Apycom jQuery Menus
-

Hey-I’m quite disappointed (FFC3)
Posted: 13 August 2010 06:36 AM   [ Ignore ]
Fan
Total Posts:  6
Joined  06/09/2009

Hey guys!
Let me introduce myself here first. I’m Kushal Sheth and I’m a big fan of the Royal Challengers just as you all are. I saw a thread sometime back doubting the authenticity of my profile and I tried clarifying all the doubts that were posed.
    I completely understand why you guys have doubts. In fact, even I would doubt people without a profile picture. The problem comes here… I tried uploading my profile pic quite a few times a few days back, it didn’t work. I sent an email with a bunch of doubts to the RCB support team and I didn’t get a reply to the email (I got a reply to the first email clarifying some of the doubts but this particular problem wasn’t clarified).
    Coming to the votes. Let’s forget about the votes for now as votes don’t play or rather shouldn’t play a big role in the selection of the chief blogger. At the end of the day talent is what counts and not the number of votes you get. I’m not saying I’m really good or anything but seeing the people that have been shortlisted with hardly any votes and a not-so-impressive application I’m wondering what’s gone wrong and how the whole selection process has been carried out.
    I’m quite disappointed about the fact that after putting in SO much of hard work over the past few days I haven’t been shortlisted. Do you really think my application was that bad? =/
    I sent a message to Natasha with regards to the shortlisting and I’m sure she’ll be able to help me out. Heck, I’m ready to give a pre-interview if you want to test me out once before you send me for the final interview. I’m on for anything whether it is a group discussion, personal interview, a quiz or whatever. I’m just hoping that I’m given a chance to prove my worth.
    I would also like to thank all the members of that thread:
Rakesh Katti, Wizard Prince, Maddy Dravid, Greecu, Kartik, Raghu, Gautam and Sandeep. I would like to thank them because not one of them doubted me even for a single second even though I had the highest number of votes. Under normal circumstances people would be throwing/pelting stones at the person involved by assuming what they have done is wrong. Thanks for your support.
Looking forward to hearing back from you guys. Feel free to share any of your thoughts on this matter.

Link to my profile picture:
http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/8020/kushal4.jpg

Link to my application:
http://www.royalchallengers.com/cricket-online-contests/ffc3/kushal-sheth

Thanks,
Kushal Sheth.

View Profile
PM

Posted: 13 August 2010 07:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Fan
Total Posts:  2
Joined  13/08/2010

dost, selection was not done on merit. it was all favouritism. so dont feel sad.

View Profile
PM

Posted: 13 August 2010 12:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Fanatic Fan
Total Posts:  133
Joined  22/02/2010

Don’t be sad Kushal. It’s all Karma. We just wrote a good application which got featured and spent time collecting lots of votes. We should have also proven our capability of being able to write throughout the tournament, which we didn’t :(.

View Profile
PM

Posted: 13 August 2010 08:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Fanatic Fan
Total Posts:  9
Joined  07/09/2009

Hey Kaushal

Sometimes things dont go according to plan. Dont worry. Maybe you could speak with Natasha or Nidhi to understand where you could have made your application better, so that next time you could win.

I know it feels dissapointing sometimes for not making the cut, but thats the interesting part of life, where an incident makes you regurgitate your old self and rise up like the phoenix.

Chill man! Things will get better, if you can forget the pain of not getting selected. Focus your attention and see what else you can do to enter FFC4.

Regards

Kartik

View Profile
PM

Posted: 13 August 2010 09:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Fan
Total Posts:  29
Joined  18/09/2009

HI FRIEND DON’T BE DISAPPOINTED.IT’S ALL THERE.REMEMBER GOD IS FAITHFUL.IT’S NOT AS IF I AM PREACHING PHILOSOPHY BUT WHAT CAN WE DO NOW.HOPE TO GO TO ENGLAND OR MAY BE AUSTRALIA FOR FFC4.JUST KIDDING .RAHUL ANOTHER FRIEND IS REALLY ANGRY TOO.SO JUST RELAX.MANY OTHERS LIKE RAKESH,SACHIN,MR.WIZRD PRINCE ARE ALSO REALLY TALENTED WHEN THEY ARE NOT SELECTED .WHO ARE WE.U ARE OF COURSE GOOD BUT THE MATTER IS NOT IN OUR HANDS.ON THE OTHER HAND EVERYONE CAN/T BE HAPPY.THAT’S A CONTEST.SOME WIN,SOME LOSE TRULY.MAY BE NEXT TIME SURELY WE WILL ALL GET SELECTED.TAKE THE PROMISE & FULFILL THE CHALLENGE BUT THIS VOTING MUST BE SCRAPPED SURELY.IT’S RUBBISH.

MITRAJIT BISWAS AKA GREECU

View Profile
PM

Posted: 15 August 2010 02:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Fan
vignesh-sridhar2
Total Posts:  2
Joined  20/03/2010

Man u will make it one day!! so dont worrry!! we r all one family ther to support u forever!!! so chill!!:):)

View Profile
PM

Posted: 16 August 2010 07:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Fanatic Fan
Total Posts:  162
Joined  21/09/2009

@kushal-sheth:
hey buddy there is no need to worry about this….you have done your best.your application is not selected and it was not rejected…so don’t feel bad,you will win one day…
All the best…
as a family member i’m telling this..

View Profile
PM

Posted: 24 August 2010 11:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Fan
Total Posts:  45
Joined  02/02/2010

kushal… the whole fun about being in a competition is knowing your talents that come out of it.

I remember that towards the end your votes over shot the person with the highest votes - Gautam, but the judges did not use the votes as their help to judge, it was just a criteria. Nothing depended solely on the votes and I hd already made that clear to everyone when the contest started.

To cheer you up you must know - that Disha Shetty the winner of the Chief Blogger made it to FFC3 the third time and finally got it right and won. So you know how the saying goes - ‘Try Try till you succeed’ - it is exactly what Disha did and she finally cracked it. So i encourage you too to not be disheartened but keep trying. The first experience will teach you for the second time.

All the Best! smile

View Profile
PM

Posted: 27 August 2010 11:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Fan
Total Posts:  6
Joined  06/09/2009

To be honest, I’m not even saying that I should have won with the votes. I’m just saying that not only I, but a whole bunch of people I know thought I was better than “certain” people who got short-listed.

View Profile
PM

Fast Reply