Apycom jQuery Menus
-

Why i love RAHUL DRAVID so much?
Posted: 17 June 2010 11:42 PM   [ Ignore ]
Fanatic Fan
maddydravid
Total Posts:  299
Joined  14/09/2009

For me, Rahul Dravid is the greatest batsman ever I’ve seen bat. No one stands in front of him, then be the SRT or whomsoever else!

While I started following cricket, like a maniac, I knew the names of only a handful of cricketers. Rahul Dravid was one of them.In 2005,Rahul Dravid took up the captaincy.

I loved the way he led the side but more than that, I loved the way he batted. His cut-shots, the straight-drives, the glances, and of course the cover-drives, all are etched in my memory and I could play any of them whenever I feel like!

The time when Dravid took my attention was during the re-runs of the India’s tour to England 2002/03. Watching him play the back-foot cut shot against some pacer was alike a strawberry-cheese cake!

And then his humbleness that always seemed coming out of him whenever he batted, fielded or talked, made a lot proud of him!

More of that, he is a team-man. He always plays for the team, never will try and do anything silly and would always try not to let his team down.

A cricketer of sorts, he has been one of the sports’ legends. With 11,000+ runs in tests and counting along with 10000+runs in one-dayers, he is never short of records too.

The sad part though is that Rahul Dravid was always overshadowed by others. Whenever he played a ‘knock-of-the-life’ kinda innings, someone else took the credit as the latter scored betterly.

Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar have been some players who’ve helped the above fact get proved.

Whatever it is, he is a living legend. No one can play the straight-drive like him, neither can anyone play the cover-drives like he.

Wish he plays forever, takes his teams to highest of glories.

For the gr8est batsman of all time, this is my tribute…

Image Attachments
rahul_dravid.jpg
View Profile
PM

Posted: 18 June 2010 12:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Fanatic Fan
Total Posts:  133
Joined  22/02/2010

Your love for Rahul Dravid is highly appreciable. He is indeed one of the greatest ever and technically the most correct Indian batsman in my knowledge.

View Profile
PM

Posted: 18 June 2010 12:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Fan
Total Posts:  129
Joined  26/03/2010

Rahul Dravid is definitely going to be remembered forever in cricketing books. He is technically as perfect as it gets. Like you rightly said, many of his performnces have been overshadowed in the past because someone else came along and ate the pie. His partnership with VVS Laxman against Australia in 2001, in which he scored 180-odd runs, hardly got the required due because laxman went on to score a classic 281. The man’s a hero!!!

View Profile
PM

Posted: 18 June 2010 01:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Fanatic Fan
maddydravid
Joined  14/09/2009

@fanatic fans:thanks for your appreciation guys…..with ur appreciation it will enable to become quiet popular in rcb site…..hope so!!!!

View Profile
PM

Posted: 18 June 2010 03:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Fanatic Fan
Total Posts:  71
Joined  07/09/2009

is there any doubts about the facts u have mentioned!??! NO WAYY!! He is indeed 1 of INDIAS best!! totally n completely!!!

View Profile
PM

Posted: 19 June 2010 10:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Fanatic Fan
Total Posts:  49
Joined  07/09/2009

Well here’s one more fan of RD just like you.. Even I’m madly love with dravid’s shots.. smile I have more than 500 paper cuttings of RD which I collected when I was in school smile

View Profile
PM

Posted: 22 June 2010 03:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Fanatic Fan
Total Posts:  162
Joined  21/09/2009

govind really i appreciate your dravidism and i’m a dravid fan and i watched your videos really nice and i’m also from chennai,i’m a dravid fan from the age of six and i love him playing,whenever he bats its really amazing and even sachin can’t play his shots like cut shot and the way he handles the short ball he once again proving he is best and again he is the only wall of india but the sad thing i felt was wen everyone expected his inclusions in odi team but it never happened and i also thought ipl2010 will be his turning point but rcb never gave him chance and really i’m expecting his recall….

View Profile
PM

Posted: 18 August 2010 10:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Fanatic Fan
maddydravid
Joined  14/09/2009

tanks dravia.

View Profile
PM

Fast Reply