Apycom jQuery Menus

Fanatic Fans contest ek dum bogus hain
Posted: 13 August 2010 07:14 AM   [ Ignore ]
Fan
Total Posts:  2
Joined  13/08/2010

I am following this Fanatics Fans Challenge with a different login name and after today’s result was declared, i get a strong feeling that it is not a fair process. below are some examples…
In Chief Blogger category
1> People like Jaccky and Ritish Singhal just dont deserve to be shortlisted. Because the quality of their application is not as good as many others and they dont even come in the top 7 in voting basis. Ritish is at 11th and jacky is at 12th. Toh kis basis per unko select kiya gaya?
2>One of the shortlists Vikram Afzulpurkar, has not even been featured!! Right from the beginning, we were told that our application has to be featured to be considered. Phir yeh vikram kahan se aa tapka?
3> How did Suhasini Mitra get a wild card entry? kis basis par? and when was it told to us that wild card entries are allowed. if she is allowed, bohot saare aise log hain jo deserve karte hain…
4>Kushal, Anand, Rohit, Praveen Gupta and Sidhart, all write better than Sujan and also have higher votes than him, yet the latter is chosen!
5>Disha Shetty is not an extraordinary writer and is 16th in the voting list, yet she gets shortlisted. I also just came to know she works for the company that is organizing this contest on behalf of RCB. WHICH CONTEST IN THIS WORLD ALLOWS THE ORGANISER’S EMPLOYEES TO PARTICIPATE? And is that why she got selected despite other deserving candidates having better writing skills and more votes?

In Chief Podcaster category
1>A lady called Sherrie wasnt even in the featured applications and hasn’t even uploaded the 3 mandatory audio files. Just 1 audio file, and she gets shortlisted! Mitrajit Biswas has uploaded a full application, and he’s not shortlisted, despite there being 1 vacant spot! Shocking hain!

In Chief Photographer category
1> Mandar Dewalkar has put pictures of animals in the sports photography section!!! His application wasn’t even featured!! And he’s shortlisted! Shabaash organisers!!
2>Asif Shaikh is another who is not featured, yet gets shortlisted. This gentleman too hasnt gotten anywhere near cricket in his ‘sports photography’ section!!!

All the questions need to be answered by the organisers Nidhi and Natasha. So many people have worked for this day and night. And all that seems to be done is favouritism.
Why talk about corruption in Commonwealth Games, when there is corruption right here in the RCB fan club?

View Profile
PM

Posted: 13 August 2010 08:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Fan
Total Posts:  68
Joined  26/09/2009

rahul, u’ve certainly made sense. all your points seem valid, and as i said earlier, i only sympathise with those who didnt make the cut….

View Profile
PM

Posted: 13 August 2010 08:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Fan
Total Posts:  45
Joined  02/02/2010

Rahul.. I understand that you maybe upset but like we have said earlier votes are only one of the criteria to getting selected and not the only category.

Every person selected during the FFC and shortlisted go through a process that is followed and only those who we think can manage to do their job all through the tournament make it.

Disha is not working on RCB, hence she was allowed to participate. Also her application is a very good one.

Mitrajit Biswas’ app is not the same quality as Sherrie which is why Sherrie made the cut and he did not

The idea of the wild card entry was to surprise the fans.

@Mahesh: thanks for clarifying the points that I may have missed out.
@Radio: You made the cut to FFC2, and you sympathize with the ones who did not?

View Profile
PM

Posted: 13 August 2010 09:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Fanatic Fan
Total Posts:  133
Joined  22/02/2010

“Every person selected during the FFC and shortlisted go through a process that is followed and only those who we think can manage to do their job all through the tournament make it.”

Dear Natasha,

Though, I didn’t question your judgement, but, the above statement of yours, really hurts and disappoints.

You mean that I was judged through some unknown process, through which, the judging team came to the conclusion that I am unfit for the job of ‘Chief Blogger’. If my memory serves me right, just a few months back, I was in the final list of FFC, which was probably short-listed by the same set of judges.

In the six months since then, I have written, probably the largest number of blogs on the site (deriving reasonable acceptance). I also was adjudged the winner of the IPL review contest and I believe the judges have been more or less the same.

If you rejected my application on the basis that I am unfit to do the job of the Chief Blogger, despite my being a professional writer, may I know what made you arrive at that decision?

Please do reply to this.

Truly RCBian

Praveen

View Profile
PM

Posted: 13 August 2010 09:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Fan
Total Posts:  6
Joined  06/09/2009
natasha@RCB - 13 August 2010 08:51 AM

Rahul.. I understand that you maybe upset but like we have said earlier votes are only one of the criteria to getting selected and not the only category.

Every person selected during the FFC and shortlisted go through a process that is followed and only those who we think can manage to do their job all through the tournament make it.

Disha is not working on RCB, hence she was allowed to participate. Also her application is a very good one.

Mitrajit Biswas’ app is not the same quality as Sherrie which is why Sherrie made the cut and he did not

The idea of the wild card entry was to surprise the fans.

@Mahesh: thanks for clarifying the points that I may have missed out.
@Radio: You made the cut to FFC2, and you sympathize with the ones who did not?

Well, I am quite disappointed as well. You haven’t mentioned as to why my name hasn’t been shortlisted. I have both votes and quality and I am not the only one who is saying this. I have heard from a whole lot of people that my name should definitely be among the top 7. I sent you a message as well which I haven’t gotten a reply to. I’ve made a thread as well expressing my concerns which hasn’t been taken into consideration. I’ll be taking up this matter with Sidharth Mallya in the upcoming RCB fans meetup in IIM-B on the 14th. At least if you had or will give me a suitable reason for not shortlisting me I will agree to it and not question you further, but it seems like you don’t want to respond to the queries posed to you.

View Profile
PM

Posted: 13 August 2010 10:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Fan
Total Posts:  6
Joined  06/09/2009
mahesh-sharma - 13 August 2010 08:04 AM

#1. Stop Crying. Its not as if ur life has ended.
#2. Its not compulsory to have ur application featured to get selected in final 7.
#3.Photographers are supposed to show their work. Not necessarily related to sports.
#4. Quality is more important. So the organizers can select 6/5 instead of 7 if they don’t find it worth selecting anyone.

#1. That means you just keep quiet and keep listening to whatever is happening? That’s what’s happening to India, nobody’s ready to raise their voice and the people who raise their voice get thrashed. I think you’re cranky.
#2. If your application is featured that means the moderators think you’re worthy of making it as the chief-blogger/podcaster/photographer. They are the ones who have selected the applications that have been featured.
#3. I agree with you on this point.
#4. As I mentioned previously. The whole point of putting an application in the featured list is because it is one of the applications that stands out and then not getting shortlisted is quite strange.

View Profile
PM

Posted: 13 August 2010 12:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Fan
gautam-krishnamurthy
Total Posts:  7
Joined  23/07/2010

There is unrest. Hope it gets settled soon. I know my words at this point might seem like “Ha! I got selected. I’m talking smooth so that I don’t offend anyone”
But truly, there seem to be valid doubts and valid reasoning from both sides. Not all doubts are cleared and that seems to be the cause for the unrest. Hope the community managers bring out a fair trial for the objections and finish with the debate.

View Profile
PM

Posted: 13 August 2010 12:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Fanatic Fan
Joined  22/02/2010

Hi Gautam,

Congrats on winning and now I wish that you go all the way to South Africa and provide us some wonderful readings in the future.

There are doubts and there are issues, but, it is always a part of the game. Some win, some lose, some made to lose.

View Profile
PM

Posted: 13 August 2010 03:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Fan
gautam-krishnamurthy
Total Posts:  7
Joined  23/07/2010

@ Wizardprince
Hope the last clause is just a myth though. smile
Haanji!. I will do my best if selected smile

View Profile
PM

Posted: 13 August 2010 07:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Fanatic Fan
Joined  22/02/2010

No mythology here smile

View Profile
PM

Posted: 13 August 2010 09:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Fan
Total Posts:  29
Joined  18/09/2009

THANK YOU RAHUL FOR ATLEAST GIVING ME SOME CREDIT BUT WE HAVE TO RESPECT THE DECISION OF RCB AUTHORITY.AS I READ NATASHA MAM HAS QUOTED THAT MY APPLICATION IS NOT AS GOOD AS SHERRIE.PROBABLY IT’S TRUE BUT YES I KNOW REBELLION IS ON THE RISE.THERE ARE OTHER DESERVING PEOPLE TOO LIKE I THINK PROBABLY RAKESH,SACHIN WHO ARE ARE GOOD IN BLOGGING IF I AM NOT MISTAKEN BUT NOT SELECTED.SO IT’S REALLY A COMPLEX MATTER.I KNOW ONE THING THAT THIS VOTING PROCESS NEEDS TO BE SCRAPPED ONCE & FOR ALL.HOPING TO TAKE ON FFC4.FUNNY DREAMING ON FUTURE BUT WELL THAT’S WHAT YOU CALL LUCK IN A CONTEST.ONLY THING MISSED TO SEE RAHUL & ROBIN BUT NEVERTHLESS HOPING FOR THE BEST & I WOULD BE HAPPY IF I GET CLARIFICATION ON WHERE MY APPLICATION WAS WEAK SO THAT I COULD WORK ON IT.(NO PUN INTENDED!)

THANK YOU RAHUL ONCE AGAIN.FRIEND DON’T BE ANGRY.SAB CHALTA HAIN.GOOD LUCK TO SELECTED 21.SOUTH AFRICA IS WAITING.JUST GET THE VISA & BOARD THE FLIGHT.HA HA.

MITRAJIT BISWAS AKA GREECU

View Profile
PM

Posted: 14 August 2010 12:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Fan
Aruna-Desai
Total Posts:  70
Joined  28/02/2010

Everything is going very fair in the contests in RCB.

the life do not end here…I understnd the trauma of not getting selected…

My be those are selected has one+ point…

Many more will follow…!

View Profile
PM

Posted: 14 August 2010 02:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Fanatic Fan
Total Posts:  1
Joined  18/09/2009

Chill Rahul, even I have not been selected and this hurts but don’t vent out in a manner that will make people believe you are cribbing.
All your points are justified and I feel aggrieved for the same reason. I was selected for FFC1, don’t need any certificate from any guy about my writing, people who know me and have read me in places like espnstar, cricketnext and all top websites know totally well about my writing skills but that does not give us any good reason to lambast anyone. There might be prejudices but at the end of the day its their contest aint it so they can play fair or unfair whatever they want. Chill and enjoy life, I know its discouraging and seeing ur anger i clearly see these guys losing a fan but I would reiterate, don’t lose the fan following because of the contest, the contest is a very trivial part of RCB and I hope fans like you do not deter by such trivialities of life. Enjoy Maadi, see u sometime.

PS:If the rohit you mentioned in ur note was me thanks for appreciation.

View Profile
PM

Posted: 14 August 2010 03:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Fanatic Fan
Joined  22/02/2010

Dear Mahesh,

Thank you so much for your appreciation and support! I am more than happy to know that you acknowledge my talent. I wish I had understood things and refrained from competing in this FFC.

No worries that I didn’t win this one because I was not meant to. I would always love to be the ‘best blogger on this site’ rather than the ‘chief Blogger’.

The reason for my not winning is attributed to my lack of loyalty for RCB and lack of capability to do the job raspberry

@Aruna Auntie : Yeah, I know you can explain the trauma as you have experienced it for the second time. However, in my case I am not traumatized. Regarding the fairness of the results, that’s something beyond you to argue with. Good luck..

View Profile
PM

Posted: 15 August 2010 03:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Fan
Aruna-Desai
Total Posts:  70
Joined  28/02/2010

@Wizardprince
I am answering to Rahul…And in my life i ve never experienced trauma…I take part in the contest..as I enjoy taking part..last time we got Aneesh who did a wonderful job.
.And I never get jealous…
I was a spotsperson in my life
..And the messge is here for Rahul..
Chill..

View Profile
PM

Posted: 16 August 2010 01:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Fanatic Fan
Joined  22/02/2010

@ Aruna Ji : Good wishes to you. Great to know that you were a sportsperson in your lifetime. Good that you edited the comment because I was a bit confused about the cheel.. Be happy and never face any trauma, but, please don’t send me sms. I don’t like unwanted communications. Thanks and regards..

@ Mahesh : smile Happy Independence Day!

View Profile
PM

Fast Reply