Apycom jQuery Menus

1 of 2
Finding solutions to the FFC, management chaos
Posted: 20 August 2010 10:27 PM   [ Ignore ]
Fanatic Fan
Total Posts:  167
Joined  22/01/2010

Its been a long time since i saw such a heathy discussion on a thread like the last one by Raghav! Even more so on Facebook on a Ashish Parmar wall post. (thanks Rakesh for informing me about it).
Firstly i am not a participant of any contests or events initiated by the site. So i may have said here that is not seem fair due my lack of awareness about the FFCs n events. I think the management has done a appreciable job in increasing the fan base n growing the brand RCB. I disagree to the issue that a RCB manager/company has to belong to banglore to function more efficiently. Its not complex issues of poverty, education or basic needs where a local is more aware than a outsider. We all r mainly driven by the passion for cricket n RCB. How can u assure a banglorian would have done a better job? does place of birth impart management skills?  Its more of a individual efficiency issue than a regional issue i feel.

Sencondly, the dispute over the deserving candidate as FFC winners.  I think the organisers too are helpless to distinguiseh between a real fan n a imposing one just for the prizes.  Its quite difficult to sort them out.  Lets think of solutions assuming to be stepping in the FFC organisers so that genuine fans win in future. I m against an attitude where u just complain but not suggest any improvement measures. I suggest 1 way here-
1) Try n make this site known to as many rcb supporters.  i think advertising about it in the Stadium will get huge no.  supporters aware about it when there r telecasts in the stadium. Also active participation of RCB team memebers will excite people to join the site. even already fanatics shud spred the word to there friends about the site. Let all the people get opportunities to participate by making them aware.
2) once its certain many supporters r aware n fan counts are increasing, keep a track of fans who regularly showing interests in the site activities. Those posting/comenting regularly on cricketing issues n players r more likely to be real rcb fans then thos showing interests just in events. A person jus interested in goodies wont bother taking interests in players n cricketing aspects. thus, members can be given the ‘fanatic fan’ tag as per their interests shown for RCB (not just in events mind u). i think moderators better remove the ‘fanatic fan’ tags on those who are being least active n not posting interesting/important/knowledgeble stuff even when tournaments r around the corner. dont expect them to be posting all through the year.
3) During the next FFCs, collect the best presentations/applications n favour those having the ‘fanatic fan’ tag for declaring winners. Also declare that regular RCB enthusiasm is a major factor n not just best content so that non-fanatics dont bother joining the contests n waste their efforts.

Well, this is what ocurred to me. Hope its posible to impliment it.  Others please give ur views n suggestions smile

View Profile
PM

Posted: 20 August 2010 11:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Fanatic Fan
Total Posts:  49
Joined  07/09/2009

Well u have got some points right. (SOME) Even I did mention about this on that facebook thread.

One more topic to think on is. RCB is cricket team. As holmes and others on web site says. Most of the blogs on RCB web site never speak about cricket. the real cricket topics or blogs are completely missing. Cricket fans really enjoy reading every article on cricinfo but not on RCB site

View Profile
PM

Posted: 20 August 2010 11:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Fanatic Fan
Joined  22/01/2010

i read that rakesh. but tht got discussed in coments of a blog of wizardprince n nidhi had replied that steps will be taken about it. so didnt say about that again here. I would like to know which ‘some’ u didnt find right

View Profile
PM

Posted: 21 August 2010 07:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Fan
Total Posts:  68
Joined  26/09/2009

Holmes, good topic. let’s make it constructive criticism.
Nidhi and Co., hope you take my feedback positively.

I understand that your intention is to increase RCB’s fan base as much as possible, and that is good no doubt. But then, i get a feeling that numbers are being given too much importance. Yes, as a profit making company, you have to show numbers to impress RCB, who in turn will be proud to quote these numbers to the media. But frankly tell me, what percentage of this 90000 are genuine fans who even log in to the website?

Some simple math here (approximate numbers):
21 were chosen for finals, and say another 29 were featured apps. and these 50 had about 100 votes on an average, so, 5000 votes. atleast 4000 of them would have been from the friends of these 50 who had to register on the site to only to vote. now, this is only the featured apps of only FFC3. take all the apps of all 3 FFCs, and we would have a big dummy fan base.

Now, Holmes (and a few others too) have raised a valid point about how we can find out who a real fan is and who is not. My suggestion would be to allow just fanatic fans to participate in the FFC. then even the name fanatic fans challenge would be appropriate.

how does one become a fanatic fan? simple… the ones who contribute on the site, organise and/or participate in meet-ups, may be even those who purchase more using the RCKC loyalty card.

Fanatic fans can be added or removed on a monthly or bi-monthly basis. dont fear that this number may come down to 10 or 20, it’s fine as long as those guys are the really fanatic ones.

by doing this, u avoid the possibility of people coming in to win prizes and then walking out soon after. u also entice other people to become fanatic fans and therefore they would contribute something.  fanatic fans need to be rewarded for being fanatic fans. i’m sure it would be heartbreaking for them to see non-rcb fans come and take all the limelight only during contests.

View Profile
PM

Posted: 21 August 2010 09:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Fanatic Fan
Total Posts:  289
Joined  16/02/2010

I agree with most of the things u said holmes. Especially on the fanatic fan topic. Some poeple just play for goodies and some are very profile they have got fanatic fan status they never show up on the site but only when there major RCB events. Dont want to take any names.

On the topic of CM in b angalore. We never are saying, he/shw should be bangalorean, what we are saying is that they should also be based out of bangalore. It will help us a great ideal.

Ask rakesh, what happened to the TV9 planned programme, things would have been better organized.

Ask Allen, what is happening is Fan Meet ups.

View Profile
PM

Posted: 22 August 2010 12:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Administrator
Fan
Total Posts:  100
Joined  10/09/2009

@Sachin yes we were very unhappy with what was done during TV9 as well. Unfortunately when it comes to organizing with third parties, the community managers cannot be 100% responsible. I believe we did our best at communicating back and forth.

We need City Ambassadors who are mature enough to understand such things aren’t easy to organize. Not city ambassadors who make a hgue stink about a small even affecting 5-10 fans and thereby allowing the entire Fan Club to know about these glitches. We’re in the early phases of organizing and mobilizing the Fan Club. It’s not easy. And it’s not good to set a negative example to local city chapters especially since Bangalore IS the strongest base. YEs what happened was not good - you have our phone number. Call us and let’s work it out. What do we achieve by pasting such negative sentiments on the forums? I’m not saying this to protect myself - you guys are very vocal about my goof ups and I always acknowledge them. I say it because teamwork is truly the way forward.

View Profile
PM

Posted: 22 August 2010 12:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Administrator
Fan
Joined  10/09/2009

Sorry forgot to mention HERE, YES we will re-visit the way Fanatic Fans work and see what we can do to flush the Fan Club clean of “Dead” users (mind you, we’re keeping our “inactive users” - they’re usually active during IPL).

You all claim your fanatic fans eh. Start reading my comments throughout the site. :( I’ve addressed these issues before!

View Profile
PM

Posted: 22 August 2010 01:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Fanatic Fan
Total Posts:  289
Joined  16/02/2010

I was telling a issue i thought was relevant. I gave my feedback thats it.

One thing there is no small or big number here, if it affects one fan its a issue. We spare time to attend, coz we love and am sure you know how passionate some of us are. I am sure there will be issues, nothing can be 100% perfect, thats y we are discussing here. Lets work towards a common solution, lets talk i have already said i am up for it.

One thing we should make these discussions more open, if i talk on phone with u or any other moderator and we may come to a common understanding, the same needs to be done with other people. Next time when we all meet lets discuss these stuffs.

I agree on the teamwork part. Lets work together, i am here to support the team, club i love, RCB.

View Profile
PM

Posted: 22 August 2010 01:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Fanatic Fan
Joined  22/01/2010

ok nidhi. if u have addressed th issue b4, u cud hav just mentioned it where it is. I did find it now. I dont search the entire site n read everything posted due to time reasons.  I didnt like that sarcastic comment at the end that doubt being fanatic.

View Profile
PM

Posted: 22 August 2010 04:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Fanatic Fan
Total Posts:  5
Joined  23/09/2009

My Suggestion :—Select one who knows about cricket, like any Ranji player from Bangalore. People Will keep fighting for Name n Fame. Everyone want to take advantage of this Awesome community. more than 20 to 30 %  are fake just trying to highlight their name.

PORTION DELETED BY MODERATOR

I would suggest select more girls as a winner than guys.

View Profile
PM

Posted: 22 August 2010 05:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Fan
Joined  26/09/2009

As one of the winners of FFC 2, i take serious offence to this cheap statement made by Rocky. There are 2 things to this actually:
1) we made enough friends from among the fans during FFC. Fans like Naresh Kamat and Jayanth KBS were so amazing when i went to Manipal and Shimoga respectively.
At the Mighty 14 meets too, i went around interviewing some of the chosen fans, Ashish clicked pics, MR shot videos and Aneesh took people around the hotel and made them feel comfortable. I even took the fans’ personal cameras and clicked pics of theirs when the players came to give jerseys.
2) PORTION DELETED FOR PERSONAL ATTACK

View Profile
PM

Posted: 22 August 2010 06:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Fanatic Fan
Total Posts:  71
Joined  07/09/2009

@ rockky- i totaally dis agree with u!!!! the reason why i say so is its only casue of IPL-3 n Mighty 14 i had met the GEM of a person in SANdeep!!>. though i didnt meet Aneesh that time ,wen i came to noe him at the FAN summit he was another gem of a person, MR SAndeep was also pretty nice! he shot a video of us asking Qs to the player whom v fancied.. Ashish patiently took pics of us inside the stadium as well as in the hotel at the mighty 14..
DUDE i think its high time u open ur eyes n learn to c the good in those guys!! FRANKLY speaking the wer the ideal combo of guys to do it… NO1 on this site will deny that Sandeep probably has the clearest voice, Ashish pics r mindblowing or Aneeshs articles ROCK!!! they r PRoffesionals man n still they wer humble!!! dude rocky if dis u couldnt observe den im sure u will never be able to c the good in any!!!:(:(:)

View Profile
PM

Posted: 22 August 2010 07:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Fanatic Fan
Joined  23/09/2009

PORTION DELETED BY MODERATOR FOR PERSONAL ATTACK
———————————————————

@Vignesh your perception is different from mine so cant do anything.

m not here to give anyone any answer,... Just want the site Admin should know about the FAKE PEOPLE.

View Profile
PM

Posted: 22 August 2010 07:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Fanatic Fan
Joined  23/09/2009

Now keep fighting n Keep Supporting the BEST Team RCB

GTG

Will visit the site soon once the CL will start.

Cya

View Profile
PM

Posted: 22 August 2010 07:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Fan
Joined  26/09/2009

POST DELETED BY MODERATOR FOR PERSONAL ATTACK

View Profile
PM

Posted: 22 August 2010 09:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Fanatic Fan
maddydravid
Total Posts:  299
Joined  14/09/2009

View Profile
PM

Posted: 22 August 2010 11:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Fan
aditya-kulkarni
Total Posts:  80
Joined  06/09/2009

Is this Rocky guy real or what?
He’s absolutely out of his mind!
Sandy and Aneesh were the 2 best things to happen to this site and i mean it.Even to this day,the podcaster thingy just reminds me of Sandy and sandy only!Same with Aneesh.His posts were awesome smile

is this guy unhappy because of the fact that he wasnt made one ?thank heavens for that!
How and who made this guy a fanatic fan when all i see of him is fake and foolish videos and taking useless digs at everyone except himself and (mallya,maybe!)..

View Profile
PM

Posted: 22 August 2010 09:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Fanatic Fan
maddydravid
Total Posts:  299
Joined  14/09/2009

View Profile
PM

Posted: 23 August 2010 07:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Fanatic Fan
Total Posts:  133
Joined  22/02/2010

“m not here to give anyone any answer,... Just want the site Admin should know about the FAKE PEOPLE. “

PORTION DELETED BY MODERATOR
You are accusing others of being fake, especially guys like Sandeep, but, have you ever cared to see the mirror.

I never saw you on the fan club until the ongoing Airtel CLT20 and suddenly you come up with some videos which were not aimed at showing your support for RCB, but, winning the Airtel contest.

Get real if you are!

View Profile
PM

Posted: 24 August 2010 02:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Fanatic Fan
Total Posts:  53
Joined  14/09/2009

Hehe.. How did i miss out on this thread here? raspberry Sandeep is getting all the support, which he deserves..  Roccky, you picked the wrong man to criticize..!
@wizard Most video editing is done by his friends.. he only acts in front of them.. smile PS:Where are your posts man. I liked what you wrote!

View Profile
PM

Posted: 24 August 2010 02:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Administrator
Fan
Joined  10/09/2009

Have gone through and moderated posts with personal attacks.

Last warning you guys - We will ban you for a week if you continue the personal attacks. this is NOT the forum for it, you can take it off this site and fight somewhere else.

Note that I have retained the parts of your convos I deemed appropriate. I don’t want to ban anyone, I think all of you are genuine fans regardless of how you display it. Please don’t make me the bad guy.

p.s. @Holmes re:your comment about my sarcasm, I’m sorry, shouldn’t have let my frustration seep out there. Will try to not let it happen again.

View Profile
PM

1 of 2
Fast Reply