Apycom jQuery Menus
-

1 of 4
whats ur verdict on Dravid’s form?
Posted: 16 November 2010 09:20 AM   [ Ignore ]
Fan
Total Posts:  56
Joined  22/01/2010

With so many of his big fans here, how do u believe he has been playing in this current NZ series?  My view is he is below par… and he needs to change is game…

View Profile
PM

Posted: 16 November 2010 09:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Fanatic Fan
maddydravid
Total Posts:  299
Joined  14/09/2009

Welcome back Holmes.
Rahul Dravid has been playing an average cricket here.He is not playing in the class he should,he should give respect to good balls and ill treat bad balls,giving respect to bad balls isnt a very great idea.Those days have changed,jammy also needs to speed up a bit,he is playing too slowly,he may pick up after facing 100 balls but that is not acceptable in the present generation.By playing slowly,he is putting immense pressure on the non striker and he is infact harming his own chances(if there are any),to make a comeback for 2011 World Cup.He is playing just average cricket i would say,but with his performance in SA only one can judge if he is really back to form or not.
i would rate only 5/10 till now in this series.

View Profile
PM

Posted: 16 November 2010 06:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Fan
Joined  22/01/2010

ya. right.  I wud be swap[ing his place with laxman. doesnt mattr how gud he WAS at 3, but its long now that he is being inconsistent. even if he starts slow, he shud then atleast play a big innings n recover his strk.rate.  From the way he is playing now, rahul dravid is needed only if India wants to save the match. N if he cant be scoring heavy against NZ at home, then SA tour can be disastrous!  I was certain even aftr that 104 he scored, that he hasnt realy got back his touch… he has 3 innings to go in the series. he shud score 1 ton more

View Profile
PM

Posted: 16 November 2010 07:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Fanatic Fan
maddydravid
Total Posts:  299
Joined  14/09/2009

I still wont go with the swapping tejas.Its just that in this series we need to see if he can score at a better strike rate at 3,if he doesnt in SA he should be swapped with VVS.This series is something just like a practice before a crucil tour.

View Profile
PM

Posted: 16 November 2010 08:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Fan
Jammy103
Total Posts:  12
Joined  14/05/2010

Yeah also I believe in swapping Dravid with Laxman for this series.

If not, I hope they give Dravid the license to hit around. It seems as if he feels insecure with his place in the side so he is forced to score runs without risk.

View Profile
PM

Posted: 16 November 2010 09:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Fanatic Fan
Total Posts:  341
Joined  07/09/2009
Tejas-Gholba - 16 November 2010 06:50 PM

ya. right.  I wud be swap[ing his place with laxman. doesnt mattr how gud he WAS at 3, but its long now that he is being inconsistent. even if he starts slow, he shud then atleast play a big innings n recover his strk.rate.  From the way he is playing now, rahul dravid is needed only if India wants to save the match. N if he cant be scoring heavy against NZ at home, then SA tour can be disastrous!  I was certain even aftr that 104 he scored, that he hasnt realy got back his touch… he has 3 innings to go in the series. he shud score 1 ton more

ha ha!
swap dravid for laxman,
if it happens then indian cricket team would have too many problems.
laxman’s strike rate is same as dravid and also laxman is comfortable at 5 and dravid is comfortable at 3.
the one thing that dravid can do is to open the innings with sehwag. both are good partners, and they have opened too many times for india.
RAhul’s opening record is also good. so gautam should at no.3

View Profile
PM

Posted: 16 November 2010 10:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Fan
Joined  22/01/2010

mridul- dravid has playd too less as a opener to realy judge him a good opener. when he opend at flat decks in Pak, he scored. with help of the attacking sehwag to take presure of him as often. when he opend in Aus, he struggld.  ganbhir is comfortabl wt opening n dravid at 3. nw y wudn them swaping not cause problm? If i was gary,  i wud very certainly swap him with laxman if he is not improving in this series. i agree to tht maddy
jammy- agree to that insecure point. thts y it seems he wants to b playing very safe.

View Profile
PM

Posted: 17 November 2010 09:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Fan
Total Posts:  97
Joined  16/03/2010

for me personally his ratings is abt 6-7/10 ........looks confident in his shots..yeah a bit cautious but he’s looking confident with his defensive strokes not playing too many balls outside off stump so happy in tht side now as far runs r concerned well nz did their part in keeping the pressure too among the batsmen some beautiful fielding and their balling was also gud….so overall i’m happy with his performance… smile

View Profile
PM

Posted: 17 November 2010 12:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Fan
Total Posts:  60
Joined  07/09/2009

Dravid played well in first test, but was below par in second , let’s hope he would do well when he plays in South Africa and be consistent. Lets all wish him the very Best!!!!

View Profile
PM

Posted: 18 November 2010 02:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Fan
Total Posts:  46
Joined  17/10/2010

signs of getting into form again.
he is on the way…....

View Profile
PM

Posted: 18 November 2010 09:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Fanatic Fan
Total Posts:  98
Joined  12/10/2009

Not only New Zealand series, but this year he has performed below par the benchmark set by himself only. However I believe South-Africa series will be a true reflection of how the things will be in future. If he succeeds in South-Africa, it will be proved that he still has a lot left in him. However if he doesn’t he should give retirement a thought!

View Profile
PM

Posted: 18 November 2010 11:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Fan
Silentwinner
Total Posts:  16
Joined  24/03/2010

Hey guys! I can’t understand why you people always seem to find a reason or two for pulling Jammy’s legs.He is a great legend of this game.I think he will be the first man on Earth to accept this fact that he is right now not at his best.But the more important thing from team’s perspective is that he is contributing in his own way.His performance hasn’t been too bad.Ya he failed in Srilanka & also in Bangalore Test against Australia.But it happens! He was the highest scorer for India in 2009 in Test Cricket.Now don’t tell me that Laxman has a better technique than Jammy to handle the pace & swing of South African bowlers especially in South Africa.
————MODERATED——————

View Profile
PM

Posted: 19 November 2010 08:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Fan
Total Posts:  3
Joined  25/09/2009

@Silentwinner
I agree with you. And once again…
———MODERATED———-

View Profile
PM

Posted: 23 November 2010 12:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Fan
Total Posts:  97
Joined  16/03/2010

told ya guys he’s looking way better and there’s his gr8 century lets see how he goes on smile yahoo

View Profile
PM

Posted: 23 November 2010 01:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Fan
Jammy103
Total Posts:  12
Joined  14/05/2010

I was proved wrong by Dravid himself and it feels great. Now he has a chance to get two 200s in a match if India decide decide to bat for another hour.

View Profile
PM

Posted: 23 November 2010 04:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Fan
Silentwinner
Total Posts:  16
Joined  24/03/2010

I WOULD LIKE TO CONGRATULATE JAMMY & ALL HIS FANS ON HIS 31st TEST CENTURY.UNFORTUNATELY HE MISSED OUT ON A WELL DESERVED DOUBLE TON TON BUT HE BATTED MAGNIFICENTLY FOR HIS 191.
=========MODERATED=========== YOU PEOPLE SHOULD UNDERSTAND THAT PLAYERS LIKE DRAVID,TENDULKAR,LAXMAN,SEHWAG KNOWS THEIR RESPONSIBILITY.THAT’s WHY THEY ARE REPRESENTING THE COUNTRY AT THIS LEVEL FOR SO LONG.WHEN THEY WILL FEEL THEIR TIME IS UP THEY WILL QUIT THE GAME THEMSELF.YOU DON’T HAVE TO TELL THEM.ONCE AGAIN WELL PLAYED JAMMY & THANKS A LOT FOR REPLYING WITH YOUR BAT.
DRAVID DRAVID DRAVID DRAVID DRAVID DRAVID DRAVID DRAVID DRAVID DRAVID DRAVID DRAVID DRAVID DRAVID DRAVID DRAVID

View Profile
PM

Posted: 23 November 2010 05:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Fan
Total Posts:  46
Joined  17/10/2010

Excellent Innings by RD.
Hatsoff to the great man.

View Profile
PM

Posted: 23 November 2010 05:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Fan
Joined  22/01/2010

———-MODERATED————even if Dravid has got 191 2day, it doesnt proves me wrong anyway about any comment of dravid’s form earlier to this innings! was i saying he will never score big again?!
———-MODERATED———- so much admiration for dravid here from many ppl when he scored 77 or 104 sayng ‘he is back’ ‘silenced critics’  etc etc etc….i contradicted it. N i got critisied by so many.  n in next few innings, he was again playing below par cricket… when did that time this logic go to be ASHAMED or THINK 100000…. times go????  that time u or anyone shud not be feeling ashamed of making wrong judgments eh?! ther is maddydravid, sujansalian, jammy103,  along with me, writing that dravid was below par b4 this innings in this series….. N none shud have any regrets about saying that becoz thats how the fact was that time!! u just play the simple safe game to come out n boast when u get that moment u r waiting. otherwise just hide quietly from critisisms when ur belief is proved wrong…

View Profile
PM

Posted: 23 November 2010 05:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Fan
Joined  22/01/2010

oh btw i didnt actualy see any part of the 3days so far myself, but going by statistics n reports, it is a wonderful knock for sure!

View Profile
PM

Posted: 23 November 2010 06:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Fanatic Fan
Total Posts:  162
Joined  21/09/2009

———MODERATED—————WALL IS BACK:)

View Profile
PM

Posted: 23 November 2010 07:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Fan
Joined  22/01/2010

—-MODERATED——show me any coment where i said he wont come back again!  —-MODERATED——

View Profile
PM

1 of 4
Fast Reply