Apycom jQuery Menus

1 of 2
Players retained by teams for IPL 2011
Posted: 09 December 2010 01:10 PM   [ Ignore ]
Fan
Total Posts:  67
Joined  28/10/2010

Wednesday was the deadline for the franchises to name the players they would retain from their current squads. A media release issued by the BCCI over player retention after the meeting of the IPL GC on September 5 stated: “Up to including four players per franchise may be signed for retention of which only up to three shall be Indian players. The Player must have been included in the franchise’s registered squad for the 2010 season. The franchise and player must mutually agree to be retained and the player fee to be paid by the franchise to the player for the 2011 and 2012 Seasons.

The Retention list for the IPL teams is as followed

1) Royal Challengers Bangalore: Virat Kohli

2) Mumbai Indians: Sachin Tendulkar, Harbhajan Singh, Lasith Malinga, Kieron Pollard

3) Chennai Super kings: Murali Vijay, M.S.Dhoni, Suresh Raina, Albie Morkel

4) Rajasthan Royals: Shane Warne, Shane Watson

5) Delhi Daredevils: Virendra Sehwag

6) Kolkata Knight Riders: No players retained

7) Kings XI Punjab: No players retained

8) Deccan Chargers: No players retained

The player contract will be for a period of two years plus one year right of extension by franchise, as per the decision of the IPL’s governing council.

So the big players up for the grab are stalwarts like Rahul Dravid, Anil Kumble, Sourav Ganguly, Jacques Kallis, young guns like Yuvraj Singh, Gautam Gambhir, Robin Uthappa, Rohit Sharma and international stars like Brendon Mccullum, Ross Taylor, Chris Gayle, Adam Gilchrist, Andrew Symonds, David Warner and other.

View Profile
PM

Posted: 09 December 2010 11:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Fan
lokesh-shetty
Total Posts:  1
Joined  21/08/2010

Pls retain Robin Uthhapa

View Profile
PM

Posted: 10 December 2010 12:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Fan
dravidyuva
Total Posts:  25
Joined  10/03/2010

@Chitan - Is Dravid retained or not?

View Profile
PM

Posted: 10 December 2010 01:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Fan
Total Posts:  67
Joined  28/10/2010

RCB has retained only Virat Kohli.

Rest we will have to wait and watch for auction to see whom are they buying back

View Profile
PM

Posted: 10 December 2010 01:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Fan
Sridhar-Mn
Total Posts:  6
Joined  26/03/2010

Dale Styen PLZ!!!!

View Profile
PM

Posted: 10 December 2010 02:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Fan
GowthamHR
Joined  16/04/2010

This whole RCB Fan club has become Utterly meaningless with just Kohli retained.. with the core base team gone.. where is the question of fan loyalty, building a brand, building a team etc ?

Atleast Half the players should be permanent ofcourse if their form is good.

View Profile
PM

Posted: 10 December 2010 02:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Fan
robin-benny
Joined  10/12/2010

RCB should ‘ve retained rahul anil ross and virat… I guess we’re in a mess now!!!

View Profile
PM

Posted: 10 December 2010 03:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Fan
Jaya-Kb
Total Posts:  8
Joined  05/01/2010

RCB should have retained robin uthappa….who was a hard hitter….we should try getting him back in the auction.

View Profile
PM

Posted: 10 December 2010 05:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Fan
Total Posts:  76
Joined  07/09/2009

RCB should buy DRAVID, JUMBO, PRAVEEN KUMAR, ROBIN UTHAPPA & TAYLOR. excaim  mad

View Profile
PM

Posted: 10 December 2010 06:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Fan
VishuRD
Total Posts:  57
Joined  25/02/2010

As of now Mumbai and Chennai has lost half of its budget but got all of their Core players..

RCB has need to chose their options wisely! Lets see what happens next month by this time.. Hoping for the best for RCB!

View Profile
PM

Posted: 10 December 2010 06:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Fan
VishuRD
Joined  25/02/2010

Sorry for the continuous Double Post!

@ All our RCB Fans

Please don’t think bad about Dravid not being retained.. He will be bought for sure at the auction. Can u Imagine KKR without Dada? I think Dada in Kolkata has more following than Dravid in Bangalore. Its just because of the new rules kept in the auction.. We will get our hero back.

Vijay Mallya is a Business ace of India. He will have his own plans, rather Wise Plans.. So he’s making the best he can. So Don’t worry guys!

View Profile
PM

Posted: 10 December 2010 10:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Fan
Total Posts:  2
Joined  13/03/2010

plzzz retain dravid and ross bcoz dey r beneficial for our team n dey hav more fan following den any oder in the team and dravid perform very well also in T20 format….......so plzzzzzz reatin it….

View Profile
PM

Posted: 10 December 2010 11:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Fan
Total Posts:  3
Joined  25/03/2010

IF no Dravid in RCB. Most people Quit Supporting RCB.
Retain Rahul. RCB where R Stands For RAHUL. all RCBians Plz Support To This….........

View Profile
PM

Posted: 10 December 2010 11:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Fan
Joined  08/02/2010

hi
im glad that Virat Kholi is retained by RCB. its clear that he is a future India & RCB captain. he has a steady head on his broad shoulders & is a fighter to the core. he gives his best everytime & dsnt give up easily & these qualities will keep him in good stead for the future.
im dissapointed that RCB didnt use the 4 player retention clause. wld have loved to see Ross Taylor, Robin & KP being retained alongside Virat. we have connected with the current RCB players so well that it wld be difficult to see them play for any other team. im sure the management has discused this for long & have a plan in place when the auction comes around.
my heatfelt thanks to all the players who wore the RCB jersey & gave us so much joy over the last 3 years. thank u guys & fare well
love

View Profile
PM

Posted: 11 December 2010 07:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Fan
VishuRD
Joined  25/02/2010

We will get the best team Guys!! with RD, Ak and others…!

View Profile
PM

Posted: 11 December 2010 09:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Fan
Joined  11/12/2010

Retaining Virat Kohli for such a huge amount id a big joke. I guess the brains of the bosses didn’t work when that decision was taken. I am sure no team in the work would have tried fecthing Virat Kohli even for 0.9 million dollars. How did the bussiness tycon Mallya’s calculation go wrong, stupid. Did emotional junior Mallya commit this mistake?
I am sad, I guess 80% of RCB fans are not convinced with this. They could have retained KP or Steyn or Ross Taylor or Kumble for that price.

Guys just imagine which of these batsman in crease creates more panic to the opponents? KP or Taylor or Uthappa or Mr Kohli?

View Profile
PM

Posted: 11 December 2010 09:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Fan
Joined  11/12/2010
PhoenixCricket - 10 December 2010 11:46 AM

IF no Dravid in RCB. Most people Quit Supporting RCB.
Retain Rahul. RCB where R Stands For RAHUL. all RCBians Plz Support To This….........

I do aggree with your views. Dravid, Kumble and Uthappa can gather more fans for RCB. If they are not in then I doubt abbout the houseful crowd at Chinnaswamy. Atleast I wont spend my penny to watch a RCB match minus them smile

View Profile
PM

Posted: 11 December 2010 11:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Fan
din66
Joined  25/03/2010

rcb should have retained uthappa than kohli , i think with this move of retaining kohli and not taking their prolific player they have made the same blunder bcci is making of not picking him for 20/20 or one day.

View Profile
PM

Posted: 15 December 2010 04:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Fan
Total Posts:  5
Joined  04/03/2010

Guys Rahul Dravid and Anil Kumble Have not been retained doesnt mean we wont get them in the auction, I am sure we will go all out to get them in the auction. Its just a wise decision not to retain them so that the available salary can now be used to get better players along with them. look at the situation Mumbai Indians and Super Kings are in now, they only have half their salary cap to buy almost a full team, this means during the auction if other teams who have full salary at their disposal bid a high amount for players like zaheer, tiwary, rayudu, hussey, bollinger, murali. they are most likely to lose out on them. And ( anilmpg10 ) as far as what you said it would have been a joke paying 1.8 million for Kohli, but fact is he is not, the 1.8 million is the amount that will be deducted from the salary cap and not actually paid to Kohli, what he will be paid is based on negotiations between the team and kohli which i am sure is far less than that and its not going to be actually disclosed.

View Profile
PM

Posted: 17 December 2010 09:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Fan
Total Posts:  2
Joined  07/09/2009

RCB Retain Our best players like Kallis, Dravid, Robin, and Praveen.

View Profile
PM

Posted: 18 December 2010 02:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Fan
Joined  06/09/2009

i want whole team back no matter how they are, but all are my favorites. plz…..................

View Profile
PM

1 of 2
Fast Reply