Apycom jQuery Menus
-

Hot News;RCB retain gayle
Posted: 20 January 2012 01:04 PM   [ Ignore ]
Fan
knox
Total Posts:  122
Joined  14/09/2009

It wasn’t easy, but Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) have finally managed to retain the explosive Chris Gayle in their squad for the upcoming season of the Indian Premier League (IPL). Gayle, one of T20 cricket’s biggest draws, came in as replacement for Australian quick Dirk Nannes last season and helped the team to the final.

Gayle was on a one-year contract with the Vijay Mallya-owned franchisee. He had not been picked at the last auction because of a lack of clarity on his availability. However, RCB mentor Anil Kumble pulled off a coup of sorts by signing him on mid-season and Gayle promptly turned the club’s fortunes around.

With his signing, or re-signing, with RCB having been in limbo for a while, most of the teams were banking on his availability at the February auction. According to IPL rules, RCB, though, had first right of refusal and the deal was clinched with just one day left for the transfer window (which includes retaining of players) to close.

RCB were able to retain Gayle, who were being chased most by Mumbai Indians, only after they bought out the contract of South African batsman Jonathan Vandiar. IPL rules allow each team to sign a total of 11 foreigners only, one up from last season, and now Vandiar must come back into the IPL fray through the auction if he so chooses.

Last season Gayle had been signed on for $560,000 and that’s the price he will officially continue to get. This, of course, means RCB will go into the auction with that amount deducted from the total purse of $2 million. Sources hinted that Gayle would earn “much, much more” for endorsement purposes.

With Gayle out of the fray, the hottest property at the auction is expected to be India allrounder Ravinder Jadeja, with the Saurashtra player having made a convincing comeback into international cricket.

According to the list released by the IPL, England spinner Graeme Swann has the highest base price of $400,000. Australian pacer Mitchell Johnson - who hasn’t featured in the IPL so far - is also included in the list at a base price of $300,000. James Anderson too has a base price of $300,000.

View Profile
PM

Posted: 20 January 2012 01:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Fan
Total Posts:  1
Joined  20/03/2010

After much haggling, RCB retain explosive Chris Gayle
Indranil Basu and Satish Viswanathan,TNN | Jan 19, 2012, 11.40PM IST 

RCB were able to retain Chris Gayle, who were being chased most by Mumbai Indians, only after they bought out the contract of South African batsman Jonathan Vandiar. (TOI Photo)
NEW DELHI/BANGALORE: It wasn’t easy, but Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) have finally managed to retain the explosive Chris Gayle in their squad for the upcoming season of the Indian Premier League (IPL). Gayle, one of T20 cricket’s biggest draws, came in as replacement for Australian quick Dirk Nannes last season and helped the team to the final.

Gayle was on a one-year contract with the Vijay Mallya-owned franchisee. He had not been picked at the last auction because of a lack of clarity on his availability. However, RCB mentor Anil Kumble pulled off a coup of sorts by signing him on mid-season and Gayle promptly turned the club’s fortunes around.

With his signing, or re-signing, with RCB having been in limbo for a while, most of the teams were banking on his availability at the February auction. According to IPL rules, RCB, though, had first right of refusal and the deal was clinched with just one day left for the transfer window (which includes retaining of players) to close.

RCB were able to retain Gayle, who were being chased most by Mumbai Indians, only after they bought out the contract of South African batsman Jonathan Vandiar. IPL rules allow each team to sign a total of 11 foreigners only, one up from last season, and now Vandiar must come back into the IPL fray through the auction if he so chooses.

Last season Gayle had been signed on for $560,000 and that’s the price he will officially continue to get. This, of course, means RCB will go into the auction with that amount deducted from the total purse of $2 million. Sources hinted that Gayle would earn “much, much more” for endorsement purposes.

With Gayle out of the fray, the hottest property at the auction is expected to be India allrounder Ravinder Jadeja, with the Saurashtra player having made a convincing comeback into international cricket.

According to the list released by the IPL, England spinner Graeme Swann has the highest base price of $400,000. Australian pacer Mitchell Johnson - who hasn’t featured in the IPL so far - is also included in the list at a base price of $300,000. James Anderson too has a base price of $300,000.

View Profile
PM

Posted: 20 January 2012 07:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Fan
Total Posts:  609
Joined  12/03/2010

haha…  retained Gayle for mere 560k $.. 
even retained nannes n released vandir instead.. n still we have 1.45 m approx to bid.. well this is how u do business the “MALLAYA” way…
cheers to RCB..
cheers to the owners..
RCB 4 LYF.. \m/

View Profile
PM

Posted: 20 January 2012 08:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Fan
OLI
Total Posts:  241
Joined  09/10/2009

wonderful, this what i wanted, i wanted few of the guys vandiar, nuwan, rille o pomerbach to leave as dey may not get the chance to play, good decision

View Profile
PM

Posted: 20 January 2012 08:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Fan
karthik-shetty4
Total Posts:  982
Joined  10/09/2010

You should have released Nuwan Pradeep.Why you did such a wrong thing by releasing Vandiar?Vandiar was a team player,a perfect guy for T20.
It was not a good decision by Mr.Mallya.
You’ll have to repent for this.

View Profile
PM

Posted: 20 January 2012 09:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Fan
niranjan1nnn
Total Posts:  349
Joined  23/09/2011

Thank u vry much for dis post. Gayle retained. Dt too for just $560,000. Absolutely brilliant.
N v hv dirk nannes too. Wt a way to retain. Rcb rocks.
All othr franchises who wer waitin to bid on gayle wil hv to reshuffle their plans now..

Cheers rcb

View Profile
PM

Posted: 20 January 2012 09:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Fan
Total Posts:  16
Joined  06/09/2009

Thats great news for RCB in this IPL

View Profile
PM

Posted: 20 January 2012 09:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Fan
Joined  06/09/2009

So happy

View Profile
PM

Posted: 20 January 2012 09:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Fan
Total Posts:  116
Joined  07/09/2009
karthik-shetty4 - 20 January 2012 08:52 PM

You should have released Nuwan Pradeep.Why you did such a wrong thing by releasing Vandiar?Vandiar was a team player,a perfect guy for T20.

Dude apart from the top 6 foreign players dilshan daniel gayle nannes mcdonald and langeveldt it will be very hard to find places for pradeep roussouw or even vandiar.Moreover RCB were deficient in the bowling department and also the horrible form of nannes in the previous season prompted the management to retain pradeep i guess
Well done Mr.Mallya
cheers to RCB management

View Profile
PM

Posted: 20 January 2012 09:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Fan
Joined  06/09/2009

This time it’s RCB for sure

View Profile
PM

Posted: 20 January 2012 11:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Fan
karthik-shetty4
Joined  10/09/2010
udit-dinesh - 20 January 2012 09:17 PM

Dude apart from the top 6 foreign players dilshan daniel gayle nannes mcdonald and langeveldt it will be very hard to find places for pradeep roussouw or even vandiar.Moreover RCB were deficient in the bowling department and also the horrible form of nannes in the previous season prompted the management to retain pradeep i guess
Well done Mr.Mallya
cheers to RCB management

Dude you know Nuwan Pradeep gets frequently injured in practice matches only.Moreover he hasn’t performed on big stages.Jonathan Vandiar a guy who is a complete T20 package,has played on big stage ‘The Champions League’ and hit 71 on the inaugural match against the Mumbai Indians which included a beauty six against Malinga.If you have traded Pomers,I would not have felt so much,but Vandiar,a great T20 player is lost.

View Profile
PM

Posted: 21 January 2012 01:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Fan
OLI
Total Posts:  241
Joined  09/10/2009
karthik-shetty4 - 20 January 2012 11:10 PM

Well done Mr.Mallya
cheers to RCB management

Dude you know Nuwan Pradeep gets frequently injured in practice matches only.Moreover he hasn’t performed on big stages.Jonathan Vandiar a guy who is a complete T20 package,has played on big stage ‘The Champions League’ and hit 71 on the inaugural match against the Mumbai Indians which included a beauty six against Malinga.If you have traded Pomers,I would not have felt so much,but Vandiar,a great T20 player is lost.

i dont think so it will make a difference if vandiar was there or not, bcoz he would hav got a chance wen gayle, dilshan are in the squad, rille wud be a better option than him also, so good decision,

View Profile
PM

Posted: 21 January 2012 01:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Fan
Total Posts:  116
Joined  07/09/2009
karthik-shetty4 - 20 January 2012 11:10 PM

Well done Mr.Mallya
cheers to RCB management

Im not trying to suggest that pradeep is better than vandiar im just saying that with top international players like dilshan ab daniel gayle nannes mcdonald and langeveldt i dont think anyone else will get a chance so it dosent matter that much

View Profile
PM

Posted: 21 January 2012 02:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Fan
Total Posts:  609
Joined  12/03/2010

the deal is done.. let’s move on…. smile

View Profile
PM

Posted: 21 January 2012 03:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Fan
Total Posts:  1246
Joined  29/08/2011

it is very good news. now one big thing is over. now next job to get vinay and akhil from auction

View Profile
PM

Posted: 21 January 2012 07:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Fan
abhi-n
Total Posts:  177
Joined  07/05/2011

100% agreed.
Nuwan pradeep pulls his hamstring for every 1 session of practise match. Pomersbach is a drug addict & stopped playing for western aus domestic season.
With such two useless blokes, y did they drop VANDIAR? a foolish idea, TBH.

For those who told only 6 overseas players are enough, take a hike. Seriously are you aware of something called as injuries in cricket? Dilshan will leave in middle of IPL to play for SL. Vettori has a hamstring problem which keeps araising regularly. WHAT WILL YOU DO WHEN ALL SUCH HAPPEN ALLTOGETHER??
IPL GC is not foolish to provide 11 overseas slots, they are essential.
Atleast 10 are to be filled.
Rossouw, Vandiar are SA’s next generation of cricketers, a gem of a players. If you don’t know please stop ranting over them.

We have lost a cent percent team player & a raw talent. Thank god they did not drop Rilee Rossouw, he is SA’s next big thing.

For those who don’t know about Rossouw, he is just a mirror image of Kohli. Terrific fileder and a team player. Stop moaning to drop them.

View Profile
PM

Posted: 21 January 2012 08:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Fan
Total Posts:  270
Joined  05/04/2010

Gayle is IN .... Thats gud news no worries !!!

View Profile
PM

Posted: 21 January 2012 08:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Fan
Total Posts:  233
Joined  19/05/2011

Oh MY GOD!!!! When I opened this topic, I felt my finger burning….

View Profile
PM

Posted: 21 January 2012 08:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Fan
karthik-shetty4
Joined  10/09/2010

Dude I agree to you.Vandiar was a team player.He is a fantastic T20 player.What the hell all are thinking?Over-dependance on Gayle again.
It not RCB vs other teams,it’s Gayle vs other teams.
Please support the team genuinely,not for any player.
We need loyal fans as it was filled upto last year.
And one who thinks that leaving Vandiar from RCB is fruitful,he/she is absolutely wrong.
Already absence of Ross Taylor is eating me and now losing a genuine player.
Why they didn’t dropped Pradeep or Pomers?Useless guys.
One those who think that Rossouw and Vandiar are waste,please watch CLT20 2009 and 2010 matches.
And please don’t only write bigness about Gayle,please even write something about the team.
And remember my words,“RCB can do wonders even without Gayle if we have true spirit of winning,Unity and Belly in the fire to win.That’s what a real challenger is expected to have in himself.”

View Profile
PM

Posted: 21 January 2012 08:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Fan
karthik-shetty4
Joined  10/09/2010
STUNN - 21 January 2012 08:20 AM

Gayle is IN .... Thats gud news no worries !!!

@STUNN,a question to you being an avid Protea fan.
Do you think Vandiar and Rossouw are waste.
Like me,you also have watched their performances?What do you think?
All of them are not taking these guys seriously.

View Profile
PM

Posted: 21 January 2012 08:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Fan
Total Posts:  233
Joined  19/05/2011
karthik-shetty4 - 21 January 2012 08:26 AM

Dude I agree to you.Vandiar was a team player.He is a fantastic T20 player.What the hell all are thinking?Over-dependance on Gayle again.
It not RCB vs other teams,it’s Gayle vs other teams.
Please support the team genuinely,not for any player.
We need loyal fans as it was filled upto last year.
And one who thinks that leaving Vandiar from RCB is fruitful,he/she is absolutely wrong.
Already absence of Ross Taylor is eating me and now losing a genuine player.
Why they didn’t dropped Pradeep or Pomers?Useless guys.
One those who think that Rossouw and Vandiar are waste,please watch CLT20 2009 and 2010 matches.
And please don’t only write bigness about Gayle,please even write something about the team.
And remember my words,“RCB can do wonders even without Gayle if we have true spirit of winning,Unity and Belly in the fire to win.That’s what a real challenger is expected to have in himself.”

Yeah, I agree to you, Just having Gayle dosen’t mean we will win the IPL TROPHY. We need some balanced players too. Not weak’os like
Saurabh Tiwary…Yeah wait a minute, thinking….thinking….’‘RAINA RCB’‘....:D LOL…xD

View Profile
PM

Fast Reply