Apycom jQuery Menus
-

CHRIS GAYLE
Posted: 26 January 2012 03:30 AM   [ Ignore ]
Fan
Mavbalap
Total Posts:  75
Joined  18/04/2011

Dear fellows RCB’ians…..we all know that Gayle is our star performer as he can change the game in a matter of 10 minutes. Sometimes he only needs one over to change the momentum of the game. The fact is, most teams already know about how dangerous he can be and hence try and attack him from the very start. Teams use their slower bowlers to bowl to Gayle as he is vulnerable in the beginning. There have been times when Gayle has fallen in the very first over or very early in the innings and RCB has struggled after that. Do you all think that it may be a good idea for TEAM RCB to send Gayle at number 3. I know that I will face a lot of criticism for suggesting the idea but please think about the surprise element involved in this strategy.
If Team RCB are serious about winning the IPL 5, then they have to shed off their over-dependence on Gayle and play as a team. If possible they should play Gayle for the crucial matches and make him sit out in some games so that the other members of the team will be able to display team spirit. Gayle is the comfort zone for Team RCB and in order to win as a team we need to get out of our comfort zone.

View Profile
PM

Posted: 26 January 2012 04:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Fan
niranjan1nnn
Total Posts:  349
Joined  23/09/2011

Its very true dt rcb is ovr dependent on gayle.Bt its a vry foolish idea,nt to play gayle in d playin 11.Wen v hv a gud resourse,v mst use it.Meanwhile, it reduces d momentum of d playr if he s seated.Der r many othr methods to get rid of ovr dependency,which includes developin d confidence n strengthenin d middle ordr.
N it doesnt mean v r in a vry comfort zone if gayle plays.Sydney thundr gaind 7th in d table,evnthough playin gayle.Evnthough 1 man cn turn d game,evry day s nt sunday.V mst need a gud team

View Profile
PM

Posted: 26 January 2012 08:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Fan
Total Posts:  116
Joined  07/09/2009

good indian players can be developed by picking them when in form and also better pre ipl camps in which more practice matches should be there rather than training is involved cos all of them are professional cricketers and know their job its just about getting their rhythm and timing at the right time gayle at 3 is an interesting idea but it cannot be implemented effextively unless we have solid openers other than him dilshan has looked shaky and we are yet to find an indian opener to fill the slot!!!

View Profile
PM

Posted: 26 January 2012 08:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Fan
karthik-shetty4
Total Posts:  982
Joined  10/09/2010

Good post.This was all I wanted to say.
Over dependance on Gayle is a bad thing.This thing *Overdependance* was helpful for Gayle to demand for more money as he knew our condition will be worse if he doesn’t sign for us.
*Harsh but a true fact,please try to understand this and accept this thing as fast as possible.*
Gayle thought that we are nothing without him and this would help him to extract more money from the management.
Agreed Gayle is a great guy and a well-disciplined player in the field and even I’m a fan of his but *no player is bigger than a team* as Viru says.Learn to support the team even at crunch situations,not only in winning situations.
I would ask you to become an RCB fan,not a Gayle-Kohli fan(I’m sorry to Gayle and Kohli’s die hard fans for this statement).
Expecting team performances and not individual performances this year around.

Very very very few people know about domestic heroes in our side.Even I have seen people suggesting to trade Agarwal and Aravind.What to say about these guys I don’t know!
Still now,I believe 95% of fans support RCB only for Gayle,Kohli,de Villiers and RCB’s winning streak and don’t know much about other players.
Sorry to say but RCB website have even lost the glory and fans along with the team a bit.But can’t bargain about it.
We are RCBians.We are not less than champions.
Sorry to all who are angry by this post.

Cheers RCB !!!!

View Profile
PM

Posted: 26 January 2012 09:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Fan
niranjan1nnn
Joined  23/09/2011

Accordin to me, majority of people support rcb becoz it s representin our home state.N its natural evryone wants thier team winnin.N am sure gayle didnt hd mor fans b4 he playd fr rcb.Its also true v need gud team.Nevr forget aravind ws our key wkt takr at ipl4 wit a strike rate f 13.1.He jst hd som bd time at clt20.A team spirit wil b at its peak wn der won b any distinguishes inside d team.Lakh f unity wil lead to failure as jamaica playrs stated sday.If a playr s playin wel,othrs shud support him.

View Profile
PM

Posted: 26 January 2012 11:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Fan
abhi-n
Total Posts:  177
Joined  07/05/2011

@Mavbalap: every word in the post sounds true! Words of a true RCBfan! Cheers!

@Karthik: those who suggests of trading Mayank, Aravind, etc please don’t consider their words. Our mgmt has made a mistake by letting Pandey, RD, Robie, etc if we let away a few local players, then no point in calling it as Bangalore team.
Play/No play we need to have local players in our team, to justify “Royal Challengers Bangalore”.

View Profile
PM

Posted: 26 January 2012 01:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Fan
Mavbalap
Total Posts:  75
Joined  18/04/2011

When Gayle fails, the score card reads like this: Gayle scored 5 in the CLT20 final and look at the rest of the batting. The score card looks like a phone number. Team RCB fought hard in the tournament and then played the finals in Chennai-a pitch that is so fickle. We should have beaten Mumbai Indians, tough luck. The below batting line-up can bat up to Bhatkal -a player who is a decent all-rounder for our team.

TM Dilshan   b Malinga   27  
  CH Gayle   lbw b Harbhajan Singh   5
    V Kohli   c Blizzard b Harbhajan Singh   11  
    MA Agarwal   c Pollard b Chahal   14  
  SS Tiwary   c Harbhajan Singh b Ahmed   17  
    KB Arun Karthik†    c Pollard b Chahal   0  
    M Kaif   c Kanwar b Pollard   3  
    DL Vettori*    st †Rayudu b Harbhajan Singh   1  
    RR Bhatkal   c Sathish b Ahmed   6  
    S Aravind   b Malinga   4  
  DP Nannes   not out   0  
  Extras   (b 4, lb 1, w 14, nb 1)    20              

Total   (all out; 19.2 overs; 95 mins)    108   (5.58 runs per over)

Now let us take a look at IPL 4 finals which was played in Chennai as well. Chennai won the toss and chose to bat first and ended up scoring a mammoth 205 and below is our RCB’s response. Gayle got out for a duck and after that it was all over. Chennai were celebrating as if the match was over when Ashwin got Gayle out for a duck.

MA Agarwal   b Ashwin   10  
CH Gayle   c †Dhoni b Ashwin   0  
V Kohli   lbw b Raina   35  
AB de Villiers†    lbw b Jakati   18  
LA Pomersbach   c & b Jakati   2  
SS Tiwary   not out   42  
DL Vettori*    c & b Ashwin   0
A Mithun   c Bollinger b Bravo   11  
Z Khan   c Hussey b Bollinger   21      
J Syed Mohammad   not out   2  
  Extras   (b 2, lb 2, w 1, nb 1)    6              

Total   (8 wickets; 20 overs)    147   (7.35 runs per over)
Did not bat S Aravind

Gayle failed very little and actually achieved much more. He made some huge scores and won us matches on his own. But he failed on the most crucial days-the finals of IPL 4 and CLT20 respectively. The case of so near but yet so far. Now our beloved RCB is called the Royal Chokers of Bangalore. If RCB has the guts, then it should ask Gayle to sit out in some matches and give a chance to Rilee Rossouw- a destructive South African young batsmen who will be the future star for the SA team. I am a big fan of Gayle but we cannot afford to overuse our star player. We need to test our bench strength and back every player.

View Profile
PM

Posted: 26 January 2012 08:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Fan
kaushiki
Total Posts:  202
Joined  17/03/2011
karthik-shetty4 - 26 January 2012 08:58 AM

Good post.This was all I wanted to say.
Over dependance on Gayle is a bad thing.This thing *Overdependance* was helpful for Gayle to demand for more money as he knew our condition will be worse if he doesn’t sign for us.
*Harsh but a true fact,please try to understand this and accept this thing as fast as possible.*
Gayle thought that we are nothing without him and this would help him to extract more money from the management.
Agreed Gayle is a great guy and a well-disciplined player in the field and even I’m a fan of his but *no player is bigger than a team* as Viru says.Learn to support the team even at crunch situations,not only in winning situations.
I would ask you to become an RCB fan,not a Gayle-Kohli fan(I’m sorry to Gayle and Kohli’s die hard fans for this statement).
Expecting team performances and not individual performances this year around.

Very very very few people know about domestic heroes in our side.Even I have seen people suggesting to trade Agarwal and Aravind.What to say about these guys I don’t know!
Still now,I believe 95% of fans support RCB only for Gayle,Kohli,de Villiers and RCB’s winning streak and don’t know much about other players.
Sorry to say but RCB website have even lost the glory and fans along with the team a bit.But can’t bargain about it.
We are RCBians.We are not less than champions.
Sorry to all who are angry by this post.

yup ...
agree with your views….
Overdependance is a bad thing…
Even if Gayle doesn’t click…...RCB can win the matches…

Cheers RCB !!!!

View Profile
PM

Posted: 27 January 2012 12:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Fan
niranjan1nnn
Joined  23/09/2011

Friends,remembr d match against redbacks in clt20.It ws a must win match to entr into semis,n v won by hittin a six of d last bal by chasin a mammoth score f 215.Dilshan 74,kohli 70,gayle 23. Evnthough gayle faild, v scord 215, n dts shud b d attitude. Don loose confidence n keep on scorin. Dts d way to reduce ovrdependency. Wtevr, d ultimate goal s to win d matches. It doesnt mean v hv to seat our bst playr wn he s in form, n loose matches. Givin Rest s a gud thin.Bt seatin d best wn in need s a bad idea.

View Profile
PM

Posted: 27 January 2012 12:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Fan
niranjan1nnn
Joined  23/09/2011

My dear friends, If v wan to groom a future star, if v want to provide opportunities fr an upcomin talent, den i wish dt star wud b an indian. Becoz v hv only 4 ovrseas slots in d playin 11, n v hv to use it wisely. Provide d opportunities fr our guys like agarwal, pujara, appanna, amit, akhil, syed, raju, vinay, aravind, mithun, ayyappa, dhiman etc. Let dem b d futur stars. V don hv to groom som othr country’s futur stars. V hv only 4 slots n let us use dem fr d best v hv.

View Profile
PM

Posted: 27 January 2012 02:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Fan
Total Posts:  609
Joined  12/03/2010

but one thing is for sure.. our team will be more mature this time around..  i expect tiwari and pujara to shine even mayank as a matter of fact… n AB won’t be out of touch unlike last tym..  the only concern is the bowling..

View Profile
PM

Posted: 27 January 2012 02:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Fan
OLI
Total Posts:  241
Joined  09/10/2009

rightly said puneet

View Profile
PM

Posted: 27 January 2012 08:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Fan
Total Posts:  236
Joined  17/11/2010

not a bad idea but…. rite 4m his begining of career gayle has played oly openeing… so let him continue in d same comfortable position…..

View Profile
PM

Posted: 27 January 2012 10:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Fan
Total Posts:  1245
Joined  29/08/2011

ya i also think samething. gayle should play power play overs and get some runs for rcb

View Profile
PM

Fast Reply

‹‹ Mascot      team comp ››