Apycom jQuery Menus
-

Rules
Posted: 20 December 2010 09:21 PM   [ Ignore ]
Administrator
Fan
Total Posts:  100
Joined  10/09/2009

Cross-posting from: http://www.royalchallengers.com/fan-club/red-gold-blog-a-thon-contest

Biggest Blogging Competition in town, very soon in computers near you ...

RCB community is all about passionate RCB fans, fans who are spread widely across india and all over the world. We express feelings in many ways most commonly through blogs.

Introducing the ‘Red & Gold Blog-a-thon Contest’. All you people who have passion for writing come along and experience the power of writing. This is where we can discuss stuffs which are so important w.r.t RCB, World Cup and many more

Some things are common in most of the contests a. Rules, b. Goodies

Rules

* Contest Starts this Monday Dec 20 and ends at the start of 2011.
* Five Topics in total each one will be unveiled by me
* Minimum of 500 words for a blog to qualify with the upper limit of 1200 (Max)
* 3 days/topic, so for mondays topic i will put the topic name sunday night (by 11:00 pm) and you have time till Tue 11pm to submit your blogs.
* This contest is for all RCBians so you should write your blogs in discussion forums.

Goodies

As usual with most of the RCB contests and more so with Red and Gold blog-a-thon contest. To top it, cherry on the cake - All winners will make it to the Hall of Fame

Tips

* Think out of the box - Make your words speak smile
* Divide the writing in sections - Paragraphs master a document
* Check Spell mistakes and make sure your sentences are proper - Neat English for great reading

So get ready for a awesome blogging contest hitting RCB website very soon. Best of Luck and hope you guys enjoy writing as much as we will presenting the contest to you.

A True RCB Fan,

Sachin Kodagali

View Profile
PM

Posted: 21 December 2010 07:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Fanatic Fan
Total Posts:  133
Joined  22/02/2010

Hi Nidhi,

As per the announcement, the topic for the first segment was to be announced on Sunday night. Sachin seems to have forgotten the time line or got busy with something else. Maybe, you could choose a topic to get the contest to move on or else the entire schedule as planned by him, will be a dud.

Moreover, since this has got grammar and linguistic skills as a judgment criteria, may I know who would be on the panel?

Regards,

WP

View Profile
PM

Posted: 21 December 2010 09:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Fanatic Fan
Total Posts:  289
Joined  16/02/2010

Wizard prince : I have neither forgotten nor was busy yesterday, i was waiting for the appropriate discussion forum to be created. I got a confirmation on that today morning.

I had also commented in the blog : http://www.royalchallengers.com/ee/index.php/fan-club-blog/comment/red-gold-blog-a-thon-contest/ (5th comment from the bottom), i suppose u didnt go through all the comments.

Now that we have the discussion forum ready will post the topic very soon

View Profile
PM

Posted: 21 December 2010 09:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Fanatic Fan
Total Posts:  289
Joined  16/02/2010

I think nidhi is the right person to answer your other question about who the judges are. I am there on the panel and as far as i can say everyones blog will be assesed fairly on the content, style, creativity etc

You are avid a blogger and i am sure you know about this right smile

View Profile
PM

Posted: 21 December 2010 12:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Fanatic Fan
Joined  22/02/2010

I have no doubt about the fairness aspect and I will happily write a blog on the topic without caring about the judgment. However, just wanted to know smile. Even if you be the only judge, still, I have no problem smile.

View Profile
PM

Posted: 22 December 2010 12:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Administrator
Fan
Total Posts:  100
Joined  10/09/2009

Jury:
Fan Jury 50%  (Sachin & Chief Bloggers) + Club Jury 50% (2 CMs & RCB Editor)

Judging criteria:
25% Interesting, 25% Cricket Knowledge, 25% Grammar & English, 25% Creativity

View Profile
PM

Posted: 22 December 2010 12:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Fanatic Fan
Joined  22/02/2010

Thanks for the info Nidhi. This is a great criteria and I am glad it will not only cover every aspect of writing, but, also enhance the qualitative aspect of writing too. Wish everyone good luck with the contest!

View Profile
PM

Posted: 14 August 2012 08:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Fan
Total Posts:  2042
Joined  18/08/2011

RCB RCB RCB RCB R CB

View Profile
PM

Fast Reply

1st Topic is ... ››