Apycom jQuery Menus

One more Dravid wanted…......
Posted: 14 April 2010 10:31 AM   [ Ignore ]
Fan
Arvian
Total Posts:  45
Joined  12/03/2010

There is lot of fuss going on about anchors and hitters in the T20 game. Let’s talk about the last game DC vs RCB.  Who won the match for us An anchor Kallis or hitters Uthappa, Taylor, Kohli and White, NOBODY RIGHT???

We could have won the game had there been another Dravid to follow after Dravid dismissal. We needed 2 Dravids in the last game who could play sensibly and yet aggressively. Imagine, after Dravid departed someone could exactly play how Dravid played before he got out, that’s exactly we needed but unfortunately no one else could play like Dravid did.

We lost the game because Kallis was trying to Anchor the innings and hitters were trying to hit the ball in the air without using their heads.
Fact of the matter is, There shouldn’t be any fixed roles like Anchor or hitter in any format of the game. You should just play according to the situation.

THAT’S WHAT DRAVID BELIEVES IN AND THAT’S WHAT DRAVID DOES ON THE FILED, HATS OFF TO YOU DRAVID.

(Inspired from Dravid’s last 2 innings)

Are you guys with me on this???

View Profile
PM

Posted: 14 April 2010 10:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Fan
manu-prasad
Total Posts:  17
Joined  06/09/2009

True…there should be no such thing as anchors and hitters…this is happening thanks to coach Ray Jennings who , in an attempt to define “roles” for ppl in the playing XI…made a certain Mr. Kallis the so called anchor….however the hitters came as a consequence of this..it made genuine batsmen like taylor, uthappa, kohli etc look like sloggers rather than batsmen…Apparently he couldn’t find a role for our RD i suppose…so he was deliberately pushed down the order, but the fighter to the core that he is…he played the perfect script and sent out a strong message !! I would believe Kumble might have recommended bringing Dravid up the order and that paid off for us ....

View Profile
PM

Posted: 14 April 2010 10:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Fan
cuterahul
Total Posts:  27
Joined  20/01/2010

YA AND THAT 2ND DRAVID CAN BE PLAYED BY NONE ODA THAN KEVIN PETERSON…....

View Profile
PM

Posted: 14 April 2010 10:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Fan
Total Posts:  2
Joined  21/03/2010

yes i accept.
dravid shows that he can play any sort of game
so the selectors should think about him for one dayer

View Profile
PM

Posted: 14 April 2010 11:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Fan
Total Posts:  7
Joined  07/09/2009

Ya..totally agree..No body can be Dravid & that is the problem with RCB at the moment.

View Profile
PM

Posted: 14 April 2010 11:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Fan
lambs
Total Posts:  3
Joined  23/03/2010

u are absolutely right.yesterday dravids footwork was brilliant.but after that nobody had the class to play ojha,whom dravid played with sych class
and regarding one day selection,he wont be selected till dhoni is captain.dhoni was only saying that one-day and 20-20 cricket is young man’s game,
now all the experienced players have shut his mouth.we all have been telling from the 1st match that dravid shouls bat up the order now they have
listened.dravid is a class act and will always be.our team is in this situation becoz of there foolishness and one great man kallis,anchoring the innings
doesnt mean sticking there and not scoring,as it wont help he teams cause.learn how to be a team man from dravid,he doesnt plays for his fifty.but next time i want him to bat for more longer as everyone knows he will score more and help the team.come on dravid take us to the trophy.

View Profile
PM

Fast Reply