Apycom jQuery Menus

Cheteshwar Pujara-The stabilizer for Royal Challengers…..
Posted: 24 January 2012 10:35 AM   [ Ignore ]
Fan
karthik-shetty4
Total Posts:  982
Joined  10/09/2010

Absence of Jacques Kallis and Rahul Dravid may be hurting RCB in some way or the other.But can’t do anything now.
Now if you consider the present team,we have a good set of players but an innings stabilizer is a shortage.
We have a stabilizer in the team itself and he is Cheteshwar Pujara.
I’m not trying to compare Pujara with Kallis or Dravid.I’m just trying to say how to use this guy.
Anyone who thinks is waste,I want to tell you that he is the future of Indian Cricket and he is a boon to RCB.
He can play well with decent techniques under pressure.Remember his innings 25(15) with three fours against the ferocious attack of Steyn and spin maestro Amit Mishra supporting Virat Kohli and giving out 100%.
This guy is running out of chances.Playing him at no.7 is not a good idea.
He should open along with Gayle so that when one guy is rising,another is stabilizing the innings and score few runs for the team.

Many fans are even telling to trade him.I bet you all when he’ll be a successful guy in future,all of you(even those who consider him as waste)will become his fans and consider him as favourite player.I’m already a big fan of his and consider him as a worthy pick by RCB.But for the time being,please have some patience,he’ll deliver for RCB for sure.

He deserves a chance indeed.
He is a guy to watchout for.
Comeon Pujara,make it to the team.
Cheers RCB!!!!

View Profile
PM

Posted: 24 January 2012 01:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Fan
OLI
Total Posts:  241
Joined  09/10/2009

rightly said karthick, i always said if pujara plays he should open the innings

View Profile
PM

Posted: 24 January 2012 01:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Fan
Mavbalap
Total Posts:  75
Joined  18/04/2011

Good one Karthik…..Pujara is pure class. He is the next Dravid and there is nothing wrong in comparing him to Kallis or Dravid. It’s just that Dravid and Kallis have 15 plus years of experience along with 10,000 plus runs in tests and Pujara is just starting out. Pujara was unlucky last year and his batting position did not do justice to his talent. RCB made him bat at number 7 and yes he did play a fine knock against Deccan who have the best bowling unit among the IPL teams. RCB must back this young talent and make him bat with Gayle as his opening partner or at least at number 3 where he can solidify the innings. All those fans who criticize Pujara must feel ashamed of themselves if they call him a waste. Pujara is not a tennis ball playing gully cricketer but rather a true orthodox batsmen. I challenge anyone who disagrees with me as far as Pujara’s class is concerned. He has good footwork and his bat speed is very fast. Just type in Pujara on youtube and watch some of his shots, he is a treat to watch. Dhoni has a very fast bat speed and we all know about Dhoni’s destructive powers. If people watch Pujara’s bat speed, they will realize that this guy is not some ordinary bloke but rather someone to watch out for in the future. Team RCB please pick Pujara in the team and send him up the order. We let Dravid go to Rajasthan but we should not repeat the same mistake now and do something dumb like trade Pujara or make him sit on the bench.

View Profile
PM

Posted: 26 January 2012 10:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Fan
abhi-n
Total Posts:  177
Joined  07/05/2011

Good post Karthik!
Indeed, a lesson to few ‘fans’ to convey that RCB is not only Gayle, Kohli, etc.
If the stalwarts retire, he is next big thing in tests for India. A pure class.

I would recommend to play him on slow tracks like cheapuk, Hyd, etc.

The main problem with RCB they don’t rotate players which makes the bench a bit pressureless!

We should keep rotating! Rest Ab for 1 game and try other overseas player and so on. Just to to make sure continous games dont burden the players.
Good post, keep them coming! Cheers smile

View Profile
PM

Posted: 26 January 2012 11:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Fan
abhi-n
Total Posts:  177
Joined  07/05/2011
Mavbalap - 24 January 2012 01:19 PM

Good one Karthik…..Pujara is pure class. He is the next Dravid and there is nothing wrong in comparing him to Kallis or Dravid. It’s just that Dravid and Kallis have 15 plus years of experience along with 10,000 plus runs in tests and Pujara is just starting out. Pujara was unlucky last year and his batting position did not do justice to his talent. RCB made him bat at number 7 and yes he did play a fine knock against Deccan who have the best bowling unit among the IPL teams. RCB must back this young talent and make him bat with Gayle as his opening partner or at least at number 3 where he can solidify the innings. All those fans who criticize Pujara must feel ashamed of themselves if they call him a waste. Pujara is not a tennis ball playing gully cricketer but rather a true orthodox batsmen. I challenge anyone who disagrees with me as far as Pujara’s class is concerned. He has good footwork and his bat speed is very fast. Just type in Pujara on youtube and watch some of his shots, he is a treat to watch. Dhoni has a very fast bat speed and we all know about Dhoni’s destructive powers. If people watch Pujara’s bat speed, they will realize that this guy is not some ordinary bloke but rather someone to watch out for in the future. Team RCB please pick Pujara in the team and send him up the order. We let Dravid go to Rajasthan but we should not repeat the same mistake now and do something dumb like trade Pujara or make him sit on the bench.

wunderbar! You have nailed it!

View Profile
PM

Posted: 27 January 2012 01:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Fan
niranjan1nnn
Total Posts:  349
Joined  23/09/2011

Pujara is d future 1st down of indian test cricket. He is a very talented n technically strong batsman.
Bt wit little low strike rate in par wit t20 cricket, d numbr 6 r 7 position doesnt suit him wel. In order to exploit his ful potential,its bettr to push him up d order,so dt he cud b used as an innings stabilizer. Considrin d facts dt kohli n abd playin in 3rd n 4th positions,which suits dem d best,d only position wher pujara cn b fitted is 1 r 2. Thus he can b used to open d innings wit chris gayle.

View Profile
PM

Posted: 27 January 2012 02:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Fan
OLI
Total Posts:  241
Joined  09/10/2009

pujara was an opener so he wudnt hav any prob opening the innings, i just hope he opens and stabilies the innings

View Profile
PM

Posted: 27 January 2012 05:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Fan
Total Posts:  609
Joined  12/03/2010

he can be really useful to us.. we shouldn’t waste him.. he is immensely talented but he can improve his fielding.. smile

View Profile
PM

Posted: 27 January 2012 09:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Fan
psbb
Total Posts:  116
Joined  30/01/2011

No way he should be dropped,  rather he should be given a permanent position.  I feel he is as talented as Kohli and much more compact,  just that he should have some luck with injuries not chasing him.

View Profile
PM

Fast Reply