Apycom jQuery Menus
-

Inevitable changes against CSK- Replacing Muralitharan
Posted: 11 April 2013 09:23 PM   [ Ignore ]
Fan
rcbiantilltheend
Total Posts:  107
Joined  28/02/2012

We need to find a replacement for Muralitharan for the chennai match…
Though many might argue that it has to be Dan Vettori or Ravi Rampaul, I strongly believe that we have to test the youngster- Christopher Barnwell!
He is a west-indian..and as we know west indian batsman are usually power hitters!
He has good pace too..So his inculsion adds firepower to our team and also brings us pace, which we much require in the bowling attack..However if we do opt for Barnwell , we have to get back Murali Kartik into the team. Chennai is no more a slow pitch during Ipl.The IPL pitch played in chennai has good carry and bounce and bowlers like Nannes are doing well on the pitch.
This means we have to replace either of the bowlers or Lokesh Rahul..
But since the bowlers are in such good form, its only right we replace LOkesh RAhul with Murali Kartik ..so the 2 changes being

In- Chris Barnwell, Murali Kartik
Out- Lokesh Rahul, Muttaih Muralitharan

the team being

1.CH Gayle
2.M.Agarwal
3.V.Kohli
4.AB De Villiers
5.C.Barnwell
6.Moises henriques
7..A.Karthik
8.J.Unadkat
9.V.Kumar
10.M.kartik
11.RP Singh

This combination plays & batsmen and 6 bowlers..This gives us a lot of options…
Even if C.Pujara is available, I think we should rest him..He is just coming back from injury and I dont think we need to change too much of the winning combination, atleast in a crucial match against CSK .I personally think these are good moves…What do you think guys?Do Reply..

View Profile
PM

Posted: 11 April 2013 10:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Fan
joshil-raj1
Total Posts:  131
Joined  22/01/2013

Thats a good team selection. No harm in giving a chance to Barnwell and getting back Murali Karthik. I would like to give Vinay Kumar a break and play Pankaj Singh instead of him for the match against Chennai. Vinay has once again proved expensive in todays match against KKR. May be a break would help him regain his touch.

View Profile
PM

Posted: 11 April 2013 11:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Fan
Total Posts:  2042
Joined  18/08/2011

Lokesh Rahul, has just got one match dude how can u think of that

View Profile
PM

Posted: 11 April 2013 11:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Fan
karthik-shetty4
Total Posts:  982
Joined  10/09/2010

Murali Kartik and Daniel Vettori should play.
Chris Barnwell should be played at Kotla wicket I guess.

Lokesh Rahul should play.

View Profile
PM

Posted: 12 April 2013 07:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Fan
Total Posts:  56
Joined  07/09/2009

1.CH Gayle
2.M.Agarwal
3.V.Kohli
4.AB De Villiers
5.Moises henriques
6.Rahul
7.Murulitharan
8.J.Unadkat
9.V.Kumar
10.M.kartik
11.RP Singh

Murulitharan is a very good bowler to omit. since chennai pitch is slow, it makes more sense to play him n not Barnell.May be Vettori can replace him at a later stage if he does not perform well.
S.Thiwary hasnt performed n not a swift fielder.
Its difficult to play Pujara when he is fit coz batting order looks very much settled. At the most he could replace Rahul. Only no 6 spot can be replaced.

View Profile
PM

Posted: 12 April 2013 07:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Fan
joshil-raj1
Joined  22/01/2013

No Srilankan can play in Chennai as per the directive from IPL. Instead of Murali they can go for Vettori or Barnwell. Rampaul can be given a chance on tuesday for the home match against DD. The bottomline is we need to test all the players to assess who can be the best fit for the play offs.

View Profile
PM

Posted: 12 April 2013 10:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Fan
psbb
Total Posts:  116
Joined  30/01/2011

andy mcdonald.. why are we forgetting him.  He is a good bowler, very economical and takes wickets. Not to forget a solid batsman who can power hit as well.

So options can be vettori or Andy.  I dont want to risk having barnwell against CSK, we can try him against other opposition say Rajasthan Royals at Jaipur.

Further, disappointed with Mayank, why cant he use his senses and try to stay till around the 10th over with Chris.  Its a pity that in around 4 seasons he is still playing the same way… quick 10-20 and a odd 50 here and there.

We need everyone to contribute.. especially in the batting.  I would get pujara back for Mayank since Pujara plays spin well and CSK has Jadeja, Raina and Ashwin.  Pujara is the best player of spin in India.

View Profile
PM

Posted: 12 April 2013 10:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Fan
Total Posts:  56
Joined  07/09/2009

Joshil-Raj u r right.Since Srilankan player can’t play in Chennai. Vettori will be the perfect replacement for Murulitharan.

View Profile
PM

Posted: 12 April 2013 02:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Fan
NamelaraRCB
Total Posts:  16
Joined  18/03/2011

I would say, we need to have strong batting line up against CSK: so my team would be:
1> Gayle
2> Mukund
3> Virat Kohli
4> ABD
5> Henriques
6> Myank Agarwal
7> Rahul
8> Vettori/Barnwell
9> Murali Karthik/Jaydev Unadkat
10> R.P Singh
11> VinayKumar

View Profile
PM

Posted: 12 April 2013 04:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Fan
amith-pavan
Joined  07/09/2009

The only thing that fascinates me is the inclusion of barnwell .. its actually shocking as daniel vettori is an effective spinner and we still arent sure what CSK will dish out to rcb team , being an away game - we can experiment a bit and bring in daniel for murali and karthik playing second spinner instead of vinay kumar or unadkat .. rp singh is our best fast bowler now as he got 6wickets in 2 games
Ive heard a lot about andrew McDonald and ive seen this guy play in big bash and guya he isnt a big hitter trust me on that .. if anything is to be addressed its rcb’s sloppy throwing at the stumps as our ground fielding is one of the best in this season’s ipl
We have moises who had his share of experience in chennai and with gayle , ab and virat in our ranks provides us a top quality 4 batsman but the other two indian batsman have been quite disappointing , mayank playing a dab when a slip fielder is placed is amusong and KL Rahul has actually scored tons of runs in this season at the opening slot and he should be tested at opening rather than lower down . Mayank can play the slogger role for us and bat lower down
All said than done we gotto bat first Iin chennai and score minimum of 165 and going by this season’s wicket there - its pacy and too paced too so playing two spinners and 2 pacers with moises there as well provides us balance .. its not a must win situation for us guys so lets not jump Iinto conclusions if weplay badly , fingers crossed rcb will come out victorious and be 4/5

View Profile
PM

Posted: 12 April 2013 05:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Fan
niranjan1nnn
Total Posts:  349
Joined  23/09/2011
rcbiantilltheend - 11 April 2013 09:23 PM

We need to find a replacement for Muralitharan for the chennai match…
Though many might argue that it has to be Dan Vettori or Ravi Rampaul, I strongly believe that we have to test the youngster- Christopher Barnwell!
He is a west-indian..and as we know west indian batsman are usually power hitters!
He has good pace too..So his inculsion adds firepower to our team and also brings us pace, which we much require in the bowling attack..However if we do opt for Barnwell , we have to get back Murali Kartik into the team. Chennai is no more a slow pitch during Ipl.The IPL pitch played in chennai has good carry and bounce and bowlers like Nannes are doing well on the pitch.
This means we have to replace either of the bowlers or Lokesh Rahul..
But since the bowlers are in such good form, its only right we replace LOkesh RAhul with Murali Kartik ..so the 2 changes being

In- Chris Barnwell, Murali Kartik
Out- Lokesh Rahul, Muttaih Muralitharan

the team being

1.CH Gayle
2.M.Agarwal
3.V.Kohli
4.AB De Villiers
5.C.Barnwell
6.Moises henriques
7..A.Karthik
8.J.Unadkat
9.V.Kumar
10.M.kartik
11.RP Singh

This combination plays & batsmen and 6 bowlers..This gives us a lot of options…
Even if C.Pujara is available, I think we should rest him..He is just coming back from injury and I dont think we need to change too much of the winning combination, atleast in a crucial match against CSK .I personally think these are good moves…What do you think guys?Do Reply..

Good thinking. Even i like to see Barnwell in playing 11 as he is a West Indian All rounder. And Murali Karthik should be back. But the difference i like to see is, instead of removing KL Rahul who hasn’t even got a chance to bat, We can remove Arun Karthik.

Bcoz LK Rahul had a fantastic domestic season. He can be trusted at current form. But Arun Karthik is not a Pinch hitter. He cant clear the ropes easily. Rahul should be played up the order.

View Profile
PM

Posted: 12 April 2013 08:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Fan
Total Posts:  2042
Joined  18/08/2011

its Vettori time now

View Profile
PM

Posted: 12 April 2013 09:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Fan
rcbiantilltheend
Total Posts:  107
Joined  28/02/2012

I seriously think we should play Barnwell..he is a power hitter and bowls at a fast pace which we much need…Also the above team gives a lot of options…We did’nt see Vettori cause much damage last time..And in t20 you need as many Genuine allrounders as possible…

View Profile
PM

Posted: 13 April 2013 06:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Fan
Ferdelance
Total Posts:  347
Joined  21/03/2010

gayle
agarwal
kohli
abd
henriques
karthik
kartik
vinay
vettori
unadkat
rp
kartik and vettori in for rahul and murali

View Profile
PM

Posted: 13 April 2013 10:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Fan
Total Posts:  588
Joined  17/03/2011

we should keep faith on murli

View Profile
PM

Posted: 13 April 2013 07:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Fan
psbb
Total Posts:  116
Joined  30/01/2011

Gayle, Mukund,Kohli, Kartik, AB, Henriques, Rahul/Tiwary, Vettori, Vinay, RP, mURALI Kartik

This should be the right team.  Solid indian batsmen with experience.

View Profile
PM

Fast Reply