Apycom jQuery Menus
-

1st Topic - RCB FOREIGN PLAYER STRATEGY!
Posted: 23 December 2010 08:46 PM   [ Ignore ]
Fanatic Fan
Total Posts:  341
Joined  07/09/2009

RCB FOREGIN PLAYER STRAGETY
As we all know that only 10 overseas players are allowed in each team and there are over 200+ overseas players to be hammered by IPL governing council on 8-9 January in Bengaluru. We have a little time left to think about the players. We had retained Virat Kohli who is aggressive and he has given strength to our middle order. We have 72$ left and we have to purchase the whole team including overseas and Indian players for which we have to keep the budget in a healthy or I can say wealthy condition.
We can have a team of 30 in the IPL. Suppose we can sign 10 domestic or any other players before or after auction we have to buy atleast 20 players at the Auction.
Our Composition for the team by skill for 30 players should be
12 Batsmen!-    4 Overseas
5 All-rounders-  2 Overseas
3 Wicketkeepers- 1 Overseas
10 Bowlers-        3 Overseas
We also had to buy Left handed players as we faced too many problems in these 3 year for have 2-3 left handers.
Now coming to the point of out foreigner player strategy we had some of the most experienced players in first three seasons. But Some criticized our team especially dravid for selecting a “TEST TEAM” as we had players like chandrapaul , kallis, kumble, joshi, jafar and dravid too in the Squad. Taylor and White were good but they went for their International duties early in the First Season. Steyn Came late! And Nathen Braken didn’t came to play a single match in both the seasons.
These all led to waste mallya’s money and some damage to our team.
In 2009 Pak players were forced to out of the IPL due to 26/11.We put Merve to fill misbah’s place which proved very good as he is world’s best T-20 all-rounder and showed his remarkable performances in IPL. But. But.. But..it was kumble’s bad decision that he put merve to play only a single match in IPL 2010!.I cant describe the whole players but I just summarised it.
Now talking about this year’s Auction.
There are many key players to be bid .Some of overseas players such as Taylor,KP,Marsh,McCuullam,Vettori,Gayle,Morgan,Morne Morkel,Bollinger,Hussey and Anderson,swann,Brouad for the first time. It Will not be easy to purchase them as there are 10 franchise now and we know that Sahara and pune warriors can spent any money on these players as they are respectively first and second teams with highest Team value!.
We have to select at least 1 opener-we have Jayasurya,Marsh,Gayle and Kallis as Opener.
I Think kallis will be good as he can bat I the middle order if required and can do bowling also and will fulfil the place of all-rounder too!. He is perfect and I think very litle teams will be interested to purchase him as they found then very very slow to be play in T-20.
Now For middle Order We have to buy at least 2 batmen. Taylor and KP will be god as both can smash the bowl out of the stadium!.
We need 1batsmen for lower order too so Roelf Van Der Merve/Luke Wright and Dave Hussey will be good.
It doesn’t depend that if a batsmen is not in form then he can’t play good. Let’s I will give you an example of Taylor. In the 2009 IPL he was out of form before he score superb 81 of 33 balls against Kolkata Knight Riders. But we gave him a chance to play the match and from that match he game in form and helped our side to reach in the final’s!. So in T-20 It doesn’t required that a batsmen has to be in form.
That is my strategy but let’s see what’s Mallya’s is?
Mridul Mittal
Fanatic Fan!

View Profile
PM

Posted: 17 September 2013 10:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Fan
Total Posts:  2042
Joined  18/08/2011

RCB RCB RCB RCB R CB RCB RCB RCB RCB R CBRCB RCB RCB RCB R CB RCB RCB RCB RCB R CBRCB RCB RCB RCB R CB RCB RCB RCB RCB R CBRCB RCB RCB RCB R CB RCB RCB RCB RCB R CB

View Profile
PM

Fast Reply