Apycom jQuery Menus
-

SRIKANTH IS THE REASON FOR THE DEFEAT OF INDIA IN BOTH WORLD T20 AND TRI SERIES
Posted: 07 June 2010 10:42 PM   [ Ignore ]
Fan
royalmanoj
Total Posts:  1
Joined  20/05/2010

THIS IS THE BIG TRAGEDY OF INDIAN CRICKET TO HAVE SRIKANTH AS A SELECTOR.BECAUSE OF HIS SELFISH OF GIVING CHANCES TO CHENNAI PLAYERS,HE MISSED ALL THE PLAYERS WHO ARE IN FORM….......

View Profile
PM

Posted: 07 June 2010 11:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Fanatic Fan
Total Posts:  167
Joined  22/01/2010

Is it possible for the admisistration to ban this person from posting on this site??? pls do so if u can….

View Profile
PM

Posted: 08 June 2010 02:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
Fan
Total Posts:  100
Joined  10/09/2009

@royalmanoj instead of just hating on Srikanth, why don’t you share specific instances that lead to this statement

View Profile
PM

Posted: 08 June 2010 05:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Fan
Azhar-Ahmed1
Total Posts:  189
Joined  27/03/2010
HOLMES - 07 June 2010 11:53 PM

Is it possible for the admisistration to ban this person from posting on this site??? pls do so if u can….

dear everyone has right to post his opinions on this site and nobody and absolutely nobody can argue with it even the admin so please as a fanatic fan and as an indian it is your duty to try and calm him down not to ask the admin to ban him

View Profile
PM

Posted: 08 June 2010 05:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Administrator
Fan
Total Posts:  100
Joined  10/09/2009

@Azhar Ahmed - I trust my reply has done just that. 

You rightly said “everyone has the right to post his opinion”. Holmes too was posting his. From what I know of him on a professional and personal level, he is calm smile

View Profile
PM

Posted: 08 June 2010 05:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Fanatic Fan
Total Posts:  12
Joined  03/10/2009

It has become a habit for everyone these days to blame Srikkanth for the maladies of Indian cricket. It is indeed a knee jerk reaction each time the fans resort to. First of all, I wish to state is that there are totally 5 selectors, with Srikkanth as chairman. If Srikkanth is imposing players from his state or zone, others would have revolted by now or resigned. At one time there were 6 Karnataka players in Indian team (Srinath, Prasad, Dravid, Joshi, Johnson, Ganesh), almost all on their own merit, but that time, it was blamed on G R Vishwanath who was the chairman of selectors!!!

Who are the players we are talking about? Dinesh Karthik has time & again proved his worth, his selection for Zimbabwe was no surprise, he was due for a full series/tournament than just a match here or there, but sadly he failed this time when he had the big opportunity to prove his worth. Murali Vijay, whatever people say about him, this guy showed tremendous adaptability from being a powerful test opening batsman to an attacking T20 player (as shown in at least 2 innings of top quality during IPL, one against a top bowling attack of Bangalore with Steyn, Kallis & Kumble), so obviously the selectors used the opportunity of Sehwag’s non-availability. Excepting Rohit Sharma and Virat Kohli, others hardly performed. The burden of failure of Vijay & Karthik, should be borne by these guys alone and not be passed on to Srikkanth or other selectors.

I was very happy when selectors brought in so many players from the bench or B team and rested as many as 8 regulars. This we must do at least for one full series or tournament every 1-2 years, though I wont suggest making such a drastic change. One thing the selectors did wrongly was choosing 4 pacers in the team without even one ODI experience!! Wish they had used at least one bowler with previous experience and here, Irfan Pathan could have fitted the bill perfectly.

We are talking about failures of Karthik, Vijay..why are we not talking about Yusuf Pathan? He is not from TN or south zone? To be honest, instead of him, we should use more of Ravichandran Ashwin, a lad from Chennai but with so much talent. So what now? should we dump this lad because coincidentally the chairman of selectors also hails from Chennai?

We must stop talking this regional political language for the benefit of Indian cricket.

View Profile
PM

Posted: 08 June 2010 06:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Fanatic Fan
Total Posts:  167
Joined  22/01/2010

This blame games on Shrikant seems really outrageous. All those who are critisizing him are not thinking broadly n wisely enuf. not just me, even few more fans andwas just out of anger radiosandeep must be frustrated trying to make some people understand the situation. proper logical explanation have been given against those who are comming up with mindless targeting of shrikant in earlier posts but such crap discussions keep emerging…
Everyone has a right to post their view. i totally agree! Really sorry for the above comment! it was out of anger. But b4 writing any post, people better be well aware of what happens, think broadly n prove logically their views. This manoj here has put an illogical blame! i feel has just written his thought without even 5 min of good thinking. He hasnt explained his views at all! Its frustrating to see such people increasing in number…

View Profile
PM

Posted: 09 June 2010 02:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Fan
Total Posts:  129
Joined  26/03/2010

@ royalmanoj - As tired as I am of reading anti-Srikanth threads in this community, I’m just as tired of reading posts by people who WRITE IN CAPS. Either get your keyboard fixed, or look at the third key from bottom on the left which says “Caps Lock”.... and press it once before resuming typing.

P.S: I probably wouldn’t have attacked your “writing-in-CAPS” if you’d made a sane point in this thread, but you’re obviously just one of those cricket watchers who’s got nothing great to contribute at the table but would rather hide behind a computer and post gibberish in anonymity!!!

View Profile
PM

Posted: 09 June 2010 07:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Fan
Total Posts:  68
Joined  26/09/2009

Gibberish it is!!!!!
There are a few in this community who come from a very narrow-minded, parochial school of thought that they have to attack everything related to Tamil, Tamilnadu and Tamilians. Thankfully, they are in a minority!
Everyone may have a right to give his opinion, but nobody has the right to create a regional war here. I wouldnt mind it if these kind of ‘hatred-centred’ posts are deleted.
Sport should bring people from all regions, religions and linguistic groups together. Sadly, some people dont believe in that.

View Profile
PM

Posted: 01 September 2010 05:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Fanatic Fan
Total Posts:  162
Joined  21/09/2009

@all:First of i would like to say that the selection is right and the reason is not based on their origin it is based on some strategy.
The thing is gambhir and sachin is not there so they opted for the next option i.e karthik and we had suffered already in worldcup-2 by having rohit-sharma as a opener and that costed us the whole tournament,so they went for a opener and in ipl3 vijay was extraordinary and they gave him chance and they gave chance to vinay and mithun too.
There are times where indian team contains majority mumbai fellows and will you blame the selection?..
They gave chance to Tiwary too…and it’s captain and the coach deciding the main 11 and selectors can’t interrupt in that.
I’m the die hard fan of dravid and evrybody knows about me and maddy but i will not say there is politics in selection rather i will say that the selectors believed on youngsters and they decided to go with kohli and rohith sharma but now they are wrong.THEIR STRATEGY IS WRONG AND THEIR SELECTION NOT AT ALL POLITICS.
I have seen many people in this site targetting the other state fans specially TAMILIANS and still i remember someone worte “The fans loyality who are from chennai,mumbai,delhi,hyderabad,punjab should be doubted” and i was shocked seeing this.
Another one was someone targetted the winners during the ffc3 and we have to appreciate our admins where they handled it properly and I’m requesting everyone that don’t target based on location rather look them as INDIANS and i want to make clear to everyone that i was not targetting anyone just expressing my thoughts thats it:)
I too blamed HOLMES for one important posts which made the whole site to look back and then i understood everyone has rights to share their views.

View Profile
PM

Fast Reply