Jacques Kallis - In The Eye Of The Storm
The legendary Jacques Kallis, the architect of RCB's impending entry into semifinals, started off brilliantly and seems to be running out of steam now. An overview of his performance
Unlike my previous posts with long stories, this time I prefer to say it in one picture, derived from 1 table!
How to read this chart:
1. The 3 lines refer to 1) Kallis score as % of Team Score (Bottom Most Line) 2) Kallis Strike Rate (Middle Line) 3) Team Strike Rate (the blue colored Top Line)
2. The red dots indicate where Kallis stands in matches lost by RCB.
3. In all 14 matches, Kallis has been an opener.
4. Some teams believe in a blazing start, others believe in a steady start followed by a blazing finish. This is a philosophy that can be argued both ways with equal intensity.
5. In the matches that RCB has lost, Kallis' strike rate has been way below Team Strike Rate (which itself would have been way below Target Strike Rate). Match 1 is an exception
6. In the matches that RCB has won, it is common knowledge that Kallis played a major role in the initial string of wins and has slipped thereafter.
I am aware that Team RCB has an analyst and they will be looking into all these. This is more for the discerning RCB Fan who may be intrested in this.
Let's hope the genius strikes back - first at the opponents and then at his critics - and take RCB safely to title win!
As I finish this post, CSK needs 4 runs from 3 balls - hats off to Dhoni who has taken it on himself to spearhead the finish!