Top 10 Batsmen and Bowlers in T20 Cricket
With T20 WC Around, i have made a small effort in listing down Best T20 batsman and bowlers, with focus on impact players, emerging talent and all rounders.
Top 10 Bowlers and Batsman - T20
Its the batsman who dominates T20 matches, but its the bowlers who win the matches. Take the First Edition final and how invariably tight bowling, restricted Pakistan in the first 10 overs. Even in the last edition, English bowlers bowled well enough to restrict Aussies before chasing down a relatively easy score.
Batsman Pack the Punch, Bowlers turn the tables.
A batsman scoring 30 odd is equivalent to a fielder saving 5 runs and affecting a run out or taking a brilliant catch.
A Bowler hitting a crucial boundary or having a good throwing arm from the deep is very important in a T20, which may not be noticed in the ODI’s.
· Batsman who bowl one or two overs, field well. Of course batsmen who can score big under pressure are also considered.
· Bowlers who have averages less than 6 or take 2-3 wickers consistently every other match
· Current Form, Previous World Cup Performances, Adapting/Proving in Alien conditions are considered.
· I have tried 3 batting All Rounders in the Top 10 Batsman, 3 bowling All Rounders in the Top 10 bowlers.
· There are so many T20 players around, in most of the teams we have two or more very good T20 batsman/bowlers and allrounders. It is hard to leave few people, I have indicated that below.
· I have taken punts (Calculated Risks) on few youngsters, indicated that as (punt) below.
Australia: David Warner/Mike Hussey(B), Hogg(Bo), Maxwell/Dave Hussey (A)
England: Eoin Morgan(B), Dernbach(Bo), Luke Wright(A)
WestIndies: Chris Gayle/Darren Bravo(B), Sunil Narine(Bo), Russell/D Smith(A)
South Africa: Richard Levi(B), Dale Steyn(Bo), Jacques Kallis(A)
India: Y Singh/M Dhoni(B), L Balaji(Bo), Irafan Pathan(A)
Sri Lanka: Thirimanne/Chandimal(B), L Malinga(Bo), Angelo Mathews(A)
Pakistan: K Akmal(B), Umar Gul/Afridi(Bo), M Hafeez(A)
New Zealand: B McCullum(B), Kyle Mills(Bo), James Franklin(A)
Bangaladesh: Tamim Iqbal(B), Abdur Razzaq(Bo), Shakibul Hasan(A)
Hard to Leave: H Amla, Raina, Ross Taylor, Ajmal, George Bailey, Mahela J, Graeme Swann ...
Now the hard thing to pick the Top 10 based on the above shortlists à
(F) – Indicates Form ; (Y) – Fresh Talent ; (R) – Ever Dependable
Top 10 Batsman
· Brendon McCullum (F)
· Chris Gayle (F)
· Suresh Raina (R)
· Glenn Maxwell (Y) – All Rounder 1
· David Warner (F)
· Richard Levi (Y)
· Jacques Kallis (R) - All Rounder 2
· Andre Russell (Y)
· Tamim Iqbal (R)
· Virat Kohli – Surprised well, sometimes best players don’t need to be in the shortlists they are automatically selected
Now Bowlers, again I am going to pick few bowling all-rounders, fresh talent and yes surprises aren’t disclosed till you actually see them.
1) Sunil Narine (F)
2) Lasith Malinga (R)
3) Irfan Pathan (F) – All Rounder 1
4) James Franklin (F)
5) Shakibul Hasan (R) - All Rounder 2
6) Dernbach (Y)
7) Kyle Mills (F)
8) Afridi (R) - the bowler
9) Dale Steyn (F)
10) P Cummins – This is the surprise youngster who I think has the potential to surprise a few this time. He is not in shortlists ..
Lets hope T20 WC is as exciting for all the teams, hope best team wins and entertainment quotient exceeds the expectations of a true cricket fan.