Apycom jQuery Menus
-

Poll
do you think that srikant should be removed from selection committee?
he is the best 1
it needs some time 3
he is the worst 15
Total Votes: 19
You must be a logged-in member to vote
do you think that srikant cares for chennai more than india?
Posted: 25 March 2010 05:45 AM   [ Ignore ]
Fan
titv
Total Posts:  50
Joined  01/02/2010

he is a really bad selector becoz he looking at the performance of chennai players and not looking at other players and i think there should be fair selection done to all the players.some high authority should look into this matter.

View Profile
PM

Posted: 25 March 2010 06:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Fan
Total Posts:  30
Joined  07/09/2009

Ya,i agree…

View Profile
PM

Posted: 25 March 2010 06:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Fan
Total Posts:  14
Joined  24/03/2010

Yes, i agree with you. He cares more for chennai rather than India.

View Profile
PM

Posted: 25 March 2010 06:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Fan
Total Posts:  38
Joined  28/09/2009

ya being a tamilian i know how tamilians were ignored(as dravid is ignored nowadays) for long time in indian cricket.. srikant with vengance is taking revenge by doing what all he can do.. this is not fair upon his part as it affects the unity of india... only dinesh karthick,badrinath(tests) and murali vijay(tests) deserve a spot .. some body like ashwin dont deserve a spot at all… if this continues and some other selector comes from delhi or kolkatta,regional players will be prefferd and this results in denieing chances for talented guys..hence srikant must change his attitude orelse he must be removed form his post

View Profile
PM

Posted: 25 March 2010 07:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Fan
Total Posts:  163
Joined  07/09/2009

quite honestly, there were many many states from where players were ignored in the past.. The two prominent states in the national team slections since many decades have been Maharashtra(more certainly Mumbai) and Karnataka(namma kannada naadu)..But that being said, these two states have given some legends to Indian cricket… The only time I felt the selection was biased towards our state was when brajesh patel was the selector(selected dodda ganesh and johnson in the late 90s when there were some better talents)... but before that selectors werent from karnataka and still players from karnataka got selected…. chandrashekhar, binny, Gundappa vishwanath, kumble, srinath, dravid, kirmani ... the list goes on…How do you explain that.. regional bias??? when the selectors werent even from karnataka..IT IS JUST SHEER TALENT..If you see the number of players from TN in the Indian cricket history, the list from karnataka surely outnumbers them.. the only time a karnataka selector was there was when brajesh patel was there… that is all.. the truth is we have produced some astounding talents and some committed cricketers..

I remember jumbo bandaging his face completely and still coming to bowl with a broken jaw… How often do you see that kind of commitment???????

I doubt if srikanth can give talents like that… players from TN… venkatraghavan, srikanth himself, sadagopan ramesh, murlivijay, badrinath, maybe one or two more….

View Profile
PM

Posted: 25 March 2010 07:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Fanatic Fan
Total Posts:  12
Joined  03/10/2009

Thanks for raising this issue, its very important. Not from performance of Srikkanth though, but another aspect.

It is natural that on this site we will find everything that Srikkanth does is found to be wrong. Honestly, he should quit the selection committee not because of bad performance but for conflict of interest. He cannot earn a salary for being in the selection committee and at the same time, cannot be associated with one of the teams (and earn salary there also). How can the players from other 7 teams hope to be selected for the Indian T20 world cup squad? He cannot act independently, thats it. Its like being the umpire of the match and also manager of one of the teams playing that match!!

It will be known in just a day or two when the team is selected. Interesting options will be Tyagi (CSK) v/s Vinay (RCB) v/s Sangwan (DD). Also Uthappa (RCB) v/s Badri (CSK) v/s Rohit (DC). Also Manish v/s Tiwari v/s others… Srikkanth will have a glorious struggle to justify whatever he chooses. Neither he can justify inclusion or exclusion of players and it can also be injustice to his own team if other selectors play against Srikkanth’s conflict of interests.

By the way, for test match competency alone, I personally feel M. Vijay and Badrinath are highly capable batsmen who should be in the Indian Test team not just because of Srikkanth being from TN.

View Profile
PM

Posted: 25 March 2010 09:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Fan
abhishek-reddy4
Total Posts:  46
Joined  07/09/2009

i will tell you why he is biased.

uthappa and irfan pathan are not even in the list of probables when useless batsmen like naman ojha and a 3rd wk in saha are in the 30 list.why is murali vijay (a test batsman)even in the list of probables when we know he is totally not suited for t20 cricket.they could have put uthappa atleast in 30 list.now he cant even be selected for the 15 man squad.irfan pathan is the only medium pacer allrounder we have and yet he is ignored.

View Profile
PM

Fast Reply