HENRIQUES/DILSHAN

View Profile
PM

Posted: 22 April 2013 12:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Fan
psbb
Total Posts:  115
Joined  30/01/2011

Two things I feel need to be handled in the next match.  We cannot have 4 good players coming at top 4 and leave vacuum in lower middle order,  hence it becomes critical to include Henriques.

I repeat Dilshan as a pure batsman is very risky.. what if he fails?  Virat should take his off spin bowling option to account.  He bowls regularly for Sri Lanka, so why not give him a spell when Murali Kartik was getting tonked?  It also adds variety to bowling.

If we need to win championship there should be flexibility , else set patterns are easily understood in modern cricket and we will not have fallback.

Mix up the batting too by having tiwary earlier than AB… Arun Kathik lower down the order is a unknown element under pressure situations.. are we living with the assumption that the top 5 will always take care of the batting.

In the coming matches (most of them are away from home) we need solid batting performance without over reliance of gayle,ab, virat and Dilshan.  India players’ contribution is key to win the cup.. we are getting that in bowling department , however in batting we still need to prove it (other than virat and tiwary in last match).

View Profile
PM

Posted: 22 April 2013 01:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Fan
joshil-raj1
Total Posts:  131
Joined  22/01/2013

Good observations. I am not sure of the injury status of Henriques but if he is fit he should be played instead of Dilshan. Playing Dilshan upfront is not a good option as he is not a reliable player. Pujara is likely to fit for the game against MI on thursday and he can fill the openers slot. Also we need some consistency from Tiwary in the middle overs. Bowling seems to be improving and the RCB bowlers were on top in the last game against RR. But to go all the way and win the trophy we need the batting as a unit to click and not just depend on the big three players.

View Profile
PM

Posted: 22 April 2013 04:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Fan
karthik-shetty4
Total Posts:  982
Joined  10/09/2010
psbb - 22 April 2013 12:36 PM

Two things I feel need to be handled in the next match.  We cannot have 4 good players coming at top 4 and leave vacuum in lower middle order,  hence it becomes critical to include Henriques.

I repeat Dilshan as a pure batsman is very risky.. what if he fails?  Virat should take his off spin bowling option to account.  He bowls regularly for Sri Lanka, so why not give him a spell when Murali Kartik was getting tonked?  It also adds variety to bowling.

If we need to win championship there should be flexibility , else set patterns are easily understood in modern cricket and we will not have fallback.

Mix up the batting too by having tiwary earlier than AB… Arun Kathik lower down the order is a unknown element under pressure situations.. are we living with the assumption that the top 5 will always take care of the batting.

In the coming matches (most of them are away from home) we need solid batting performance without over reliance of gayle,ab, virat and Dilshan.  India players’
contribution is key to win the cup.. we are getting that in bowling department , however in batting we still need to prove it (other than virat and tiwary in last match).

I agree to your words buddy.

I guess if Henriques is fit,he should get back to the job.
Even Syed should get a nod for the next one.

Gayle
Mukund
Kohli
de Villiers
Tiwary
Henriques
Arun Karthik
Rampaul
Vinay
Syed
Unadkat/RP

View Profile
PM

Posted: 22 April 2013 08:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Fan
Total Posts:  72
Joined  06/09/2009

Gayle
Pujara/sohail
Kohli
ABd
Tiwary
Henriques
Arun Karthik
Ravi Rampaul
Vinay Kumar
Murali karthik/ Syed
Unadkat

View Profile
PM

Posted: 22 April 2013 08:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Fan
Total Posts:  587
Joined  17/03/2011

agree with ajay

View Profile
PM

Posted: 23 April 2013 11:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Fan
Total Posts:  18
Joined  27/09/2009
karthik-shetty4 - 22 April 2013 04:12 PM
psbb - 22 April 2013 12:36 PM

In the coming matches (most of them are away from home) we need solid batting performance without over reliance of gayle,ab, virat and Dilshan.  India players’
contribution is key to win the cup.. we are getting that in bowling department , however in batting we still need to prove it (other than virat and tiwary in last match).

I agree to your words buddy.

I guess if Henriques is fit,he should get back to the job.
Even Syed should get a nod for the next one.

Gayle
Mukund
Kohli
de Villiers
Tiwary
Henriques
Arun Karthik
Rampaul
Vinay
Syed
Unadkat/RP

Looks like a good side, Not sure about Mukund though,I think Mayank is better opener when it comes to T20 Cricket, He is experienced and a brilliant fielder..
Unadkat is a better option than RP…There is one problem with this team…there are exactly 5 bowlers and NO flexibility if one of them is getting hit very badly..

View Profile
PM

Posted: 23 April 2013 11:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Fan
rahul-sn
Total Posts:  2
Joined  20/02/2013

Mayank or sheldon jackson
Gayle
Virat kholi
Chris gayle
Saurabh tiwary
ABD
Arun karthik
Ravi rampaul
Vinay kumar
R.p.Singh
Murali karthik or Unadkat
Muttiah muralidhean.

View Profile
PM

Posted: 23 April 2013 11:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Fan
Total Posts:  18
Joined  27/09/2009

Mayank still not recovered..( Chances of playing in this year’s IPL very bleak)..I think Rahul must get a second chance..His records in Syed Mushtaq Ali T20 tournament (T20 tournament played between the domestic sides) this year has been good…62(37) v Kerala, 31(19) v Hyderabad, 60(48) v Andhra, 34(28) v UP, 51(33) v Bengal,..

View Profile
PM

Posted: 23 April 2013 11:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Fan
amith-pavan
Total Posts:  131
Joined  07/09/2009

Saurabh Tiwary is back , KL rahul wont be given another chance as Saurabh looks in good knick

View Profile
PM

Posted: 23 April 2013 12:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Fan
chalasani-jayanth
Total Posts:  1
Joined  23/04/2013

THE BEST SQUAD WOULD BE:
CHRIS GAYLE
T.DILSHAN
Virat Kohli
SAURABH TIWARY
AB De
ARUN KARTHIK
RAVI RAMPAUL
VINAY KUMAR
MURALI KARTHIK
RP SINGH
JAIDEV UNADKAT

View Profile
PM

Posted: 23 April 2013 12:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Fan
psbb
Total Posts:  115
Joined  30/01/2011

bring syed back for murali karthik otherwise I dont think team will be changed much.

Send Tiwary earlier than AB.  This will have a right left combination within the top 5

View Profile
PM

Posted: 23 April 2013 12:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Fan
shamaz-mohamed
Total Posts:  6
Joined  07/09/2009

yes team is good. we may need to drop dilshan as he has hardly won us matches with his batting and get an allrounder a chance may be moises and henriques

View Profile
PM

Posted: 25 April 2013 01:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Fan
Total Posts:  2042
Joined  18/08/2011

Harshal is really good bowler

View Profile
PM

Posted: 26 April 2013 06:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Fan
Ferdelance
Total Posts:  347
Joined  21/03/2010
shamaz-mohamed - 23 April 2013 12:15 PM

yes team is good. we may need to drop dilshan as he has hardly won us matches with his batting and get an allrounder a chance may be moises and henriques

yes moises should play more games

View Profile
PM

Fast Reply