Apycom jQuery Menus
-

Repaid with added interest?
Posted: 28 December 2009 01:11 PM   [ Ignore ]
Fan
Total Posts:  11
Joined  16/09/2009

Virat has finally crossed the first hurdle and I cannot even begin to tell how relieved I am!! Ya, more than him may be. Especially since I have fighting with all my friends about how talented this guy is and how he has shown time and again in domestic and other India A matches that he has what it takes to do well in the international arena.

Virat Kohli not only scored his Maiden ODI hundred but did so in a winning cause and that too while chasing. When India were 2 down for 30 something not many would have given India a chance to win and overhaul a 300 plus target. Especially since Tendulkar and Sehwag both were back in the hut.

Gambhir who earlier was playing second fiddle to Kohli stole the limelight in the end but did not fail to acknowledge his partner at the presentation ceremony and that I thought was a very sweet gesture on Gambhir’s part.

Youngsters like him need all the encouragement they can and this innings will keep him in good stead for upcoming series against RSA and Aus.
I know its still too early but what do you guys feel? Has he shown enough for the selectors to keep him in the squad and give him more chances?

I definitely feel so and my faith has only been enhanced by a few words from Sehwag calling Kohli ‘A truly special batsman’....

View Profile
PM

Posted: 09 January 2010 11:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Fan
Total Posts:  11
Joined  16/09/2009

Kohli! Kohli! Kohli!!!

Alright, the world may not be chanting his name yet but I am certainly over the moon. I cannot even start describing how happy I am to see Virat do well in the international arena. For someone who has been following him since his Under-19 days, it is such a relief to see Virat put a lid on the lips of all his detractors.

His herculean effort in the Kokata victory and that mature innings at Mirpur have certainly put to rest some doubts that people had of having not having the temperament and him going down the Rohit Sharma lane.

Luckily for him and India he has shown great spirit and maturity in playing both the innings and it seems that we have found another potential match winner in Kohli. India certainly seemed to have been lacking quality players in the middle order and has been looking for one especially since Rahul Dravid has been shown the door. Dravid brought the solidity to the middle order that none in the present generation seem to possess. We have seen a lot of stroke makers but not one middle order batsman that gives us the feeling of having the capabilities of handling any pressure in any match against any opposition.

Agreed, it has happened over a period of time but then again, do we see any person who looks like filling his shoes? For long people argued that Badrinath was the apt replacement but we are yet to see the selectors give him one full series to prove his mettle.

But as of now, we can very proudly say that Virat seems to have grown as a batsman and we our proud to have him in RCB! As I read in an article today on Cricinfo.com about how Ray Jennings said that this guy had tremendous potential and only if he would tighten up his game he is destined to achieve great laurels….Ray would be happy to know that his lad is doing the country and RCB proud!!!

Long live RCB and long live Virat Kohli!!!! Hip Hip Hurray!!

View Profile
PM

Posted: 19 May 2011 05:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Fan
Elisha
Total Posts:  91
Joined  04/04/2011

I’m also a big fan of him and I can understand your feelings.

View Profile
PM

Posted: 19 May 2011 05:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Fan
Elisha
Total Posts:  91
Joined  04/04/2011

He has a long way to go. I knew he would b one of the bests ever since the day he brought the U-19 cup home. He has a special aura around him that makes him stand out from the rest! It’s good to know that there is someone else out there who has been following his career since a very long time.

View Profile
PM

Posted: 20 September 2012 11:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Fan
Total Posts:  2042
Joined  18/08/2011

well explained

View Profile
PM

Posted: 06 July 2013 11:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Fan
Total Posts:  2042