Apycom jQuery Menus
-

Good show in IPL can bring me back in the contention, states Mohammad Kaif!
Posted: 11 April 2012 11:47 PM   [ Ignore ]
Fan
smbhayi
Total Posts:  138
Joined  29/05/2011

KAIF
on Friday at 02:21pm

There was a time when Mohammad Kaif was considered as pivotal of Indian batting attack, but now it has been a while since he was even in the reckoning for a national berth. Though he is a consistent performer at the domestic level, the national call-up, it seems, has equally consistently passed him by.
After yet another successful domestic season, though, Kaif is now gearing up for the Indian Premier League (IPL), and says he wants to play a bigger role for Royal Challengers Bangalore .
Over the years, there has been no fixed role for the Uttar Pradesh batsman but now he wants to give his best whenever he gets an opportunity. “Ideally, I would like anchor the innings much like Dravid , Kallis , Gambhir and Kohli . I feel I cando that job,” Kaif told the sources. Talking about his chance in the Indian team, he said to have stopped thinking about whether he will get to be in the Indian team or not.
“I just keep improving my skills and work hard on my fitness. I have performed consistently, which wasn’t the case earlier. But now things have started falling in place for me. I’ve been around for almost 13 years and that experience is helping me. I would have stopped playing had I lost the hope. I am as fit as 20 or 22 year-old. If I do well in IPL, I can get back into the contention,” he said.
Well, we hope you do Kaif!
Source: TNN

View Profile
PM

Posted: 12 April 2012 01:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Fan
Total Posts:  236
Joined  17/11/2010

all the best kaif

View Profile
PM

Posted: 12 April 2012 08:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Fan
harsh-mehta
Total Posts:  16
Joined  28/03/2012

i dont think so kaif

View Profile
PM

Posted: 12 April 2012 08:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Fan
Total Posts:  196
Joined  29/03/2010

kaif hav to come for RCB…

View Profile
PM

Posted: 12 April 2012 09:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Fan
thejas-krishh
Total Posts:  277
Joined  01/02/2012

yeah get tiwary out of the team n give him a chance…..

View Profile
PM

Fast Reply