2 of 3
First Topic -RCB XI
Posted: 09 March 2013 08:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Fan
Ishatanu18
Total Posts:  154
Joined  17/05/2012
gaaaylestorm - 06 March 2013 03:17 PM

i feel a tournament should be conducted among the 33 players n de top performing players should be selected…....... dis season v should not select de team based on de merit of their past

I agree…..every nook n corner of their skill must be examined n the team should be chosen wisely!

View Profile
PM

Posted: 10 March 2013 03:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Fan
joshil-raj1
Total Posts:  131
Joined  22/01/2013

Chris gayle
  Being one of the most lethal batsman in this format of the game chris is a yes-yes
  all the way(obviously!)

2. Cheteshwar Pujara

Pujara maybe rated a test player..but he is in the form of his life..opening
  for rcb would mean the wonderful value for his brilliant strokes during the power
  -play overs(much like dravid or rahane for rr in the first six overs)

3.Virat Kohli

The best position for our captain,with his gem of a talent and energy to lead us
  all the way from position 3

4.AB de villiers

AB is one of the most versatile batsman and can certainly give us a required run
  -rate boost in the middle order..last season he would come down at no5 with a few
  overs left and when the team would be struggling…no4 would mean AB can bat for a
  longer period..so that our best batsman play longer..

5.Mayank Agarwal

Though this young batsman could do well as an opener, i think he adds more solidity in the middle order..and he can hit big shots and steal the game from the opposition..

6.Saurabh tiwary/Sheldon jackson

We could do no harm in giving tiwary a few more chances..but if he fails to impress i believe its hight time we go for sheldon,who is a fiery wicket keeper batsman..his inculsion also let ab field in the covers,saving a lot more runs for us!as we saw him do last season when arun karthik was played)

7.Moises Henriques/Daniel christian
Absolute two handy allrounders at this format..they could come at no.7 and slog at everything,giving a boost the last couple of overs,and handy with the ball too,these two are amazing fielders!

8.Vinay Kumar

Our own local boy would be rearing to do well and impress the national selectors…he is a very economical bowler at this format and probably good enough to spearhead the rcb pace attack in the absence of zak

9.Murali Karthik
In the absence of vettori, i think murali karthik would be his successor in the spin department along with muralitharan..his cricketing knowledge and cricketing experience will add much inspiration for younger bowlers,in the absence of zak and he could also guide virat in tactical changes…

10.RP singh/ Zaheer khan

Zaheer’s comeback might be a bit unlikely this season..and the rcb team management has found a perfect solution for that in rp singh..although he might not be in the best of forms,we need to keep in mind his ability and remind ourselves that he is the second highest wickettaker in all of ipl..jaydev unadkat might also be worth a try if rp singh continues his bad form…

11. Muttaih Muralitharan

The spin wizard as he is known adds great value to the much required spin dept in the game.Being the most dangerous spinner in the game, he would Rcb would look to play him in all the matches and on all surfaces..(also,recall he had a four wicket haul in chinnaswamy- a fast track with nothing much for spinners)

View Profile
PM

Posted: 11 March 2013 06:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Fan
Ferdelance
Total Posts:  347
Joined  21/03/2010

i feel a tournament should be conducted among the 33 players n de top performing players should be selected…....... dis season v should not select de team based on de merit of their past

its impractical cause foreign players dont have time for trail tournaments and morever the players are signed based on their past merit

View Profile
PM

Posted: 11 March 2013 02:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Fan
Total Posts:  233
Joined  19/05/2011
joshil-raj1 - 10 March 2013 03:40 PM

Chris gayle
  Being one of the most lethal batsman in this format of the game chris is a yes-yes
  all the way(obviously!)

2. Cheteshwar Pujara

for rcb would mean the wonderful value for his brilliant strokes during the power

3.Virat Kohli

The best position for our captain,with his gem of a talent and energy to lead us

4.AB de villiers

AB is one of the most versatile batsman and can certainly give us a required run
  -rate boost in the middle order..last season he would come down at no5 with a few
  overs left and when the team would be struggling…no4 would mean AB can bat for a

5.Mayank Agarwal

Though this young batsman could do well as an opener, i think he adds more solidity in the middle order..and he can hit big shots and steal the game from the opposition..

We could do no harm in giving tiwary a few more chances..but if he fails to impress i believe its hight time we go for sheldon,who is a fiery wicket keeper batsman..his inculsion also let ab field in the covers,saving a lot more runs for us!as we saw him do last season when arun karthik was played)

Absolute two handy allrounders at this format..they could come at no.7 and slog at everything,giving a boost the last couple of overs,and handy with the ball too,these two are amazing fielders!

8.Vinay Kumar

Our own local boy would be rearing to do well and impress the national selectors…he is a very economical bowler at this format and probably good enough to spearhead the rcb pace attack in the absence of zak

9.Murali Karthik
In the absence of vettori, i think murali karthik would be his successor in the spin department along with muralitharan..his cricketing knowledge and cricketing experience will add much inspiration for younger bowlers,in the absence of zak and he could also guide virat in tactical changes…

10.RP singh/ Zaheer khan

Zaheer’s comeback might be a bit unlikely this season..and the rcb team management has found a perfect solution for that in rp singh..although he might not be in the best of forms,we need to keep in mind his ability and remind ourselves that he is the second highest wickettaker in all of ipl..jaydev unadkat might also be worth a try if rp singh continues his bad form…

11. Muttaih Muralitharan

The spin wizard as he is known adds great value to the much required spin dept in the game.Being the most dangerous spinner in the game, he would Rcb would look to play him in all the matches and on all surfaces..(also,recall he had a four wicket haul in chinnaswamy- a fast track with nothing much for spinners)

Dude you left Sunny, Mukund, Warrier, McDonald.

View Profile
PM

Posted: 12 March 2013 12:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Fan
priya-jain2
Total Posts:  132
Joined  19/11/2012

Sunny Sohal is a Fluke player

View Profile
PM

Posted: 12 March 2013 06:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Fan
Ferdelance
Joined  21/03/2010
Sanjiv - 11 March 2013 02:16 PM
joshil-raj1 - 10 March 2013 03:40 PM

Chris gayle
  all the way(obviously!)

2. Cheteshwar Pujara

3.Virat Kohli

4.AB de villiers

5.Mayank Agarwal

8.Vinay Kumar

9.Murali Karthik

10.RP singh/ Zaheer khan

11. Muttaih Muralitharan

Dude you left Sunny, Mukund, Warrier, McDonald.

they’ll provide necessary back up

View Profile
PM

Posted: 15 March 2013 12:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Fan
joshil-raj1
Total Posts:  131
Joined  22/01/2013

Sunny Sohal, Sandeep Warrier and Andrew McDonald can be back up players but I would not play them upfront. And I am not sure why RCB picked up Abhinav Mukund ???? Its like picking up Mohd Kaif and Waseem Jaffer in the team.

View Profile
PM

Posted: 16 March 2013 06:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
Fan
Ferdelance
Joined  21/03/2010
joshil-raj1 - 15 March 2013 12:13 PM

Sunny Sohal, Sandeep Warrier and Andrew McDonald can be back up players but I would not play them upfront. And I am not sure why RCB picked up Abhinav Mukund ???? Its like picking up Mohd Kaif and Waseem Jaffer in the team.

they are expecting him to turn like muarli vijay

View Profile
PM

Posted: 16 March 2013 10:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
Fan
Total Posts:  100
Joined  17/01/2012

gayle
pujara
kohli
abd
twari/mayank
nair
henriques
dan christan
zak/unadkat(if zak not fit)
rp singh
murli karthik

we have spin in -nair,murli,gayle
we have pace in -zak,rp,henriques,dan christan

we have 8 batsmen and 7 bowlers making rcb a complete team

View Profile
PM

Posted: 16 March 2013 10:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
Fan
Joined  17/01/2012
Ferdelance - 11 March 2013 06:00 AM

its impractical cause foreign players dont have time for trail tournaments and morever the players are signed based on their past merit

atleast de local players need 2 be tested….....they should earn the rit 2 b in de playin 11

View Profile
PM

Posted: 17 March 2013 01:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
Fan
SuhasMS
Total Posts:  130
Joined  10/01/2012
Sanjiv - 04 March 2013 09:54 PM

Pretty hard to choose the playing XI. What are your playing XI, please list them. Share your thoughts and tactics for RCB!

Here’s my PLAYING XI

1. Gayle
2. Dilshan/Mayank/Sohal
3. Virat
4. AB de/Henriques
5. Christian/ Sheldon Jackson
6. Mukund/S.Tiwary
7. Pankaj Singh/Chris Barnwell
8. Zaheer Khan/ Sandeep Warrier
9. Harshal Patel/R.P Singh
10. Syed/KP Appanna/ Karun Nair

Note that Sheldon Jackson should be the keeper. And..AB de as the fielder..Because he is rated as one among the best fielder

hey fella there is no one who can replace AB in any way… So plz put Henriques somewhere else but not there…

View Profile
PM

Posted: 17 March 2013 02:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
Fan
SuhasMS
Total Posts:  130
Joined  10/01/2012
priya-jain2 - 12 March 2013 12:39 AM

Sunny Sohal is a Fluke player

well agree with u frnd…

View Profile
PM

Posted: 22 March 2013 02:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
Fan
Total Posts:  41
Joined  13/03/2010

1. Chris Gayle
2. Mayank Agarwal
3. Virat Kohli
4. AB de Villiers
5. Christian
6. S Tiwary
7. Karun Nair/A Mukund/Sunny/Pankaj Singh/Sheldon Jackson
8. Vinay Kumar
9. Zaheer
10.RP Singh
11.Murali

View Profile
PM

Posted: 23 March 2013 05:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]
Fan
Ferdelance
Joined  21/03/2010
gaaaylestorm - 16 March 2013 10:42 AM
Ferdelance - 11 March 2013 06:00 AM

atleast de local players need 2 be tested….....they should earn the rit 2 b in de playin 11

there are tournaments going on karun is impressing and mayank recently slammed a ton.
for having separate tournament is impractical

View Profile
PM

Posted: 23 March 2013 09:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]
Fan
tarunraghuram
Total Posts:  166
Joined  17/02/2012

gayle
dilshan
kohli
ab develler
tiwary
daniel christian
mayank/sohal/pujara
vinay kumar
karthik/kp
rp singh/harshal
zak

the best i feel

View Profile
PM

Posted: 25 March 2013 06:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 36 ]
Fan
Ferdelance
Joined  21/03/2010
tarunraghuram - 23 March 2013 09:02 AM

gayle
dilshan
kohli
ab develler
tiwary
daniel christian
mayank/sohal/pujara
vinay kumar
karthik/kp
rp singh/harshal
zak

the best i feel

mayank/sohal in middle order is not good option

View Profile
PM

Posted: 25 March 2013 11:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 37 ]
Fan
Joined  17/01/2012

Wat is de status of zaheer khan injury….....is he fit 2 play ipl 6?

View Profile
PM

Posted: 25 March 2013 01:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 38 ]
Fan
harsh-gupta4
Total Posts:  9
Joined  28/08/2012

batting must be atleat till 8 and 5 bowlers minimum must be in team

View Profile
PM

Posted: 25 March 2013 03:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 39 ]
Fan