-

Where is the loyalty ???
Posted: 15 April 2011 09:50 AM   [ Ignore ]
Fan
vinay-rotti
Total Posts:  1
Joined  07/09/2009

Dear RCB Fans,

Would any of you be bothered if this team was called Team UB, instead of RCB ??? Where are the Bangalore or Karnataka lads in this team ? I can understand if our state talent pool was similar to Pune or Kerala, where the locals are not good enough and only the loyalty is towards the Franchisee as against the players… thats not the case with Karnataka !! If you see the tournament thus far, the K’taka plyers representing the other Franchisees are playing terrific - Uthappa, Vinay Kumar, Rahul Dravid, Bharath Chipli…

Kumble being at the helm of things could not hold on to the uncapped players like Chipli, Binny, Pandey etc..is nt that a shame ??? How on earth can Srinath and Kumble guide these youngsters to represent India ?? All the uncapped players are already being drawn towards money. If only Mr Mallya could shell a little more to hold on to these youngsters to their home team, the crowds would pour in numbers and support… I am quite sure, the turn out for the upcoming matches in Chinnaswamy will fall. I had visited the stadium every match the last season and also the Cahmpions Leagues T 20, howeverm this time I ll certainly not go there…cos I ll end up wondering if I should support Mallya Eleven or my TEAM PLAYERS like Dravid, Uthappa etc

About the auctions, its one of the most foolish thinking I have seen… Any other franchisee would have held on to Dale Styen, Ross Taylor and Robin Uthappa, however our friend dint feel so. He feels Mohammed Kaif is better than Dravid. If only he had stretched a bit more than what he bid for Saurabh Tiwari, he could have got Uthappa or Yusuf Pathan !! God knows his thinking.

He probably needed flashy players who can endorse his liquors for free of cost during the IPL. Bravo Mr Mallya and Mr Kumble, you guys will ensure Karnatka Cricket will perish, but all the players will retire richer, they may not represent India, but will earn money….

View Profile
PM

Posted: 15 April 2011 10:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Fan
Pakiya
Total Posts:  13
Joined  10/04/2010

i agree.. there should be more of good local talent.. players from the state should be picked when there is such good talent..
rather then wasting huge sums on outside talent..

View Profile
PM

Posted: 15 April 2011 06:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Fan
Total Posts:  254
Joined  07/02/2010

Yepp very much agreed with this..

View Profile
PM

Posted: 15 April 2011 08:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Fan
BloodbathAndBeyond
Total Posts:  38
Joined  09/04/2010

Well here’s my take on this :
1. Uthappa : Uthappa, though outstanding on his day, can be horrible on other days. Remember 2009 season where Uthappa struggled almost throughout the season (except in 1 match). So, between Uthappa at 1.9 million USD and Saurav Tiwari at 1.6 million USD, I think Tiwari is far more consistent and a better buy.

2. Dravid : Absolutely agree with you on this. David at 500,000 USD is way better than Pujara at 700,000 USD. Apart from his vast experience he brings huge fan loyality to the table which a T20 franchise simply cant or shouldnt ignore

3. Vinay Kumar :To be fair, RCB went for Vinay in the auction but after a few bids he became unaffordable. So, I wont blame RCB not not buying Vinay Kumar. I am sure if Vinay went for sale on Day1 of the auction, RCB would have bagged him. But on day 2, RCB had very little cash to spare. If memory serves me right, Vinay went for about 475,000 and RCB had about 700,000 to spare at that time. 700,000 to buy about another 15 more players !!! So, its understandable that they bought Mithun instead for about 250,000

4. Stuart Binny : Look at the things from his perspective. First, RCB didnt sign him for first 3 years. Also, he has seen lots of domestic cricketers mostly warming the bench for RCB without getting a chance to appear in playing XI and even if they got a chane there was very little tolerance for failure (e.g:  Chipli, Apanna, Jaffer, Nayan Doshi, Mithun, Sreevats, Bhuvaneshwar Kumar and even India under19 captain Ashok Menaria). Also, even though he got an IPL contract with Mumbai Indians in 2010, he payed just one match. So, now that he received offers from both RCB and Rajasthan Royals, its understandable that he’d choose Royals because there’s a much higher possibilty of featuring in playing XI. Infact, he himself confirmed this in ann interview.

5. Chipli : Similar case as Binny. He was with RCB for last 3 years - played just a copule of matches in IPL-1. Why would he want to stick to RCB ?

6. Ross Taylor : similar to Uthappa - he is outstanding on his day, below average on other.  Since we had Kallis we could afford to have somebody like Ross (case in point, Ross did absolutely nothing in IPL -3). Also, AB DeVilliers at the same price, is way better option than Ross.

7. Steyn : Outstnading bowler but he comes at an outstanding price tag as well. Steyn went for 1.2 million USD at the auction. There was no way RCB would have bought him and rataining him would have costed 1.4 million USD - an equally huge amount.

Having defended RCB management so far I’d still say that they goofed up in many aspects :
1. Not retaining Kallis : Though a slow starter, Kallis is immensely valuable as an all-rounder. He provided stability which allowed players like Ross/Kohli/KP/Uthappa to go for the bowling. Also having Kallis in the side meant no worries about 5th bowler. Now we have Dilshan instead of Kallis and he is struggling to fit into kallis’ boots.

2. Going for Pujara : Pujara might have potential, but he is untested material in T20. Paying 700,000 for Pujara looks ridiculous when you can get Dravid for 500,000 or Shikhar Dhawan for 300,000. Just imagine Shikhar Dhawan, Naman Ojha and Vinay Kumar in the squad instead of Pujara and Mithun and the side would have been so much better.

3. Going for Zaheer : Zaheer had already expressed his reluctance to play for any side other than Mumbai Indians in IPL 2008. Why repeat the same mistake again ?

4. Going for too many big names : RCB went for too many high priced players (Kohli, AB, Zaheer, Dilshan, Nannes, Tiwari, Pujara). So, they had almost nothing left to buy a reserve bench. so, now when Dilshan leaves we have nobody to replace him. Instead RCB could have gone for relatively smaller names at lower prices (e.g: Brad Hodge + Ryan Ten Doeschate + Adam Voges instead of just Dilshan or Morne Morkel + Juan Theron + Tim Southee instead of just Nannes )

View Profile
PM

Posted: 15 April 2011 09:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Fan
BumbleBee
Total Posts:  4
Joined  28/03/2010

Face of Bangalore is Missing in the Team.
Uttapa,Steyn,Ross Taylor,Dravid…
these wre face of Bangalore..
Not Retaining Uttapa was a big mistake…
Virat Kohli can be destrutive in his day…but he is not a match winner..he is jus a back up boy thts all.
this season..we will be lucky to beat tuskars for the last spot

View Profile
PM

Posted: 15 April 2011 11:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Fan
Total Posts:  83
Joined  03/10/2010

uthappa should have been retained

View Profile
PM

Posted: 29 April 2011 10:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Fan
raghavendra-rao2
Total Posts:  10
Joined  07/04/2011

MOST TRUE.

Cant see RCB w/o flambuoyant SIXAPPA.

Need to have Chipli, Vinay, SIXAPPA back to RCB.

View Profile
PM

Posted: 29 April 2011 10:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Fan
raghavendra-rao2
Total Posts:  10
Joined  07/04/2011

Face of Bangalore is Missing in the Team.
Uttapa,Vinay,Chipli…
these wre face of Bangalore..

View Profile
PM

Posted: 10 May 2011 05:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Fan
Total Posts:  64
Joined  01/05/2011

Yes, RCB should have gone for Utthappa as he belongs from Bangalore.

View Profile
PM

Posted: 11 May 2011 11:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Fan
amarsoni
Total Posts:  3
Joined  03/04/2010

How we can convene to RCB owner…......

View Profile
PM

Posted: 11 May 2011 12:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Fan
Brit
Total Posts:  111
Joined  27/04/2011

Right now I would say management and owner have got it right… Time will tell!

View Profile
PM

Posted: 05 July 2011 08:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Fan
Total Posts:  423
Joined  27/03/2011

We surely missed some good players.

View Profile
PM

Fast Reply