Yuvraj “A Sensation and Real Inspiration”
A Cricketer who has had so many ups and downs in his career, a person who was diagnosed of cancer, has fought through it and is a great source of inspiration to young indians
When Somebody asks me about Yuvraj Singh what things come to mind immediately ..
1. Innings in Nairobi against Aussies (On Debut against World Champs, he played a brave attacking innings in a knock out match)
2. Career Saving century against Lanka in Emerald Isle (Again a must win match for the team, after a bad start it was yuvi who made a brilliant hundred and helped the team win)
3. Natwest Final Innings (When people in india slept after 25th over , two indian sensations built a partnership and won a great game, yuvi again delieverd when the team needed)
4. His 2007 T20 World Cup Contributions (I think this was the time he was at his peak, more than his 6 sixes i remember the way he toyed the australian attack in the semis)
5. His 2011 Man of series award performance (Dropped from the team, there was no better way to answer his critics, crucial innings and a brilliant allround performance throughout the world cup)
All these indicate that Yuvraj Singh (Fondly called as Yuvi) is a man for the big moments. He has lit the big cricketing stage with scintillating innings, superb fielding and very good left arm spin bowling. He has given his heart and soul to indian cricket.
Right from the under 19 days where he was the man of the series till recently concluded ODI World Cup, Yuvraj has been a big match player and has constantly proved his critics wrong. He has contributed to india’s success in Important series against world class opponents
After such a promising start to his ODI career yuvi was soon given a chance in the tests. He made his test debut against NZ in 2003. However it was 169* against Pakistan that made the world notice him. He has had a stop start in Test Cricket, with such great talent that the man possess lets hope he can play lots of test cricket in the future.
Phase after WC
Yuvi was diagnosed with cancer, at a time when he was reaping the rewards of a great world cup, he had a set back not only in his personal life but also his professional life. But like very few people in the world have done, Yuvi has fought back and now is close to fitness. He has been selected in india’s T20 squad of NZ.
He is a true hero, a inspiration to young sportsman in the country. Lets hope he gets back to full fitness, form and makes a good comeback to the T20 side. With the T20 World Cup around we are sure he is the man (like always) to get the cup back to india.