Apycom jQuery Menus
-

1 of 3
WAll stands Tall:)
Posted: 05 November 2010 04:11 AM   [ Ignore ]
Fanatic Fan
Total Posts:  162
Joined  21/09/2009

Wow what an innings…Not even a single bad stroke and the way rahul played clearly showed some message…He wants to slam his critics and at last he won that…Nobody is again going to speak about his retirement and also no way to blame him:)

View Profile
PM

Posted: 05 November 2010 04:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Fan
Total Posts:  56
Joined  22/01/2010

i had said to my brother b4 match that if Dravid comes in to bat after Gambhir n Sehwag has scored more than 20, Dravid wil find form raspberry his 1st 30 runs were like how tailenders wud play but he improved sooo very much later.  i dont see this a great inngs. its a good inngs.  Its more than a sigh of relief than a proud thing.  thr was nothng so testing from the NZ so he had 2 b scoring now atleast. Bow to Sehwag! yet another smashing knock not only to put India in command, but it indirectly very much helped dravid to find his touch…

View Profile
PM

Posted: 05 November 2010 07:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Fanatic Fan
maddydravid
Total Posts:  299
Joined  14/09/2009

@tEJAS:oK dude….i have a doubt….IF DRAVID FAILS YOU SAY HE IS UNFIT,IF HE HITS YOU INVENT SOME OTHER REASON TO SAY THAT THE INNINGS WAS JUST OK….I really dont understand…..

View Profile
PM

Posted: 05 November 2010 08:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Fanatic Fan
Total Posts:  167
Joined  22/01/2010

it wasnt in anyway a flowing innings.  he wasnt even comfortably rotating strike in his 1st 25 runs. his last 50 runs then came better like his old times. So overall, its just a good innings worth getting confidence.  it was so much dependant tht Sehwag was smashing at other end n so his struggle was affordable.

View Profile
PM

Posted: 05 November 2010 09:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Fanatic Fan
maddydravid
Joined  14/09/2009

Cricket is a team game tejas and if a player like Dravid is struggling,it is the duty of a player like Sehwag to keep the score card ticking…this isnt anything new and to be praise about…

View Profile
PM

Posted: 05 November 2010 06:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Fan
Joined  22/01/2010

of course its worth praise! big big praise for Sehwag!  when India loose early wickets, its job of dravid coming next to take India to a safe position. Its his duty. it is what he shud be doing. when he does that, u dont praise it or what!!??  how come doing the duty succesfully not be considered worth praising!!!

View Profile
PM

Posted: 05 November 2010 07:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Fanatic Fan
maddydravid
Joined  14/09/2009

I am a fan of Dravid,you are not a fan of any cricketer,you told this in one of my posts….Anyways leave it….lets not spam this guys thread.Bye.

View Profile
PM

Posted: 05 November 2010 07:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Fan
Joined  22/01/2010

i said i m not a crazy fanatic fan of any! it helps me not being bias.

View Profile
PM

Posted: 05 November 2010 09:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Fanatic Fan
maddydravid
Joined  14/09/2009

OKay.Btw,strike matters the most??Then i guess 45.81 from an out of form batsman is much better than 30.07 from a batsman in golden touch.raspberry

View Profile
PM

Posted: 05 November 2010 10:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Fan
Joined  22/01/2010

not interested in such petty narrow matters. when did this logic of urs go thru out the year when Sachin was dominant n Dravid struggled eh?

View Profile
PM

Posted: 05 November 2010 10:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Fanatic Fan
maddydravid
Joined  14/09/2009

Hello mate when Sachin was undergoing a lean patch his averages were similar to what Dravid has during his lean patch.2010 Sachin has played like a master,no doubt.No one can ever question Sachin’s game.But when Dravid is in a lean patch all you people say he should make way for youngsters,why dint you say Sachin should make way for youngsters when he was undergoing a lean patch?
Anyways,the wait is over,THE WALL IS BACK!!!!Its tough time for every test cricketer from now on,THE WALL WHICH WAS LOOKING WEAK HAS BEEN REBUILT USING HIGH QUALITY CEMENT AND NOW IT IS STRONGER THAN BEFORE.SACHIN IS HAVING A GOLDEN 2010.DRAVID WILL HAVE A GOLDEN CAREER TILL HE ENDS….THE WALL IS BACK GUYS!!!!!TEST CRICKETERS BEWARE!!!!!I am not comparing anyone here,THERE IS NO DESCRIMINATION BETWEEN SACHIN AND DRAVID,BOTH ARE LEGENDS,SOME PEOPLE LIKE SACHIN,SOME PEOPLE LIKE DRAVID.WE DRAVIDIANS WILL STAY QUIET AND CALM LIKE OUR HERO,BUT ANYTHING WRONG ABOUT DRAVID IS SAID BY ANYONE WE WILL RETALIATE BACK,NOT WITH STATISTICS AND WORDS,BUT OUR HERO WILL RETALIATE YOU GUYS BACK WITH HIS BAT!!!!

View Profile
PM

Posted: 05 November 2010 10:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Fanatic Fan
Joined  21/09/2009

Excuse me holmes sehwag has been given 4 odd chances to cross 160 and this is nat a thing to praise but dravid scored 130 balls 25 and then 104 in 227 balls which means he improved and he can score faster:)

View Profile
PM

Posted: 05 November 2010 10:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Fanatic Fan
maddydravid
Joined  14/09/2009

He was short of runs and confidence mate,nothing else,RD used this poor NZ attack just like an open net practice and he made him ready for the challenging SA tour.But RD is back!!!!!

View Profile
PM

Posted: 05 November 2010 10:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Fanatic Fan
Joined  21/09/2009

DAi maddy our Wall is back and still as u said We will be like our heroes where we will be calm either he scores 200 or duck:)He is back and hope atleast another 2 centuries in this series:)

View Profile
PM

Posted: 05 November 2010 11:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Fan
Joined  22/01/2010

Sachin didnt hav a lean patch for soooo long! dravid has been below par since 2007-08. N dravid patch has come when he crosed 35 n so at that age of a cricketer, it always likely to think about replacements. if savchin had a lean patch from now onwards for 3-4 series, even his replacements will be talked…
dravia-even dravid mistimed so many balls. even he got a life when keeper dropped him. such things r part of the game. there is too many more positives to talk about sehwag’s innings then the faults. I know dravid can play faster. so thats how he shud be playing then

View Profile
PM

Posted: 05 November 2010 11:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Fanatic Fan
maddydravid
Joined  14/09/2009

@Holmes:He has been out of sorts and he wanted to gain confidence so he played it slowly and solidly.Once he was set,he scored at a very quick rate.And in 2009,RD had a great purple patch.

View Profile
PM

Posted: 06 November 2010 01:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Fan
Jammy103
Total Posts:  12
Joined  14/05/2010

C’mon people, this thread is only for Dravid and his innings!

Maddydravid and Tejas-Gholba if you want to compare Sehwag, Tendulkar, SRs, lean patches etc, you might as well start a new thread.

Anyway, much more of a “traditional” 100 from Dravid. I really appreciate this innings. If you want an example of patience and temperament, then look no further than Dravid and this innings. I’m sure that most batsmen would have been frustrated and would thrown their wicket away after scoring 20 from 100 balls, but Dravid gave himself a chance and converted it into a century with some quick scoring later on.

View Profile
PM

Posted: 06 November 2010 06:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Fanatic Fan
Joined  21/09/2009

But sehwag himself gave up wen he was 36 and the ball carried to patel and do u think it as a positive and after his 100 the intention of sehwag was very clear that he got 100 and no need for the concentrated game and he played carelessly:)

View Profile
PM

Posted: 06 November 2010 08:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Fan
Joined  22/01/2010

I wrote yestrday dravid’s innings wasnt realy good. it was good for getting back the confidence. N sehwag was played a smashing innings. 2day morning i read times of India that reports also mentioned the same things. columns of gavaskar, manjrekar harsha bhoghle n yestrday aftr match on neo sport even amarnath have said the same thing tht dravid’s innings wer not convincingly good as he used to play while Sehwag played a superb innings. Now thats of much more satisfaction to me then ur claims of me being wrong. U r being totaly bias towards dravid n somehow want his innings to be of more greatness than Sehwag’s…

View Profile
PM

Posted: 06 November 2010 07:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Fanatic Fan
maddydravid
Joined  14/09/2009

WE LOVE DRAVID,even if he scores 50 and when other player gets 100,we would love to talk only about the 50.Keep that we are biased to Dravid,so there is no use to fight with us Tejas,we will never accept bad things about RD.So it stops here.Bye.

View Profile
PM

Posted: 06 November 2010 07:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Fan
Joined  22/01/2010

then y not talk about him only then?! be happy he scored a 100 n got back his confidence. was thr any need for u or dravia here to be mentioning about the lesser-scored Sachin or some how show Sehwag’s knock to be poor?! but u want to talk! so if i ans to it, its me at fault? if u r putting any blames against me, see to it the same things doesnt applies to u as well!

View Profile
PM

1 of 3
Fast Reply