Recently Cricket Australia have adopted a few rules to bring Australia team to No.1, those rules include Argus review. As part of the Argus review into Australia’s
team performance, the Cricket Australia board has announced a number of short- term and long-term steps.
The decisions include:
1) The immediate creation of a new senior management position, the general manager team performance, who will be responsible for the team, coaching, selection, Centre of
Excellence and will work with state cricket performance and talent managers.
2) The general manager operations, will continue to be responsible for scheduling, memorandum of understanding negotiations, security and anti-corruption, state and other competitions, umpires and
3) The introduction of a five-man selection panel, including a full-time chairman, two part-time selectors monitoring state cricket, and the Australian team captain and coach.
4) The national talent manager will not be a selector. The head selector will be responsible for performance management, including communication of selection policy and strategy, evaluation of and communication with individual players, including outside the national squad, co-ordination of player development plans, and succession planning.
5) A new coaching structure will be introduced, with a head coach who is also a selector. The coach will have an expanded role with greater authority and accountability, and will work with the Centre of Excellence and state associations to direct Australian cricket’s overall coaching strategy.
As a Team India Fan do you think BCCI should adopt such decisions to bring India back to No.1 ??
Thanks for reading the long post.
Feedback appreciated !!
Thank You !!
Sources : ESPNcricinfo, Cricket Australia Blogs.