Apycom jQuery Menus

Why not Split Captaincy and give Virat a chance to lead in tests? Why not play different players for tests?
Posted: 29 October 2012 05:44 PM   [ Ignore ]
Fan
kayle
Total Posts:  14
Joined  30/04/2011

Splitting the captaincy has been in the debate since the debacles of England and Australia tour. No doubt MS Dhoni is a Good Captain and also a Wicket keeper batsman. Of course there is certainly a problem replacing him because there is no good substitute for this wicket keeper batsman, whose strike rate is more than 150 in T20’s and 120 in ODI’s and averages are also good.

We must not forget how Michael Vaughan and Graeme Smith were appointed as the captains for their respective countries, out of all odds at a very young age. South Africa and England have history of selecting young captain, so that they can stay with the team for a longer period. India needs a better Captain and also young in tests.

It is evident that some players can be considered lucky to be included in the test team like MSD and Raina, to give respect to the selectors. Everybody knows what kind of temperament it requires to play in tests. Is this the result of advent of T20’s and playing too many matches of shorter formats of the game. If that is the case then why not try different players for different format.

Some players are basking under the likes of Chairman and other selectors as well. Maybe it’s time to move on and learn from other countries. Why not try and experiment rather than not making different moves and just hope for the Best?

View Profile
PM

Posted: 29 October 2012 09:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Fan
Total Posts:  185
Joined  28/05/2011

nt virat..he is still young..though v think hismatured nd yes he is bt it needs experience….i love him bt still…i love the teams i support 2..moreover i dont want his dream run to get lost whn he takes up d responsibility..he is best as vice capt..nd vl b d best capt later,on his career,, smile

View Profile
PM

Fast Reply