 IPL's
* With so many more matches and non stop cirkcet action, i definitely this IPL has been little less popular and may have lost a small ground over the previous editions
* 10 teams and at the end we are sure only 5 teams are close enough to go to the qualifiers is one more thing that isnt going in favor of this IPL. I think more closer contests and of course 6-7 teams viaing for that the top 4 spots would have made the tournament much more exciting.
* Apart from the Qualifiers instead of semis, nothing is new. I still think 70+ matches is too much and its hard to believe if this format will continue. Dividing teams into 2 groups and playing 40 - 50 matches should be the way to go ...
IPL IV Final Stages
1) Has it not been Punjabs last 4 match winning streak, we would just have had a predictable conclusion and easy top 4 teams. They have added little spice to the final stages
2) Yes qualifiers have added a bit of spice too and teams should just now think we are in top 4 and be consistent throughout.
3) Its like in a 50 over match, middle overs sometimes are boring, same here the Middle stages of the tournament wasnt that exciting, one factor again being the length of the tournament
4) TV channels are reporting that the viewership has gone down this season compared to previous and thats what IPL adminisitrators should take seriously
So its all about last week in the IPL, yes winner will get rich and famous and deservedly so. Just thought if the fans would get more fun, excitement in the next IPL, few changes in the league would help that ...
A True RCB Fan,