Yes, bit of both but more on the direction and how we can make this one of the best sports communities in India. We have a long way to go and these meet ups should primarily focus on discussing these things. The discussion on taking the community to 150 odd fans by Jan is a good one. All meet ups should be followed by a MOM (minutes of the meet) and circulated to all fans. Don’t restrict this to only site and FB. A mail should be sent to all registered fans. There are many fans who don’t even access FB and some don’t visit the site very often. A mail might help. Invite suggestions and ideas on the points that were discussed during the meets. Take the ones that are feasible, come up with a action plan and timeline. Ideally all implementation should happen from the agency front.
Need some publicity for these events. These can also server as new member induction platforms where they are formally inducted in to the community with some RCB merchandise like a Jersey or anything else. But meet ups for just some discussion on cricket and few mugs of beers are not going to help us move anywhere.
From my point of view, these are few areas to focus
1. Improve the performance of the site. I have already sent a report to Sridhar on this. Let me know if you want me to forward it to you as well?
2. How do we get current inactive fans active? eNewsletter is a good idea. This was suggested by Vinayak during the competition itself but yet to materialize. You guys can roll out a draft and get the feedback from the fans. Then take it from there.
3. How do we add more new fans and keep them active through the tournament?
4. Focus on building fanbase in all venues that RCB is going to play. These are the other venues that RCB will play other than Bangalore. In most of the venues we already have few fans. Easy to build from there.
Mumbai / Nagpur
We need atleast 2-3 events at big scale at each of these cities before the tournament starts. Planning needs to begin soon.
5. A member from EC should be part of all future events. This is just my thought.
6. Plan events well in advance and have proper communication / logistics / budgets in place
Will send if there are any more. Other fans can add.
Siva A N