-

1 of 2
Rahul Dravid’s poor show in Bangalore
Posted: 11 October 2010 01:58 AM   [ Ignore ]
Fanatic Fan
maddydravid
Total Posts:  299
Joined  14/09/2009

The “GREAT WALL OF INDIA”,Rahul Dravid has yet again shown a poor performance in Chinnaswamy Stadium,Bangalore.The man with more than 11,000 runs under his belt and an average of 53 averages just over 20 in his home ground.This is a black day for cricket.Two IPL teams contract terminated,Dravid continues his very poor show in bangalore.This is the 6th time our dravid has been dismissed by a left arm seamer this season.Nothing going correct.But i still say and will forever say.Rahul Dravid is the best.Sachin Tendulkar and others are a no comparison to him,he just outshows all.DRAVID ROCKS!!!His lean patch will be over soon.C’mon Dravidians cheer for our GOD!!!

View Profile
PM

Posted: 11 October 2010 03:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Fan
Total Posts:  97
Joined  06/09/2009

I hope, RD will catch the form soon.
we are going to face SA in SA.
RD is soooo imp. in that series, where there will be more bounce and movement in the air for faster bowlers.

View Profile
PM

Posted: 11 October 2010 03:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Fanatic Fan
Total Posts:  167
Joined  22/01/2010

woh! imagine any bowler telling som1 in India ‘the player known as WALL here is being my bunny’. i m loosing patience over his place in the sqaud now. bearing a home series against SRI, he has been among the worst bastmmen over more than 2 yrs. how long do u retain a player who has had a bad form for so long just becoz of his overall status?  i actualy hoped he would help us with the mohali win as it would have brough back so much shine n honour fr him. too sad to see a player serving more than 14 yrs for the country not earning enuf respect at his end yrs. but its very unfair n unbias to the youngsters if dravid stays in the team after more than another series unless he does somthing matchwinning or 1-2 ceturies. just 50 here n there is too ordinary… Badrinath, Pujara Vijay etc must be wondering what more they hav to do to be in the test team when here a batsman, however legendary he mayb, is maintaining his place even with bad form for so long. they wouldnt have been givn even half as many chances as he has RD has got to still be in the test 11

View Profile
PM

Posted: 11 October 2010 04:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Fan
Shravvan
Total Posts:  1
Joined  08/10/2010

Common Rd, its high time you come back to form. Hope you’l be back in the 2nd innings.

View Profile
PM

Posted: 11 October 2010 05:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Fanatic Fan
maddydravid
Joined  14/09/2009

@Holmes:Just one correction,Dravid has never got his needed respect at any time in his career.He is a selfless person who gets unnoticed.:(

View Profile
PM

Posted: 11 October 2010 07:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Fanatic Fan
Joined  22/01/2010

no like that. dravid was a huge name till 2006 atleast, still is very much. if u hav doubt over dravid not being liked as much as he deserves, u shud hav been on cricinfo n followed the selection n coments when india’s all time 11 was chosen. u cud see easily more than 90% out of sooo many people included dravid in there all time 11. Not just comon people votes, a jury on 38 experts was chosen to select 10 best cricketers on the decade n its a great intenational honour to be part of it. http://www.cricinfo.com/decadereview2009/content/current/story/443957.html  (make this link part of ur dravid site if u like) he has certainly got gr8 love n affection. but not more than Sachin. well, thats simply becoz he has a better record in so many terms compared to dravid especially ODIs. respect less than sachin, doesnt mean underserved respect.
now the worry is that he doesnt remain out of form for so long that people n selectors believe he is not needed. thts sounds most disrespectful.

View Profile
PM

Posted: 11 October 2010 07:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Fanatic Fan
maddydravid
Joined  14/09/2009

Holmes just last few series of Rahul Dravid man.Hope he scores 2 or 3 hundreds,after he retires is it ever possible to see Dravid bat live again…:(:(:(
Just the same case,Gavaskar had all the records in his kitty,but well Vishwanath was a better player,same case with Sachin and Dravid.Mumbaikars have the special luck that no other have.For some people Sachin is better,for some Dravid is better,some say both are waste,MSD rox and stuufs….lolzzz.Each ones view differ.All the players who play at that level are great man.GAnguly had a horrible end to his ODI career just like Dravid has.In tests too DADA got out for 0 in his last innings,does it mean he is useless?No man.DADA rocks forever.Let raina or yuvi come but can you get ganguly?NO.same case with sachin,dravid,laxman and may be i can even include sehwag there.

View Profile
PM

Posted: 11 October 2010 08:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Fanatic Fan
Joined  22/01/2010

now even if in next few series that he will play, even if he scores very less, it no way means his contribution to indian cricket should be doubted. but just psycologically, i always like that thos who do so much for the game should sign off in style n make people feel happy with his last few innings. it shud feel that 1 will miss this gr8 man now that he will be retiring. bt if he keeps being so poor till he retires, it gives a impression in many comon minds that its bettr that he finally retired as he has lost his abilities at this level n now deserves to play no more. even in his last inning, he is out for 0, its fine. but in recent time b4 that, he shud hav played some good knocks or won matches. if he keeps being poor for long n even till final inning, then its too saddening.

View Profile
PM

Posted: 11 October 2010 09:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Fanatic Fan
maddydravid
Joined  14/09/2009

RCB retain list does not incude Dravid.Bye bye Dravid.:(:(:(

View Profile
PM

Posted: 11 October 2010 09:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Fan
Joined  16/03/2010

well he’d play well his shots looks gud but just tht ball wide of off stump is causin some probs .......hope he’d sort it out with zaheer constantly bowling to him ....and as i read ant sanjay manjerekar’s interview he said it’s all just abt a mind i mean dravid looks anxious to score runs might be the t20 aftereffects or just trying extra hard to get those imp runs…....
and can’t say tht after 2006 he hasn’t played well and even in tht last 2 yrs i mean last yrhe played well against sl and bangladesh in test till he got injured .....hope he could have played tht test against sa…...but yeah last series in sl was complete flop but in this series he’s lookin better 77 was not bad for a man who was strugglin bet he’s come within runs hopefully .......next series against new zealand would be crucial dravid has a gr8 record against the black caps..one of the batsmen they fear too so lets see hope he gets a gud score in the 2nd innings as well if india plays…..bet he’d come to form

View Profile
PM

Posted: 11 October 2010 09:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Fan
Joined  16/03/2010

maddy who told u abt the retain list eh ?? auctions way too far lol raspberry cummon u bein too negative i suppose

View Profile
PM

Posted: 11 October 2010 10:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Fan
Joined  16/03/2010

this is a gud blog source : orkut rd community not mine
but a gud read abt rd
http://day2dayrg.wordpress.com/2010/10/10/dont-expect-heroics-just-a-fairytale/

View Profile
PM

Posted: 12 October 2010 05:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Fan
Joined  06/09/2009

@maddy- who told you about retention list mate?

View Profile
PM

Posted: 12 October 2010 06:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Fan
Jammy103
Total Posts:  12
Joined  14/05/2010

I think a little too much is being made about Dravid’s form in the last two years. Since 2009 India has played five test series. Dravid has played in four of them since he had a broken jaw. Dravid made 314 runs in three matches against NZ averaging 63 for the series. He scored four 50s, although two of them should have probably been 100s. Against Sri Lanka, he scored 433 runs in 3 matches averaging 108 runs for the series. Two 100s and one 50. Against Bangladesh, he scored 139 runs from two matches averaging 70. He was on 111* before getting injured. He didn’t play against SA. He failed in the recent SL series and a century in the current Aus series will probably put him on the good side of most people.

I personally think he should take a little break from cricket and avoid the next series against NZ. In this period he should work on his little problem with the ball angling away and play some domestic cricket. He should be back for the tour of SA. Hopefully he’ll continue to play for a couple more years where India tour Australia, England and the Caribbean. Afterall, he is the MVP for India when they play out of the sub-continent.

View Profile
PM

Posted: 12 October 2010 09:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Fan
Joined  16/03/2010

i agree but he shouldn’t take a break he needs to sort it out in the time he got cos now hes playing only one format for the next 6-7 months so he’d have to work on it durin series breaks and againt nz he has a gr8 record everytime so he has to play the next series .......and got to play well and i agree he has been playin well every series before this but ppl tend to forget it .........just one last series against sl was a lil failure rest everything r over par performances

View Profile
PM

Posted: 12 October 2010 11:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Fanatic Fan
Total Posts:  162
Joined  21/09/2009

@jammy:He has very short time and once he takes break then it will be considered as retirement:(

View Profile
PM

Posted: 13 October 2010 04:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Fanatic Fan
maddydravid
Joined  14/09/2009

Jammy he has a trashing record against NEW ZELAND,even in his sleep Kiwis will fear from Dravid.No break.Aldrady RD is playing only one format at that level,and we have only two to three test series per year,but that Sachin is being given chance in ODI s and he is in top form,but just imagine what ever may be the class of a person,just two days of net practice wont make him score millions of runs.So if he is not scoring runs that often no one can complain [[DELETED BY MODERATOR]]

View Profile
PM

Posted: 13 October 2010 05:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Fan
Joined  06/09/2009

RD is chasing the deliveries outside off stump.
previously, He used to leave them alone.
May be the T20 effect.
Once he middles them, There will be no problems for him.

View Profile
PM

Posted: 13 October 2010 07:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Fanatic Fan
Joined  22/01/2010

what? sachin is given a chance in Odis? ‘chance’? i mean who can every doubt his deserving place in Odis? N dravid isnt in odis bcoz he was in very poor form. as simple as that. sachin is playing becoz he is still going strong. agin very simple. its not that dravid doesnt picks up th bat anytime b4 th practice for next test series. he just came from a CL. he plays in local matches.  if sachin wasnt in Odis n dravid was, n if sachin wud scored runs in tests n not dravid, u will come up with reason that dravid did not score in tests becoz he had odi, t20 fatigue isnt it? sachin playng odis, t20 n inspite of that after 20 yrs going strong in all 3 formats, is itself a HUUUGGEEE achievement.  clear sign he is a ahed in terms on calibre than dravid.
@dayaker- well if he middles, thn its obvious no basman will ever hav problms. n wide deliveries r also opportunities to score of drives n cuts. if he stops playing shots outside th stupms, its hell! opposition can easily build pressure with so many dot balls.

View Profile
PM

Posted: 14 October 2010 08:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Fan
Joined  16/03/2010

look guys why don’t u both have a healthy discussion rather than criticising both indian legends…......maddy don’t criticise sachin he’s a gr8 and he’s proved it too…and holmes pls don’t do the same to dravid…......u guys can hve a gud debate abt it but criticising both top class players comeon tht’s way over the top…...both r gud in their own ways..both have done extremely well in all formats of the game…...and mainly they have adjusted to all formats tht’s the best thing…..look in the end we all support india and cricket so respect both cricketers who have dones loads n loads together or individually for india…...pls stop this lame insult against dravid n sachin…

View Profile
PM

Posted: 15 October 2010 03:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Fan
dravidyuva
Total Posts:  25
Joined  10/03/2010

Dravid will do better against NZ. No one is equal to him. He is a legend

View Profile
PM

1 of 2
Fast Reply