Hello Guys, since you all know what happened in the IPL Season 3 and with Mr Lalit Modi, there will be a big turmoil in the BCCI and IPL facilities in 2011. The IPL could be shut down or made limited. Another interesting possibility is IPL being Nationalized and being managed by the Indian Government.
IPL managed by the government ha? lol Well here is an analysis of what will happen when the IPL is managed by the Indian Government and its ‘RAAJNEETI’. Enjoy!
1. The new Commissioner of the IPL, replacing Lalit Modi, will be an IAS officer, 1989 batch, transferred from the Food Corporation of India.
2. Mayawati will demand, however, that the new Chairman should be her own candidate, Mr.Dalit Modi.
3. The name of Mumbai Indians will immediately be changed to Mumbai Manus. It will, naturally, field only Maharashtrians (preferably Maharshtrian Brahmins). All other players will have their legs broken.(as the team will be completely overtaken by Mr.Bal Thackrey & co)
4. The Chennai Super Kings team will renamed Dravida Cricket Kazhagam. Subsequently one faction will break away and the team will split into DCK (DMK) and AIADCK, owing allegience to Karunanidhi and Jayalalitha respectively.
5. Each political party will have its own team: BJP Bandits, Congress Cobras, CPI Cadres, Samajwadi Strikers, CPM Mangooses, Trinamul Tigers etc.
(the CPM will ban hayden from using mongoose bat)
6. Auction of players will be replaced by teams calling for tenders for players. The lowest priced players will be picked.
7. Cheerleaders will be replaced by honorable ministers who will give speeches during breaks in the match.
8. Sonia Gandhi will insist that 30% of each team should be reserved for be women.
9. Mayawati will demand that SC/ST players will need to run for only 16 yards instead of 22 yards between the wickets.
10. Third Umpire requests will have to be filled in triplicate and duly notarized.
11. All Third Umpire decisions will be referred to a Joint Parliamentary Commission.
12. IPL tickets will henceforth be available at all post offices and BSNL centers from 10 a.m. to 12.45 p.m. The facility to purchase tickets on your cell-phone will immediately be withdrawn.
13. Replacing an injured foreign player can be done only through a Tatkal application submitted 48 hours after a Govt doctor examines him.
14. Cheerleaders will be replaced by retired Air-India flight attendants.
15. These new cheerleaders will perform the folk dances of the states they represent during breaks.
16. IPL matches will be shown only on Doordarshan. They will be telecast the day immediately following the match, from 4 a.m. to 7.30 a.m. and subsequently from 3.30 a.m. to 7p.m, subject to satellite link-up availability.
17. Between each innings break Doordarshan will telecast the news in Hindi, followed by news for the hearing impaired.
18. Agricultural shots can be played only during the phase of the game termed “Krishi Darshan”.
19. There will be no matches on weekends or on national/regional holidays.
20. The three stumps will be painted saffron, white and green.
21. Bowlers will have to bowl sarpatti and ghasssarkundi balls to the reserved players.
22. Pakistan will immediately announce its intention to start its own version of the tournament called PPL and Mr Zardari will make a visit to Washington to meet President Obama and seek an additional grant of $1 billion to fund it.
23.Mr.Sharad Pawar will demand stake in every team for his family members