Apycom jQuery Menus
-

Gujarat based Asad Pathan to sign for RCB…...
Posted: 06 February 2011 02:04 AM   [ Ignore ]
Fan
Total Posts:  52
Joined  07/08/2010

When Asad Pathan bats, bowlers run for covers. He bats with the philosophy that the ball is there just to be hit. People watching him play, says that he is the new ‘Yusuf Pathan’ on the horizon.

That might be a bit far fetched but he showed glimpses of his powerful hitting in the Navdeep Cup one-day tournament in Ahmedabad recently. Asad scored a 100 in just 52 balls in the quarterfinal and followed it with another whirlwind innings of 88 from 52 balls and a 5-wicket haul in the semifinal.

Asad’s exploits would have made him an obvious choice in the Gujarat limited overs team but he couldn’t submit the no objection certificate (NOC) from his previous team, Railways, before the BCCI cut off date and have to wait for another year to be eligible to play for the state.

Gujarat missed him by a whisker but Indian premier League team Royal Challengers Bangalore is all set to sign him for Season IV. RCB people saw Asad in the Aurangabad Premier League at DY Patil Stadium last year where in four 15-over matches he scored two hundreds.

They followed Asad to the Anand Premier League where he won the man of the series award in a field where many top cricketers from the three cricket associations of Gujarat-Saurashtra Cricket Association, Gujarat Cricket Association and Baroda Cricket Association-took part.

Confirming the development Asad said: “Yes, they are sending me a contract shortly. I was busy travelling from one place to another so I couldn’t sign it before.” He however didn’t divulge any details of the content of the contract.

This journeyman started playing cricket in the dusty alleys of Ankleshwar then went to South Africa to play in the Limpopo province for one and half years. Asad had a highest score of 157 in the 50 over matches and scored two hundreds (146 and 120) in the T20s.

Asad was even offered a contract by the Nashua Titans franchise, one of five South African associate teams of which the Limpopo cricket team is a part of, but he decided to come back to India to pursue his dream playing big time cricket.

Asad was part of the Railways T20 squad last season but hardly got any opportunity to showcase his talent. He played just four matches scoring 46 runs with a highest score of 35 but he did so with a striking strike rate: 143.75.

“I am an opener and was not getting enough opportunities to bat higher up the order in Railways so I decided to comeback to my home state. But I received my NOC on September 30, which also was the closing day of the BCCI transfer window and now have to wait for another year to play for Gujarat,” said Asad who took his ill luck in his stride but is looking forward to his stint with the IPL team to make a mark.

“I used to bat cautiously earlier but with the popularity of T20, I have slightly changed my game to suit the format,” said the 26-year-old who has changed it so much that he always looks to be in a hurry to fulfill his dreams of playing cricket at the higher level.

Read more: Another Pathan on the horizon? - The Times of India http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/cricket/top-stories/Another-Pathan-on-the-horizon/articleshow/7408478.cms#ixzz1D4bgCtYK

View Profile
PM

Posted: 06 February 2011 02:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Fan
GOTOHELL
Total Posts:  7
Joined  10/01/2011

Yup read the article.. atlast some explosive unknown talent signs up for RCB!! go RCB !! sad about Pandey though..

View Profile
PM

Posted: 06 February 2011 06:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Fan
Azhar-Ahmed1
Total Posts:  189
Joined  27/03/2010

It is good to hear but will he ever get a chance to showcase his talent ?

View Profile
PM

Posted: 07 February 2011 12:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Fan
Total Posts:  609
Joined  12/03/2010

Good one for RCB and i think he’ll play few matches if mayank agarwal fails..

View Profile
PM

Posted: 07 February 2011 09:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Fan
Azhar-Ahmed1
Total Posts:  189
Joined  27/03/2010
Pun33t - 07 February 2011 12:17 AM

Good one for RCB and i think he’ll play few matches if mayank agarwal fails..

i think he should be played ahead of mayank agarwal

View Profile
PM

Posted: 07 February 2011 11:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Fan
Udit-Dinesh1
Total Posts:  44
Joined  18/02/2010

dont think he will be played ahead of mayank agarwal

View Profile
PM

Posted: 08 February 2011 12:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Fan
Sharsh
Total Posts:  3
Joined  27/01/2011

Y? is this guy Mayank Agarwal so good..Nvr heard much about him though

View Profile
PM

Posted: 09 February 2011 08:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Fan
Rragz
Total Posts:  2
Joined  07/02/2011

yaa.. mayanka is aggressive player.. he played U-19 World cup. n also the top scorer in the karnatak premier league…

View Profile
PM

Posted: 16 March 2011 01:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Fan
SAIKALCHAR
Total Posts:  158
Joined  20/02/2010

looks like a good hitter.. hope he wil shine 4 RCB..

View Profile
PM

Posted: 02 April 2011 10:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Fan
mona23feb
Total Posts:  126
Joined  13/03/2011
Neil003 - 06 February 2011 02:04 AM

When Asad Pathan bats, bowlers run for covers. He bats with the philosophy that the ball is there just to be hit. People watching him play, says that he is the new ‘Yusuf Pathan’ on the horizon.

That might be a bit far fetched but he showed glimpses of his powerful hitting in the Navdeep Cup one-day tournament in Ahmedabad recently. Asad scored a 100 in just 52 balls in the quarterfinal and followed it with another whirlwind innings of 88 from 52 balls and a 5-wicket haul in the semifinal.

Asad’s exploits would have made him an obvious choice in the Gujarat limited overs team but he couldn’t submit the no objection certificate (NOC) from his previous team, Railways, before the BCCI cut off date and have to wait for another year to be eligible to play for the state.

Gujarat missed him by a whisker but Indian premier League team Royal Challengers Bangalore is all set to sign him for Season IV. RCB people saw Asad in the Aurangabad Premier League at DY Patil Stadium last year where in four 15-over matches he scored two hundreds.

They followed Asad to the Anand Premier League where he won the man of the series award in a field where many top cricketers from the three cricket associations of Gujarat-Saurashtra Cricket Association, Gujarat Cricket Association and Baroda Cricket Association-took part.

Confirming the development Asad said: “Yes, they are sending me a contract shortly. I was busy travelling from one place to another so I couldn’t sign it before.” He however didn’t divulge any details of the content of the contract.

This journeyman started playing cricket in the dusty alleys of Ankleshwar then went to South Africa to play in the Limpopo province for one and half years. Asad had a highest score of 157 in the 50 over matches and scored two hundreds (146 and 120) in the T20s.

Asad was even offered a contract by the Nashua Titans franchise, one of five South African associate teams of which the Limpopo cricket team is a part of, but he decided to come back to India to pursue his dream playing big time cricket.

Asad was part of the Railways T20 squad last season but hardly got any opportunity to showcase his talent. He played just four matches scoring 46 runs with a highest score of 35 but he did so with a striking strike rate: 143.75.

“I am an opener and was not getting enough opportunities to bat higher up the order in Railways so I decided to comeback to my home state. But I received my NOC on September 30, which also was the closing day of the BCCI transfer window and now have to wait for another year to play for Gujarat,” said Asad who took his ill luck in his stride but is looking forward to his stint with the IPL team to make a mark.

“I used to bat cautiously earlier but with the popularity of T20, I have slightly changed my game to suit the format,” said the 26-year-old who has changed it so much that he always looks to be in a hurry to fulfill his dreams of playing cricket at the higher level.

Read more: Another Pathan on the horizon? - The Times of India http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/cricket/top-stories/Another-Pathan-on-the-horizon/articleshow/7408478.cms#ixzz1D4bgCtYK

yes we hopes next changes

View Profile
PM

Posted: 03 April 2011 01:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Fan
Total Posts:  254
Joined  07/02/2010

Is there any lik where in all the player profiles are put up/.... Cud not find anything

View Profile
PM

Posted: 11 April 2011 04:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Fan
SAIKALCHAR
Total Posts:  158
Joined  20/02/2010

good hittin frm Asad..

View Profile
PM

Posted: 11 April 2011 04:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Fan
Joined  28/03/2010

nice share dude…...

View Profile
PM

Posted: 11 April 2011 04:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Fan
Joined  28/03/2010

lov the way u lie .............rihanaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan

View Profile
PM

Posted: 11 April 2011 04:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Fan
Joined  28/03/2010

i like the sexy laddyyyyyyy

View Profile
PM

Posted: 16 April 2011 04:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Fan
saim-saiyed
Total Posts:  4
Joined  30/03/2011

I think a chance should be given to Asad Pathan, he can play as an allrounder for RCB.

View Profile
PM

Posted: 17 April 2011 02:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Fan
vivekanand-chowdary-gavini
Total Posts:  94
Joined  25/09/2010

hope he rocks

View Profile
PM

Fast Reply