Posted: 23 November 2009 12:54 AM   [ Ignore ]
Administrator
Fan
Total Posts:  100
Joined  10/09/2009

Lots of discussion on this in FB.

Pros: less awkward & gives meetup a better sense and direction

Not-Pros: more fun to just meet and talk about cricket

Suggestion: bit of both? 10-20 minute ‘update.’ Suggestion/Feedback sheet gets passed around. THEN talk about cricket?

View Profile
PM

Posted: 23 November 2009 02:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Fanatic Fan
Total Posts:  13
Joined  18/09/2009

Yes, bit of both but more on the direction and how we can make this one of the best sports communities in India. We have a long way to go and these meet ups should primarily focus on discussing these things. The discussion on taking the community to 150 odd fans by Jan is a good one. All meet ups should be followed by a MOM (minutes of the meet) and circulated to all fans. Don’t restrict this to only site and FB. A mail should be sent to all registered fans. There are many fans who don’t even access FB and some don’t visit the site very often. A mail might help. Invite suggestions and ideas on the points that were discussed during the meets. Take the ones that are feasible, come up with a action plan and timeline. Ideally all implementation should happen from the agency front.

Need some publicity for these events. These can also server as new member induction platforms where they are formally inducted in to the community with some RCB merchandise like a Jersey or anything else. But meet ups for just some discussion on cricket and few mugs of beers are not going to help us move anywhere.

From my point of view, these are few areas to focus

1. Improve the performance of the site. I have already sent a report to Sridhar on this. Let me know if you want me to forward it to you as well?

2. How do we get current inactive fans active? eNewsletter is a good idea. This was suggested by Vinayak during the competition itself but yet to materialize. You guys can roll out a draft and get the feedback from the fans. Then take it from there.

3. How do we add more new fans and keep them active through the tournament?

4. Focus on building fanbase in all venues that RCB is going to play. These are the other venues that RCB will play other than Bangalore. In most of the venues we already have few fans. Easy to build from there.

Kolkotta
Mumbai / Nagpur
Chennai
Mohali
Delhi
Hyd
Jaipur

We need atleast 2-3 events at big scale at each of these cities before the tournament starts. Planning needs to begin soon.

5. A member from EC should be part of all future events. This is just my thought.

6. Plan events well in advance and have proper communication / logistics / budgets in place

Will send if there are any more. Other fans can add.

Cheers
Siva A N

View Profile
PM

Posted: 23 November 2009 12:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Fan
Total Posts:  11
Joined  16/09/2009

Hey..D meet up sounds gud n so do Siva’s suggestions…may b we can work on it…n discuss it in detail in meet ups n then execute some plans…its all gud when we discuss n come up with ideas…wht is imp is to get d work done n get in action…so let’s make sure sumthin happens…

View Profile
PM

Posted: 23 November 2009 09:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Fanatic Fan
Total Posts:  3
Joined  07/09/2009

Well, noting all that we have discussed on this thread, it is very important to build and share the action plan for IPL 3 asap. Siva, building teams in the cities we would play is a great idea, but I have my own reservations on what we would achieve for IPL3 the way we are going. Hope we dont end up again keying in on FB and the website!!!

View Profile
PM

Posted: 24 November 2009 02:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Administrator
Fan
Joined  10/09/2009

(Sample) Agenda for Mumbai Meetup 3 - this weekend

First 30-45 minutes:
1. Introductions
2. Everyone share a cricket moment/cricket incident
3. Choose a recent news topic to discuss
4. Suggestions/ideas etc.
5. Make plans for next meet up

After that:
Talk cricket/watch cricket and be merry

-Instead of more feedback, please come up with a detailed agenda. add to this or come up with your own.

View Profile
PM

Posted: 24 November 2009 02:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Administrator
Fan
Joined  10/09/2009
SivaAN - 23 November 2009 02:51 AM

Ideally all implementation should happen from the agency front.

Personally, I have reservations about this. If the idea is to give Fans the power - shouldn’t fans be the ones driving the meetups et al? I feel my role is to facilitate. Help get fans in touch with each other. Help get the discounts in place. As per everyone’s suggestions, getting publicity for the event. The meetups can’t all be about ‘what RCB should do to get us active’ but ‘what we fans want, and what we should tell rcb to give us’

thoughts?

View Profile
PM

Posted: 25 November 2009 05:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Fanatic Fan
Joined  18/09/2009

@ Nidhi,

This is what I meant. Take for example the eNewsletter itself. Fans can come up with ideas and suggestions. So who does the design / content / roll out etc? Agency right???

Also one of the fans was asked to pool in money to do a hard copy newsletter. I am not sure if what he said was true. If it is true, why should a fan pool in money to get things done. So is it not agency’s responsibility to ponder about the idea, its feasibility, cost and then get the required things done like budget, logistics etc??? If it is not feasible, scrap the idea initially itself.

Another example…website performance. I have given the report to your team with analysis and recommendations. Now it’s up to your tech team to implement it. Jayshree has forwarding it to the respective team.

This is what I meant in terms of implementation should happen from agency front.

Siva A N

View Profile
PM

Posted: 25 November 2009 06:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Administrator
Fan
Joined  10/09/2009

hard copy newsletter - no, fans were never asked to pool in money. it’s a fan generated idea - agency should work to help fans make it happen - but once the agency takes over, we’re taking power away from fans, no?

View Profile
PM

Posted: 25 November 2009 06:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Fanatic Fan
Joined  18/09/2009

The agency needs to take over where it needs to and in all the scenarios that I have mentioned, I think it makes sense.

With regards to pooling in money, I just told what I heard from the FAN…

Siva A N

View Profile
PM

Posted: 25 November 2009 09:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Fanatic Fan
Total Posts:  3
Joined  07/09/2009

@ Nidhi, Enewsletter is not a herculean task to start with, however, we have spent more time discussing what we need to do than starting the process. Let us understand that we are all Fanatic Fans of RCB, EC has been entrusted to drive the process with commercial interest. So I honestly feel that every idea needs to be implemented by the agency with the co-operation of fans of course. As I always have believed that it is only in give and take atmosphere ideas are refined and perfected, we should follow the same theory grin

View Profile
PM

Posted: 21 September 2012 07:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Fan
Total Posts:  2042
Joined  18/08/2011

YA SURELY IT SHOULD HAV

View Profile
PM

Fast Reply