Apycom jQuery Menus

1st Topic - RCB Foreign Players Stratergies.
Posted: 24 December 2010 09:35 AM   [ Ignore ]
Fanatic Fan
Total Posts:  400
Joined  03/04/2010

Everyone including franchise and cricket fans are eagerly waiting for the auctions to happen and to know which of their favorite players are going to go in which team.Every team in IPL wanted to have more than 4 foreign players in their playing 11 and also they spent ample of money buying them and most of them were too good to be kept out, but unfortunately only 4 were allowed in playing 11. Picking Indian players was not much of problem but here we are discussing of making strategy for foreign players and now the teams have to be very careful this season in buying foreign players even keeping 4 player in playing 11 strategy in mind and the time of their availability and purchase them accordingly of course keeping budget in mind so that franchise should not repeat the mistakes like last time of having loss of many players due to their international commitments. As many people criticized Bangalore team to be a Test playing team, they turned out to be the team with most consistent performance.
Each IPL team are allowed only 10 overseas players, so as per what I feel we should select the foreign players in the following categories. Openers – 2, Middle Order – 3, All Rounders – 2 and Bowlers – 3.
If you abide by this strategy Jacques Kallis who can fit into any role and is counted among one of the best all-rounders can be bought back in auction, not to forget Mahela Jayawardene who had a strong IPL – 4 as an opener while playing for Punjab & proved that 20-20 is not just about hitting big every time and only when needed can be a match winner for the team . Even Chris Gayle can be a great explosive option for the team as an opener. Another good foreign player can be Mr.Perfect of cricket Michael Hussey whom I am sure Chennai will be kneen on buying him back but if Bangalore can get him there is nothing like it.
More exciting options have come out this season in form of English players and many teams would be aiming to buy the likes of Luke Wright & Michael Yardy. I am sure Mr.Mallya will have in mind anyone of these 2 names as both are excellent all rounders and big hitters & even Angelo Mathews one of the top performing cricketer is also a wise pick.
Now coming to the bowlers point of view a strong player like Dale Steyn can be bought back along with a neat pick like deadly Morne Morkel who along with Steyn can spice up the things to make life a night-mare for the opponents, can counter-attack any batting line up and even Doug Bollinger will be a jackpot pick.
I have not mentioned Ross Taylor or be it even Kevin Pietersen names to be bought back in auctions this time even though they are big match winners as they were not too consistent in their performances in previous editions of IPL and Bangalore must look out with better options in new auctions.
Along with few old ones and new fresh faces I am sure the combination’s of these foreign players will do a word of good this time for Bangalore. Last but not the least all I can say is “Spend wisely, pick safely & emerge as true winners”. smile

View Profile
PM

Posted: 17 September 2013 10:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Fan
Total Posts:  2042
Joined  18/08/2011

RCB RCB RCB RCB R CB RCB RCB RCB RCB R CBRCB RCB RCB RCB R CB RCB RCB RCB RCB R CBRCB RCB RCB RCB R CB RCB RCB RCB RCB R CBRCB RCB RCB RCB R CB RCB RCB RCB RCB R CBRCB RCB RCB RCB R CB RCB RCB RCB RCB R CBRCB RCB RCB RCB R CB RCB RCB RCB RCB R CBRCB RCB RCB RCB R CB RCB RCB RCB RCB R CBRCB RCB RCB RCB R CB RCB RCB RCB RCB R CBRCB RCB RCB RCB R CB RCB RCB RCB RCB R CBRCB RCB RCB RCB R CB RCB RCB RCB RCB R CB

View Profile
PM

Fast Reply