Apycom jQuery Menus
-

How can 1 get 106 references in a day?
Posted: 12 August 2010 11:29 AM   [ Ignore ]
Fanatic Fan
Total Posts:  49
Joined  07/09/2009

Not offending anyone in this discussion. Just a doubt. Looking at Kushal Sheth’s application I saw that his first reference was yesterday. And his 106th reference came in today. I don’t say its impossible. It is possible.

http://www.royalchallengers.com/cricket-online-contests/ffc3/kushal-sheth

Things I noticed. Many doesn’t have a proile pic under his references.
Most of them have used article but on the other hand other applicants refer it as Blog or Application.
And I found his words was mixture of many others apps. (Only the first and 3rd part) Middle part was unique.

Sry if I am wrong. Just clarify my doubts. No offense.

View Profile
PM

Posted: 12 August 2010 11:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Fanatic Fan
Total Posts:  133
Joined  22/02/2010

smile Sherlock Holmes sees everything :0

View Profile
PM

Posted: 12 August 2010 05:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Fanatic Fan
maddydravid
Total Posts:  299
Joined  14/09/2009

yup rakesh half of them dont have a pic…something fishy there!!!

View Profile
PM

Posted: 12 August 2010 06:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Fan
Total Posts:  29
Joined  18/09/2009

THIS ENTIRE PROCESS IS VERY FUNNY & BAD.I AM SORRY RAKESH AS I COULD NOT VOTE BUT MISPRPORTIONATELY SAID THAT I HAD VOTED ON FACEBOOK.FORGIVE ME BUT WE ALL MUST RAISE OUR VOICE TO SCRAP THIS ERRATIC PROCESS.

View Profile
PM

Posted: 12 August 2010 06:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Fanatic Fan
Total Posts:  9
Joined  07/09/2009

Hey Guys

Have faith in the moderators grin

I guess they will have an idea to weed out references that are a one line comment and from multiple id’s in a short time. Its general convention that slog overs see runs scored in a frenetic fashion. Its a T20 finish at FF3 with votes and references flowing.

View Profile
PM

Posted: 12 August 2010 08:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Fan
raghu-huddar
Total Posts:  1
Joined  12/08/2010

I Agree with greecu. Collecting votes is not a great way of telling that you are good blogger or photographer.

View Profile
PM

Posted: 12 August 2010 08:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Fan
gautam-krishnamurthy
Total Posts:  7
Joined  23/07/2010

Well yes, its a valid doubt. Had happened in my case too..
I had to wait for mod to clear my name.
Lets see if the comm managers have a blog post waiting for us.
It might be one of pure awe or pure awefulness.
:D
One way or the other.
Innocent until proven guilty smile

View Profile
PM

Posted: 12 August 2010 11:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Fan
Total Posts:  68
Joined  26/09/2009

guys, these votes and references hardly have any bearing on your final selection. if you have a very good app, there’s no way you cannot be selected.
also, people can easily create fake IDs and vote for themselves and write references. so, there’s actually no point in giving any weightage to this selection criteria. and i’m sure the community managers too are smart enough not to consider votes and refs for final selection….

View Profile
PM

Posted: 13 August 2010 05:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Fan
Total Posts:  6
Joined  06/09/2009

Hey, I understand all your concerns. I just wanted to clear the air around this. I’ve been trying to upload my profile picture from the past 2 days but haven’t had any success. I had contacted the administrators as well but I didn’t get a response. I’ll give you a link as well if you guys like.
        As for the votes, I’m an internet marketer by profession and I have TONS of online friends so votes wasn’t really an issue for me.
      Every single word I wrote was unique and was written by me.
I’m quite surprised why my name hasn’t come up in the top 21 list. I’m going to try and get in touch with a moderator to clear the issue. I completely understand the doubts you guys have though.

Link:
http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/8020/kushal4.jpg

View Profile
PM

Posted: 14 August 2010 07:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Administrator
Fan
Total Posts:  100
Joined  10/09/2009

pic moderation can take up to 2 days, and kushal, now we can see you!

View Profile
PM

Posted: 14 August 2010 07:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Fan
Total Posts:  6
Joined  06/09/2009

Thanks. I still haven’t got a reply from Natasha with regards to the message I sent her about the selection process. I don’t really know where I haven’t been able to score to get through to the top 7. At least if you compare it to the many other applications, not only I but a whole lot of people that I have spoken to (writing industry) have told me that both grammar wise and quality wise mine is one of the best. I did pretty well in votes and I don’t think I have to mention that. Could you please clarify? Thanks for sorting one of the problems out :D

View Profile
PM

Fast Reply