-

1 of 2
Sweet 21
Posted: 14 October 2010 05:48 AM   [ Ignore ]
Fanatic Fan
maddydravid
Total Posts:  299
Joined  14/09/2009

The great WALL of INDIA was struggling to find form in this series and managed a sparkling 77 alone.It seemed like the door had been built in front of this wall,but the door which was guarded by few fanatic fans and the selection commitee was broken and shattered by THE GOD,THE WALL,THE GENTLEMAN-R.S.DRAVID.He managed to score an unbeaten 21 of 53 deliveries with two terrific boundaries and the way the WALL started driving Hauritz for a confident cover drive.Not a single bad shot,all were sweetly timed,i felt like eating sweet balls when i heard that sweet sound from RD’s willow.He was literally ooozing with confidence.Had he been doing this in the first innings even 300 was possible. [[MODERATED FOR SENSITIVE SUBJECT]] .JAI HO DRAVID
DRAVID DRAVID DRAVID…................C’MON MAN YOU ARE THE GOD.

DRAVID FOR LIFE!!!

View Profile
PM

Posted: 14 October 2010 06:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Fanatic Fan
Total Posts:  167
Joined  22/01/2010

haha! so u will b posting even threds like ‘dravid hit a good shot’ ‘dravid ran 3 quick runs’ ? 21 of 53 is what any rokkie could do. what so much to be proud about that. his position sent below is a sign of concern over his place in team. what Pujara scored his 70 in brisk way was truly class! hardy seemed he played his 1st match. its worth pride if dravid scores when team realy needs it. hauritiz is a avg bowler. what so gr8 if runs scored of him. selectors have built a door for sure. dravid hasnt shown any bit of breaking free of it. neither does it seem he will becoz th youngsters r very good n deserving of a chance in the squad. he had ipls, cl to show back his worth in shorter formats. chance gone.

View Profile
PM

Posted: 14 October 2010 07:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Fan
Total Posts:  97
Joined  16/03/2010

arre holmes let him speak na why do u wanna criticse everything he says i mean comeon u have ur opinion we respect it so respect his opinion too na…...he’s sharin his happiness tht’s all smile
so i dunno wht ur opinion is abt dravid but if he wants to spk let him and he played pretty confident today as well…...left balls wide of offstump…...tht’s a gud sign played with confidence tht’s imp he was kept late i guess cos of tht reverse swing which could come at the last session….dhoni yet has to play well he’s short of form in all formats if u see…......needs to work a lot hard on his batting…...meanwhile dravid’s doin a gud job now the next series is against nz…...lets all hope he continues this confidence into the next series smile

View Profile
PM

Posted: 14 October 2010 08:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Fanatic Fan
maddydravid
Joined  14/09/2009

[[MODERATED]]

View Profile
PM

Posted: 14 October 2010 08:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Fanatic Fan
Joined  22/01/2010

[[DELETED BY MODERATOR]]

View Profile
PM

Posted: 14 October 2010 09:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Fanatic Fan
maddydravid
Joined  14/09/2009

[[DELETED BY MODERATOR]]

View Profile
PM

Posted: 14 October 2010 07:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Fanatic Fan
Joined  22/01/2010

the problm u do is compare him greater than others without any resonging to it. no convincing info to show.[[DELETED BY MODERATOR]] the false comparions without resoning n provokative words to me is the problm!

View Profile
PM

Posted: 15 October 2010 12:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Fanatic Fan
Total Posts:  162
Joined  21/09/2009

[[MODERATED]] Youngsters deserves it but don’t forget that australian board forced gilli,hayden to retire and as a result their much talented young side resulted in 5th spot in test rankings and these young guns can score faster but cannot retain the place:)Moreover the reason why they sent pujara up the order means they want to finish the game much faster before third session as the ball will swing much and it may create problems for us.During our innings start they told raina will come after pujara but if raina get out then again it will be trouble for us and so they sent sachin in and moreover dravid was in his worst form two years earlier,even though they never moved him down and yesterday also the same case.

View Profile
PM

Posted: 15 October 2010 02:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Fan
Joined  06/09/2009

[[DELETED BY MODERATOR]]

View Profile
PM

Posted: 15 October 2010 05:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Fanatic Fan
maddydravid
Joined  14/09/2009

haha lolzzz.

View Profile
PM

Posted: 15 October 2010 06:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Fanatic Fan
Joined  22/01/2010

[[DELETED BY MODERATOR]] well at 1 time even dravid was a youngster only. he got the chance n thats y he is what he is 2day. did u predicted dravid will be what he is 14 yrs back? pujara n vijay were excellent in the match. how can u say they cannot retain the place even b4 they r given that much chance? n about scoring fast, well thats what its needed now for test matches. becoz fast scoring helps getting more results!

[[DELETED BY MODERATOR]]

View Profile
PM

Posted: 15 October 2010 07:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Fan
Joined  06/09/2009

[[DELETED BY MODERATOR]]

View Profile
PM

Posted: 15 October 2010 09:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Administrator
Fan
Total Posts:  100
Joined  10/09/2009

ALRIGHT PEOPLE. CALM DOWN.

Notice how I have had to moderate everyone’s comments and deleted 2 comments as well. I’m not going to issue warnings right now. But one more personal attack and you will be banned for 1 week.

The community is large enough for both points of views. I don’t think this discussion is anti-Dravid. It criticizes Dravid. There is a difference. I’m not taking any sides. I’m unhappy that all parties here have referred to ‘the fans who are on their side’. We’re all ONE community. The players don’t fight like this amongst themselves, they work together. Sportsmanship. Spirit. There is a way to debate a point while upholding this Spirit. Stray away from personal comments. Stick to the argument. And do give each other a bit of breathing space. Sometimes it’s OKAY to disagree.

View Profile
PM

Posted: 15 October 2010 09:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Fanatic Fan
maddydravid
Joined  14/09/2009

Thanks Nidhi.Sorry for the trouble.SORRY HOLMES.:(:(:(:(:(:(:(.

View Profile
PM

Posted: 15 October 2010 10:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Fanatic Fan
Total Posts:  162
Joined  21/09/2009

But when dravid came as a youngster the team had some seniors like azar,jadeja and sachin too…But when pujara comes then seniors has to move and as a result it will be a young team.

View Profile
PM

Posted: 15 October 2010 04:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Fan
Joined  06/09/2009

Ok. nidhi.
I will stop it right now.
Sorry for the trouble.

View Profile
PM

Posted: 15 October 2010 06:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Fanatic Fan
Joined  22/01/2010

dravia- pujara wont be replacing ‘seniorS’. just 1 senior. i do not say he shud replace dravid. he shud replace even sachin or laxman if they do not perform. say he replaces dravid. th team still has sehwag, sachin,laxman. well, at some time or other thr will hav to be made replacements. u cant permanantly avoid that! so y not anytime soon becoz the youngsters r being very impresive.
Good work Niddhi, fair justice.

View Profile
PM

Posted: 16 October 2010 03:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Fan
Joined  16/03/2010

lol told u guys to have a fair discussion raspberry lol gud job cm

View Profile
PM

Posted: 19 October 2010 06:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Fanatic Fan
Total Posts:  98
Joined  12/10/2009

@ Holmes and MaddyDravid :

Dravid has been a class act all these years but the hard fact is that he is not growing any younger. We must accept this fact that there has been a little decline in his performance graph. Fall all 10 wickets, Dravid will be the one to remain not out, that’s the confidence we had in him. Unfortunately, the same cannot be said looking at Dravid’s current form. But that does not mean that Dravid’s career has come to an end. He still has lot to offer and the one who can rightly predict when Dravid should quit is Dravid himself. Players like Sachin, Dravid, Kumble are respected not only by Indians but opposition as well.That is because of their integrity and commitment to the game. So we can never question Dravid’s integrity. Whenever he feels that he has no more to offer to the Indian cricket, believe me, he will quit by himself. He would never hold on to his place just to grab a spot which otherwise should go to any youngster.

Coming to Dravid-Pujara debate, I am of strong opinion that Pujara is the right person to grab number 3 spot whenever Dravid quits.

Holmes somewhere above mentioned that Pujara sent ahead of Dravid in Bangalore Test was a matter of concern. I would prefer to call it a strategy. There was not a wicket to fall during the first session during the first three days of Bangalore test. It was easier to score runs when the ball was new and tough. For someone making his debut, you would not want him to come at number 5 in the fourth innings and on top of that, have a target to win as well. That would have been asking too much from the young lad. So the best option was to send him at number 3 if the opening wicket falls early. Practically it was a moment when Pujara would have had least pressure on him because of assurance that Sachin, Dravid , Raina and Dhoni are yet to bat, even if he falls early.

View Profile
PM

Posted: 19 October 2010 11:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Fan
Joined  16/03/2010

abt pujara well he’s a gud choice been playing well in domestic too but pls wait…..don’t put too much expectations and pressure on the young boy…..i mean he’s only comin up wiht only one match under his belt…...so yeah lets wait and hope he’s becomes our gr8 future….

View Profile
PM

Posted: 19 October 2010 06:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Fan
Total Posts:  46
Joined  17/10/2010

Pujara or Rehane
One of them will play at No.3 after dravid.
Both of them are playing excellently well for past 2-3 years.

View Profile
PM

1 of 2
Fast Reply