Apycom jQuery Menus
-

Poll
Who do you think was India's player after these facts?
VVS Laxman 1
Kapil Dev 0
Rahul Dravid 4
Sunil Gavaskar 1
Ravi Shastri 0
Total Votes: 6
You must be a logged-in member to vote
Facts about cricket
Posted: 11 August 2010 04:18 AM   [ Ignore ]
Fan
Total Posts:  13
Joined  20/03/2010

Dear Friends,
As we all know RCB has one of the best websites in the world,But I felt we could add another section called Facts so that we know more about and the people of India also come to know more things about.With a fan club which has more than 92,oo fans I just want to present a few facts about Indian Cricket.But guys do you know something this is my brother’s account.Since we both share the same email Id we both can’t be fans.Please send replies to .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) .And anyway I am 11 years and I didn’t copy these facts I have totally 7 books about cricket and I keep searching people who know more about cricket and do you know something I was invited invited by Neo Cricket to their studios this year and I am not the actual member I am just writing who told to write so that everyone would also be able t know these facts.

World Records:-
Highest Score by a player in a debut series-The great Sunil Gavaskar surpassed another legend George Headly by emulating his record of 729 runs against England in 1929. Sunil Gavaskar scored 774 runs in 4 tests against a team of Gary Sobers,Rohan Kanhai,Jack Noreiga,Roy Fredricks and Clive Lloyd inclusive of a 22o and 114 in a test match.

Highest catches in an innings and a Match-Yajuravindra Sigh from Bilkha in Maharashtra who took 5 catches of the bowling of Erapalli Prassana,Bhagwat Chandrasekhar,Bishan Singh Bedi and Srinivasraghvan Venkatraghvan.And took 3 more in the second innings which was equalled by Greg Chappel of Australia.

First team to defeat the West Indies and England comtinuosly in 2 series-India defeated both the mighty West Indies and the English and do you know that none other than our great Sunil Gavaskar was the architect of both these wins.

First bowler to take a hatrick in the first 3 balls of the match-Irfan Pathan as you know took the wickets of the match against arch rivals Pakistan in 2004.He took the wickets of Salman Butt,Younis Khan and Mohammed Yousuf.

First team to win after following on-India achieved this rare feat that to against an Australian team that had won 16 tests in a row under Steve Waugh.
Rahul Dravid and VVS Laxman were the architect of this win.They scored 281 and 170 respectively.This win was achieved exactly 30 years after the twin truimphs against West Indies and England in 1971.

Thre is only one player who has scored all the runs in a match.It is none other than our Chik.Krishnamachari Srikanth scored the only run out of 2 balls in rain washed out matcgh.

These are some historic wins for India-as I said the follow on victory was achied exactly 30 years…......... .On March 18 in 1971 in Port of Spain a 21 year old steered India to a historic win against the West Indies,In 1976 in the same venue Port Of Spain India chased a massive 406 against the West Indies again.And this time the architects were Sunny Gavaskar who scored 114,Gundappa Vishwanath who scored 114 and Mohinder Amarnath who scored 85.Exatly ten years later a 22 year old steered India to victory with figures of 5-22 after he had taken doses of painkillers because he had an injury,Exactly 50 years after June 25 1932 when became a test playing nation that is in 1983 India won a historic match again against the West Indies in the World Cup final as the first time the world cup was out of West Indies reach as Kapil’s Devil;s beat them.Finally the World Championship which was celebrated after ther formation of State Victoria which was formed exactlyy 150 years ago.India won the World Championship and Ravishnakar Jayadith Shastri won & took the Audi which was the first for an Indian.

And this to the fans.This blog post just took me 15 mins as I know these facts to my tip of my fingers.
                        Thank you for reading this blog patiently t the fans of the great RCB site.

View Profile
PM

Posted: 11 August 2010 04:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Fan
Joined  20/03/2010

I just want to make an adjust ment.It is 92,00 and not 92,oo.And whoever see this post please send a reply

View Profile
PM

Posted: 11 August 2010 06:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Fanatic Fan
maddydravid
Total Posts:  299
Joined  14/09/2009

its only Rahul Dravid anyday anywhere…

View Profile
PM

Posted: 11 August 2010 07:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Fan
Joined  20/03/2010
maddydravid - 11 August 2010 06:09 AM

its only Rahul Dravid anyday anywhere…

But why?I say Sunny Gavaskar because he faced the likes of Gary Sobers,Malcom Marshall,Andy Roberts,Michael Holding and Joel Garner.
But anyway how was my post?

View Profile
PM

Posted: 11 August 2010 09:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Fanatic Fan
Total Posts:  167
Joined  22/01/2010

@vicksnara- wow young man! u got immense knowledge. but re-check it. i think Irfan got hatrick in 1st over but not on 1st 3 balls. I think its on 4th, 5th n 6th. N i guess he is th 2nd bowler to take hattrick in the 1st over in history. And Dravid scored 180 at Eden gardens, 01, not 170.
@ dravia- hehehe!  ‘wil u be able to produce SAME facts about sehwag’...as if all thos r Dravid’s facts.  Look with what the content n intentions r put n see whr u r taking the issue to! amusing!

View Profile
PM

Posted: 11 August 2010 09:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Fan
Joined  20/03/2010

Yes I will be able to put facts about Rcb.And I think it is in the first 3 balls and I will just check it out.And thanks for pointing out the mistakes.

View Profile
PM

Posted: 11 August 2010 09:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Fanatic Fan
Total Posts:  162
Joined  21/09/2009

@HOLMES:ha ha ha you try to say something but not concluding…..
All are not dravid facts but none is sehwag facts…...

View Profile
PM

Fast Reply