Apycom jQuery Menus
-

5th Topic - Tale of Two RCBs(with apologies to Charles Dickens)
Posted: 05 January 2011 09:38 AM   [ Ignore ]
Fanatic Fan
Total Posts:  18
Joined  08/10/2009

It was the King of good times, it was the King of bad times, it was the age of Kumble being declared as captain, it was the age of KP being declared as captain, it was the epoch of believing that we can win the next 5 games and reach the finals in IPL 2, it was the epoch of total disbelief that we couldn’t even chase that modest total of 143 runs in that final of IPL 2, it was the season of being ridiculed as a test team, it was a season(or two) of serving up humble pie for calling us that, it was the spring of hope that the old adage of ‘catches win matches’ would surely ring true in last year’s CLT20 semi-final, it was the winter of despair that the other adage ‘when it rains, it pours’ rang far more true, we had the hideous IPL trophy before us, we had the more hideous runner’s up medals before us, we were going to the top of the points table, we were going direct the other way…

In short – RCB has been there and done it all…all except for that final victory lap, that is.

So how do we get there?

Well, for one, we can hope that this time around there is no more mudslinging after the auctions are done and dusted. Kumble has backed out of this year’s IPL, but the Mallya clan has done well to extend some sort of olive branch to Jumbo to continue the association. We should listen to what our new RCB Chief Mentor has to say about who we should pick in the auctions because, after all, he’s the one who inspired the team to great heights after a forgettable first season. Surely that ought to count for something. And who better than the great man himself to make it clear to Mallya that we need to go after an R Ashwin with the same sort of single-mindedness that saw us win the bid for KP, especially since Kumble won’t be able to spin the team to another victory this time around.

And how about doing away with the makeshift captains and the makeshift openers that was our undoing in that journey to the bottom of the points table? Sure we need to be flexible, but come on, let’s leave those sort of gymnastics to the cheerleaders. Not everyone can be an opener or a captain. If Virat Kohli is going to be the next captain for RCB, I say go for it, but be sure to get a Rahul Dravid to lend him a hand. People say that you can’t buy experience and sure, I admit it, I’m terribly disillusioned after the whole ‘catches win matches’ saying didn’t work out for us so I’m going to go out on a limb and say yeah, you CAN buy experience; it’s just going cost you $400,000.

I don’t believe there’s a need for wholesale changes, just minor tweaking. I think we had a pretty all right team and I hope we can buy quite a few of them back. It’s the sort of team, backed to the hilt by the management and fans, which can punch above their weight. And that’s the sort of team that can win you the title. I guess you could say I have ‘Great Expectations’ that RCB can win this IPL.

View Profile
PM

Posted: 04 May 2011 08:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Fan
gogs999
Total Posts:  2
Joined  31/03/2011

i totally agree with ur statement

Image Attachments
RCB.jpg
View Profile
PM