Apycom jQuery Menus
-

if gayle departs early…...
Posted: 24 May 2011 09:37 PM   [ Ignore ]
Fan
shri51
Total Posts:  16
Joined  25/01/2010

all people are saying that RCB has qualified to play-off’s only because of chris gayle,if gayle departs early our team is useless…..i too agree for that but the main thing is he wont depart without destroying the plans of oppositions…..........u make the gayle to depart early today and see the result ab de villiers will be the next gayle!!!!!!!!

View Profile
PM

Posted: 24 May 2011 10:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Fan
Total Posts:  198
Joined  23/03/2010

if gayle departs early…...

U will find new hero in our team… who can play match winning innings
It might be Luke or AB De or Virat or Saurabh tiwari or mohammed kaif…

See friend 20 over match is funny game anything can happen…
did u expected last sunday Chennai team getting out for mery 128 runs… no right…
Playoff will be palyed in Mumbai where Chennai are outstanding team in there homeground but not away…
Anything can happen…
Hope for the best.. RCB will win

View Profile
PM

Posted: 24 May 2011 10:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Fan
rossfan16
Total Posts:  69
Joined  22/04/2010

people who say RCB depends on gayle, if gayle gets out what next for RCB???????? should know abd, virat, luke, saurabh, kaif mayank all r there to play cricket they r also batsmen who can clear the ropes in ease first of all gayle is unstopppable no doubt about it if gayle gets out new hero will born thats it!!!!!!!!!!!!! other teams gives birth to new heroes on every match we have gayle who dont want others to become hero

View Profile
PM

Posted: 24 May 2011 11:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Fan
mohammed-azhar1
Fan
mohammed-azhar1
Fan
mohammed-azhar1
Total Posts:  37
Joined  09/04/2011

virat and ABD are the key…

View Profile
PM

Posted: 25 May 2011 12:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Fan
amith-pavan
Total Posts:  131
Joined  07/09/2009

if Gayle gets OUT early, we have the ranks of ABD VK Mayank Tiwary Kaif Pomersbach And Vettori who can bat a bit !! there are 7 others who can do the job , These Players are quality cricketers and we should not panic if that happens,the WAY CHRIS played CSK Sunday was simply magnificient ,He played out Ashwin and Bollinger and then went after Morkel and Raina Thats a sign of a good Cricketer !! AB D Got out was unlucky , he should’nt have gone all guns blazing knowing that they needed to score at 6.45 an over!! I think we should open with Pommo and Gayle then with AB Kohli and Kaif we can look at 150 as our prime target ,if things go well first six then think about 160 ,if the middle overs are scored at 8 an over then a 180 is possible !! Bowling wise Zaheer Khan should do the trick for left handers like hussey and Raina >> If these both get going then RCB are in a tough scenario ... Dhoni is not such a major opponent ! WE have to go after >> VIJAY RAINA HUSSEY BADRINATH’S WICKET >> WE did it ONCE why NOT again

GOOOOO RCB,cheers !!! \m/

View Profile
PM

Posted: 25 May 2011 12:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Fan
steven
Total Posts:  110
Joined  16/02/2010

yes i do agree with this, as gayle has played an important and pivotal role in every victory that RCB has enjoyed , and at the same time, the most worriying fact is after early departure of chris gayle. but right now, we can only wish and pray that chris gayle should
continue playing as he did in the earlier matches.
KING CHRIS GAYLE….......ALL THE BEST.  RCB…...............KEEP WINNING…........

View Profile
PM

Posted: 25 May 2011 02:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Fan
Total Posts:  485
Joined  28/02/2010

if not gayle , virat , if not virat , ab devilliers , if not tiwary, if not kaif..so the list goes on

View Profile
PM

Posted: 25 May 2011 02:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Fan
Total Posts:  254
Joined  07/02/2010

I agree Gayle is batting well and its good for RCb as well…. But guys have can u forget the top class bowling perf from Vettori and Aravind they are at the best.. But not to forget t he experienced Zak….

View Profile
PM

Posted: 25 May 2011 02:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Fan
Total Posts:  163
Joined  07/09/2009

This is the first really meaningful post I have seen which focusses on the actual issue/weakness we have.

Personally I feel its a mental thing.

Lets take two scenarios and how we approach it given that Gayle gets out early:

Scenario1: We bat first

Here, it is important that we note, there will be no pressure of chasing. So if Gayle gets out early, what we should be careful of is, not to go into overcautious mode and stop scoring runs. Doesn’t mean we will have hit every ball out of the ground, but we should certainly keep rotating the strike and score at least 7 runs an over up until 11-12 overs. We are looking at 75-80 by that point without taking risks.

Do we have the quality to do that?

hell yes.. we do.. AB, Virat, Kaif , Luke certainly are capable. After the 12 over mark we can be a little more aggressive and score atleast 8-9 runs.. so whats the score we will then be looking at? 155..atleast… surely a fighting score

Scenario 2: We chase

Now this is more a tricky situation. In this case a lot of onus lies with the bowlers. they need to absolutely restrict chennai under 160. If they do, eevn without Gayle we can chase anything below 160. Please note that Luke Pomersbach is a highly under rated batsman in our ranks. He can demolish bowling attacks.

So where does the actual issue lie.. I think the Punjab match showed that.. i.e if we bowl first, concede 180+ and Gayle gets out early and we wilt under pressure.

Say suppose we do concede 180, what then!

We all know this is more a pscychological thing. As much as its wrong to restrict Gayle from scoring naturally, If I was the coach I would probably ask hi to just stay there at the crease and not take risks. why cos(again) its a psychological thing that will be there in the oppositions minds if he is there at the crease. The onus of scoring quickly should be taken by other batsmen in this case(Virat, AB,Luke can do that.. Even Asad Pathan can do that, if he is in the tem) Just that Gayle needs to stay at the crease till about 10-12 overs. Please note that thei good bowlers are only Ashwin and Bollinger and they dont bowl all the 20 overs. Other bowlers will have to bowl

View Profile
PM

Posted: 25 May 2011 03:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Fan
saksham-malhotra
Total Posts:  37
Joined  01/05/2011

NOT A big prob
WE have KOHLI,AB,KAIF these all can handle the pressure
n we have SAURABH N MAYANK N LUKE TO SEE THE PARt of hitting

View Profile
PM

Posted: 25 May 2011 03:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Fan
amith-pavan
Total Posts:  131
Joined  07/09/2009
raghu-kumar1 - 25 May 2011 02:50 AM

This is the first really meaningful post I have seen which focusses on the actual issue/weakness we have.

Personally I feel its a mental thing.

Lets take two scenarios and how we approach it given that Gayle gets out early:

Scenario1: We bat first

Here, it is important that we note, there will be no pressure of chasing. So if Gayle gets out early, what we should be careful of is, not to go into overcautious mode and stop scoring runs. Doesn’t mean we will have hit every ball out of the ground, but we should certainly keep rotating the strike and score at least 7 runs an over up until 11-12 overs. We are looking at 75-80 by that point without taking risks.

Do we have the quality to do that?

hell yes.. we do.. AB, Virat, Kaif , Luke certainly are capable. After the 12 over mark we can be a little more aggressive and score atleast 8-9 runs.. so whats the score we will then be looking at? 155..atleast… surely a fighting score

Scenario 2: We chase

Now this is more a tricky situation. In this case a lot of onus lies with the bowlers. they need to absolutely restrict chennai under 160. If they do, eevn without Gayle we can chase anything below 160. Please note that Luke Pomersbach is a highly under rated batsman in our ranks. He can demolish bowling attacks.

So where does the actual issue lie.. I think the Punjab match showed that.. i.e if we bowl first, concede 180+ and Gayle gets out early and we wilt under pressure.

Say suppose we do concede 180, what then!

We all know this is more a pscychological thing. As much as its wrong to restrict Gayle from scoring naturally, If I was the coach I would probably ask hi to just stay there at the crease and not take risks. why cos(again) its a psychological thing that will be there in the oppositions minds if he is there at the crease. The onus of scoring quickly should be taken by other batsmen in this case(Virat, AB,Luke can do that.. Even Asad Pathan can do that, if he is in the tem) Just that Gayle needs to stay at the crease till about 10-12 overs. Please note that thei good bowlers are only Ashwin and Bollinger and they dont bowl all the 20 overs. Other bowlers will have to bowl

well said raghu kumar , absolutely fantastic analysis !! HATS OFF

View Profile
PM

Posted: 25 May 2011 04:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Fan
aditya-kulkarni
Total Posts:  80
Joined  06/09/2009

Now,why would he fail :p

I think we’re underestimating ourselves here.
Apart from him,we do have Kohli,Ab who are in the form of their lives!
The yet to fire Tiwary,Mayank and Luke!

View Profile
PM

Posted: 25 May 2011 05:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Fan
VijayPrabhu
Total Posts:  72
Joined  11/04/2011

It is very sinple,

. .
. .
. .