Apycom jQuery Menus
-

Anil Kumble becomes Chief Mentor for RCB
Posted: 07 January 2011 01:25 AM   [ Ignore ]
Fan
Total Posts:  67
Joined  28/10/2010

After playing a brilliant innings in season 2 and season 3 of the Indian Premier League, Royal Challengers are now game for more challenges this season with none other than the legendary cricketer, Anil Kumble as their Chief Mentor. Anil will work closely with the Royal Challengers team owner, Dr Vijay Mallya. In his capacity as Chief Mentor Anil will work along-with and support the CEO of RCB, Chief Coach, the Physio & Trainer and the Team Analyst for Royal Challengers.

According to Dr Vijay Mallya, Chairman, the UB Group and owner of Team RCB, “Anil’s leadership, both on-field and off-field augured well for the Royal Challengers in the last two seasons of the Indian Premier League as well as the Champions League. I sincerely believe Anil’s presence in the RCB Leadership Team will provide a fresh dimension and perspective to our IPL Strategy in the medium and long term. We believe, his proven track record as a peerless international cricketer and Indian captain, his astute leadership at the IPL that carried RCB to a top 3 finish in 2 successive years coupled with administrative skills offer a unique combination. We look forward to Anil’s contribution towards making RCB a role-model franchise and I am indeed, delighted to welcome him once again on the RCB leadership panel.”

Commenting on his new role at Royal Challengers, former skipper, Anil Kumble, said, “It is fabulous to see the Royal Challengers team shaping up for season 4 of IPL. The team has performed very well, much to the delight of their fans, and has showcased their undying faith in the Royal Challengers’ talent pool. I am excited to take on the mentoring role for Royal Challengers. At the same time, the task involves huge responsibility to better the benchmarks that Royal Challengers have already created in the last two seasons. I am confident that I will deliver to the team’s and fans expectations. I am ready to take on the challenge.”

Cheers to more exciting times ahead with team Royal Challengers and Anil Kumble.

View Profile
PM

Fast Reply