Apycom jQuery Menus
-

Royal Challengers - Way behind on the Uncapped Players Signing.
Posted: 30 January 2011 02:03 AM   [ Ignore ]
Fan
psbb
Total Posts:  116
Joined  30/01/2011

[co
lor=red][/color]

As everyone (Including the RCB Management) will agree that till date we are like a Tortise in the Uncapped Players signing( and lets not assume that Tortoise always wins the race!!!).  For a Team which has Karnataka has the base this is very surprising and disappointing. 

We have our own KPL which is being held now for 2 years and its a pity that RCB Management has not been able to spot the local talent AS YET.  I am not sure if the Management wants to wait till the remaining local players are also snatched away by other franchisees. 

Other than the signed players ie Mayank, Raju Bhatkal and S Aravind I can think about Sunil Raju (spinner/allrounder), Amit Verma (Batsman), Gautam(Keeper/Batsman), Abrar Kazi,(spinner) Aditya Sagar (Medium Pace bowling Allrounder).  Someone suggested Sumit Narwal (not from Karnataka) which is also a good choice. 

Most of the above players have already represented Karnataka and have done decently well.  Its a pity that for a state which was Finalist and Semi-Finalist in Ranji for past 2 years there is no proactive aggressive approach to Sign the uncapped players while we were ready to shell money for a failure like Mohammed Kaif in the auction (who has done very little in past IPLs).

Sorry to say Dr Mallya, Anil Kumble and Team if we donot wake up now , we will only have Grade 2 or Grade 3 players left in the uncapped list.  If this is the way team finalization is handled.. I can only wish you guys LOTS of LUCK to acheive your dream of IPL Winners!!!

Take a leaf out of Mumbai Indians, CSK and Kochi on how to sign the Uncapped Players.  Lets be realistic that Fans will support the team if Local Players are encouraged (and unfortunately we donot have anyone noteworthy from Karnataka in the team as yet)

View Profile
PM

Posted: 03 February 2011 08:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Fan
karthik-shetty4
Total Posts:  982
Joined  10/09/2010

I think Prakash is absolutely right.We should buy those players mentioned in the above list and fill up our roster.

View Profile
PM

Fast Reply