Apycom jQuery Menus

1 of 2
Fan Meet Ups, Your Ideas, Your Inputs.. :)
Posted: 25 August 2010 04:24 AM   [ Ignore ]
Fanatic Fan
Total Posts:  21
Joined  07/09/2009

First of all I would like to thank Both the CM’s for the support they have given for the Meet Ups which has happened in Bangalore & in Mumbai.
There are a number of meet up happened in Bangalore with the first one started by Nidhi herself.

I’ve started this forum to get more of your opinions about what can be done in the Meet Ups to keep the fans going at the time of Champions League & Non Cricket Season.

We will talk about how we can organize meet ups without the sponsors because I’m sure the CM’s are trying to help us out on that & it cannot happen very soon as we think cause there’s a lot of discussions that needs to happen before something needs to implemented about sponsorship.

As Champions League is nearing, RCB has two matches on the weekends i.e. 12th & 19th, so we are thinking of having a Meet Up at these times to watch the matches together at a Sports bar or some place.

So please help us to help you to organize the meet ups smile

View Profile
PM

Posted: 25 August 2010 05:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Fan
Total Posts:  1
Joined  16/08/2010

how about organisin a meet up at ‘cafe coffee day’ at 80ft road??..v shal book d entire place durin match time..there’s an big lcd there..btw i think pub shud nt b d place 4 fans meetup coz not all age groups can participate..but if majority of fans ask 4 pub..then v may select it.

View Profile
PM

Posted: 25 August 2010 06:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Fanatic Fan
Joined  07/09/2009

We can try to check on that smile

View Profile
PM

Posted: 25 August 2010 07:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Fanatic Fan
Total Posts:  279
Joined  16/02/2010

Great allen. Good that we are seeing the match together,

* Choosing the place depends on how many people turn up, more the people the bigger the space we need. I have heard of place in richmond circle which is built for specially watching cricket matches, will find out the name
* Lets showcase some cool stuff, prepare posters, get flags and soon

12th i am out of town on the occassion of ganesh chaturthi, i am sure to join on 19th.

Regards,
Sachin

View Profile
PM

Posted: 25 August 2010 08:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Fanatic Fan
Total Posts:  133
Joined  22/02/2010

In this regard, even I would like to thank the CMs for their back up regarding the Delhi Fan meet. The virtually non-existent Delhi RCB fan club is now taking wings and there has been more interaction among fans. Soon, there will be another meetup, just waiting for the seasonal floods to vanish smile.

It is true that on self support basis, it becomes a bit difficult to organize meetups, but, that is not a very big problem. What is needed more is to cultivate an enthusiasm among the RCBians of a particular area. We do hang out with friends and spend our own money at that time so if we start developing a bonding among the fan group, then the meetups can be more fun.

2. I believe that there should be a chalked out agenda for the meetups. The way the Mumbai people had planned everything, is the right approach to go for it. There should be that fun and excitement factor in a meetup.

3. Though, sponsorship is going to be difficult for every this and that meetup, there can be backing up on special ocassions or special initiatives. The city Ambassador and the CMs can work things out on this aspect from time to time. Once in a while Dutch, once in a while paid, could be the right mix.

4. The meetups, even if not financially backed up, should have official look to them. Just as discussed already with CMs, there can be contests and the winners can be certain pre-decided prizes. In the same manner, we can look forward to similar encouragement like media coverage, certain publicity back up or any such requirement to popularize the events.

View Profile
PM

Posted: 25 August 2010 08:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Fanatic Fan
Total Posts:  14
Joined  07/09/2009

@ allen sports bar is fine, but lets decide on the place depending on how many are gonna turn up. still not decided which match are we watching together the 12th or 19 th or both??

View Profile
PM

Posted: 25 August 2010 08:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Fanatic Fan
Joined  07/09/2009

We need to still check on the dates & attendance.. smile

View Profile
PM

Posted: 25 August 2010 09:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Fan
Total Posts:  68
Joined  26/09/2009

@allen: if we can get RCB to have a screening of the RCB matches at UB city, it would be great! A couple of IPL nights parties were held there, and they rocked. I wish we could get to them to do this as a fan initiative.

View Profile
PM

Posted: 25 August 2010 10:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Fanatic Fan
Joined  07/09/2009

I would love if we can get to do that.. But let’s see.. smile smile

View Profile
PM

Posted: 25 August 2010 06:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Fan
RCBIS4REAL
Total Posts:  5
Joined  28/09/2009

plz have a meet up in kolkata…...plz…......

View Profile
PM

Posted: 25 August 2010 07:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Fan
Total Posts:  29
Joined  18/09/2009

HI THIS IS GREECU.I AM LOOKING TO HAVE A MEET UP IN KOLKATA AT ST.XAVIERS COLLEGE.WHAT DO YOU SAY.I AM ON TALKS WITH NATSHA.

View Profile
PM

Posted: 25 August 2010 09:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Fan
Total Posts:  2
Joined  20/03/2010

@ allen: I agree with radio sandeep ... if screen on UB City its great and we can party with lots of enjoy with winning moments .. so please try to arrange in UB City smile i guess we will get more fans there smile

View Profile
PM

Posted: 25 August 2010 10:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Fanatic Fan
Total Posts:  53
Joined  14/09/2009

I’m sure there is a lot of stuff planned. Lets not depend on RCB doing it for us. Allen why don’t you start taking attendance or votes on how many people don’t mind being in a pub and a cafe coffee day if it works out. If RCB does it, I’m sure everyone will want to come, and there will only be a limited crowd permission.. Who goes, and who doesn’t will be another controversy, so just lets stick to the fans organizing…!

Kunal

View Profile
PM

Posted: 25 August 2010 10:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Fanatic Fan
Total Posts:  8
Joined  07/09/2009

Good to see your efforts Alen. It would be great to meet again after a while.

View Profile
PM

Posted: 26 August 2010 01:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Fanatic Fan
Joined  07/09/2009

I’m Sure Natasha & Nidhi would help you out if you are planning a Meet Up in Kolkata smile

And regarding the Screening of the match, we need to talk to CM’s & check about it. Screening at UB city would need a big Financial Help from UB group to organize that.

@Kunal, That seems to be good idea taking a vote on where the meet up gonna be held… Cafe or Pub.. But mostly as per my knowledge they would be ok with anything as long they can get to watch a Match together.. smile

View Profile
PM

Posted: 26 August 2010 02:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Fanatic Fan
Total Posts:  167
Joined  22/01/2010

btw allen. what do u people do after u meet?  discuss what?

View Profile
PM

Posted: 26 August 2010 02:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Fanatic Fan
Joined  07/09/2009

Talk about RCB, things we can do to get more fans.. Games, Beer, Coffee.. Contest happening ..

View Profile
PM

Posted: 26 August 2010 04:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Fanatic Fan
Disha-Shetty1
Total Posts:  1
Joined  11/02/2010

@holmes- I guess you’re from Bombay. Have a look about what we did at the mumbai meet recently.
http://www.royalchallengers.com/fan-club/mallya-juniorawareness-drive-inside-rcb-dope-the-mumbai-meetup-had-it-all/

Let me know if you’d want to attend the next RCB meet here.

View Profile
PM

Posted: 26 August 2010 05:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Fanatic Fan
Total Posts:  167
Joined  22/01/2010

I m from mumbai. Ya, i had seen that link. I cant promise u anything about me comming. I m got tough C.A exams n training ahed. Its unlikely i will be attending. Btw, i mean if so many fans njoy meet ups n contests, y arent they as interested in being active on the site here?

View Profile
PM

Posted: 26 August 2010 09:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Fanatic Fan
Total Posts:  49
Joined  07/09/2009

Well watching a match at a sports bar on 12th of september. Its a great idea.. smile Lets make it.. Lets ask the sports bar ppl for some discount.

View Profile
PM

Posted: 26 August 2010 10:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Fanatic Fan
Total Posts:  3
Joined  03/03/2010

Great idea guys ...
it will be amazing .... a beer and a weekend match ...
its gonna be late nite i guess… truly fantastic, this is wat happens in uk during the premiere leagues,
lets rock !!!!
count me in !!!!!
RCB rocks man !!!!!

View Profile
PM

1 of 2
Fast Reply