Apycom jQuery Menus
-

Did Kohli drop the 2013 Cup?
Posted: 09 May 2013 06:08 PM   [ Ignore ]
Fan
avidRCBian
Total Posts:  12
Joined  01/05/2013

Since the time we lost the match against Punjab.. this question has been wavering in my mind largely.. We all love Kohli dearly & can’t completely blame him for the loss.. But then.. RR is playing well so far.. However Thanks to Chennai for defeating SRH by a big margin..

Just Hope that RCB come back to their own aggressive selves & defeat DD ROYALLY tomorrow & get into the Playoffs in Top 3 slots

My Strategy for tomorrow’s match-

Point 1) Pls drop RP.. I have been saying this since my first post.. we need to surprise the opposition in every match.. keeping a bunch of talented guys in the dugout & playing RP just to give him time to get into rhythm is worthless.. remember v have to win 3 out of 4 from now on.

Point 2) We need 2 genuine All Rounders.. Bring in Vettori or Barnwell.. difficult to drop Rampaul but something new has to be tried. We still have Pankaj, Mithun & other talented bowlers. They can be tried with Vinay taking the responsibility & anchoring the Senior strike bowler role.

Point 3) Pls drop Arun Karthik.. Get a genuine batsman.. we need depth in batting.. having 6 bowlers for 20 overs is risky if the top order fail.

Once again.. Rise up RCB.. Rise up KOHLI.. We all r with U..

RCB HAS IT IN IT TO WIN THE CUP THIS YEAR.. V WILL NOT SETTLE FOR NOTHING LESS BUT THE BEST FROM OUR TEAM..

View Profile
PM

Posted: 09 May 2013 08:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Fan
BangaBanga
Total Posts:  117
Joined  17/04/2011

hehe, yeah i was really annoyed as well after that match. not at kohli, just at the situation i guess, he did drop a big one. as you said chennais win was good. and now that rajasthan won again today, we MUST beat Delhi, try and target top 2 for that second chance, we need to win 3/4.

they should play sohal to open. he wil hit out and get out within the first 6. we dont need pujara to bat 15 overs, slows us down. rather have the opener with gayle last around 6 overs, that way ABD and Moises will get more time at the crease.

Both AB and Moises have been going at 150 strike rate plus, but they only get to face about 30 balls combined, they both need to come in earlier. AB needs to come in around 11th over and Moises at 15th.

Play Unadkat, he is a good bowler. and completely Agree. play BArnwell instead of Rampaul. can bat and bowl well. Rampaul as done well for us, but barnwell gives is more versatility, enough to play another full bowler.

View Profile
PM

Posted: 09 May 2013 11:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Fan
Total Posts:  2042
Joined  18/08/2011

RCB will win rest of all match u just watch

View Profile
PM

Posted: 10 May 2013 08:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Fanatic Fan
Total Posts:  289
Joined  16/02/2010

I dont think he did, we r still in 4th and have 4 matches with 2 matches at home ..

View Profile
PM

Posted: 10 May 2013 02:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Fan
joshil-raj1
Total Posts:  131
Joined  22/01/2013
avidRCBian - 09 May 2013 06:08 PM

Since the time we lost the match against Punjab.. this question has been wavering in my mind largely.. We all love Kohli dearly & can’t completely blame him for the loss.. But then.. RR is playing well so far.. However Thanks to Chennai for defeating SRH by a big margin..

Just Hope that RCB come back to their own aggressive selves & defeat DD ROYALLY tomorrow & get into the Playoffs in Top 3 slots

Point 1) Pls drop RP.. I have been saying this since my first post.. we need to surprise the opposition in every match.. keeping a bunch of talented guys in the dugout & playing RP just to give him time to get into rhythm is worthless.. remember v have to win 3 out of 4 from now on.

Point 2) We need 2 genuine All Rounders.. Bring in Vettori or Barnwell.. difficult to drop Rampaul but something new has to be tried. We still have Pankaj, Mithun & other talented bowlers. They can be tried with Vinay taking the responsibility & anchoring the Senior strike bowler role.

Point 3) Pls drop Arun Karthik.. Get a genuine batsman.. we need depth in batting.. having 6 bowlers for 20 overs is risky if the top order fail.

RCB HAS IT IN IT TO WIN THE CUP THIS YEAR.. V WILL NOT SETTLE FOR NOTHING LESS BUT THE BEST FROM OUR TEAM..

More than the dropped catch I thought the captaincy of Virat Kohli was below par in the match against Kings X1. As a captain you need to maintain your cool in pressure situations. Shouting at bowlers and arguing with umpires is not the right approach. His leadership ability would be put to test in the remaining games. Bowling is one of the weak areas therefore Kohli should be studying the match situation and the batsman and then chose the bowler accordingly.

As far as the strategy goes I think RCB should be looking to chase in the remaining games in the league stage atleast. Also need to throw out RP Singh and get Zak if he is fit or else play Pankaj Singh. Also it wont be a bad idea for ABD to keep wickets and that would give us the flexibility to take out Arun Karthik and play and extra bowler to strengthen the bowling.

View Profile
PM

Posted: 10 May 2013 03:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Fan
sameer-joseph
Total Posts:  37
Joined  05/04/2011

If RCB play RP SING again today, they deserve to LOOSE.

View Profile
PM

Posted: 10 May 2013 05:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Fan
BloodbathAndBeyond
Total Posts:  38
Joined  09/04/2010

I dont see any reason to include two all rounders at the cost of a bowler. Even if Barnwell plays, he will bat at No 7 after Pujara, Gayle, Kohli, AB, Henriques, Tiwary.

If our batting clicks, Barnwell wont get a chance to bat/get at most 5-6 deliveries and he definitely isnt as good with the ball as Rampaul. So that hardly makes a difference to our batting and weakens our bowling

If we have a batting collapse, we are screwed anyways. And instead of 20 runs from Barnwell from the bat what we need more to defend a low score is wicket taking abilities of Rampaul.

View Profile
PM

Posted: 10 May 2013 05:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Fan
Total Posts:  31
Joined  20/09/2009

No this a kori bakbas RCB he Jitega

View Profile
PM

Posted: 10 May 2013 05:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Fan
Total Posts:  31
Joined  20/09/2009

Are u Fool Kohali is Upcoming star of International cricket Like Kallis, Dravid, Ponting

View Profile
PM

Posted: 10 May 2013 06:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Fan
BloodbathAndBeyond
Total Posts:  38
Joined  09/04/2010

Regarding the third point, I agree Arun Karthik is adding no value. But I’d say we need to replace him with a bowler not a batsman. Do we really have a batsman who can make a difference at no 7 ? Answer is No. But adding an extra bowler will give us a fallback option on days when RP/Vinay go for a lot of runs

So my XI will be
1. Chris Gayle
2. Cheteshwar Pujara
3. Virat Kohli
4. AB DeVilliers
5. Moises Henriques
6. Saurav Tiwary
7. Ravi Rampaul
8. Vinay Kumar
9. Murali Karthik
10. Jayadev Unadkat/Syed Mohammad
11. RP Singh/Pankaj Singh

View Profile
PM

Posted: 10 May 2013 06:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Fan
Ishatanu18
Total Posts:  154
Joined  17/05/2012

Arun karthik n Rp Singh should be benched but I think we r not at such a stage that we have enough tym to experiment with the players who have not played in the playing 11 for us so far in the tournament at least this match is not the tym to test the players’ form…...if those players turn out to be expensive n we lose today’s match we will be under immense pressure…......winning this match will release some pressure! So I think today we must play the already tried n tested with a tricky strategy which the opposition will fail to understand!!!it will be interesting to watch who will be chosen tonight n wht strategy will kohli set up!!!all the best RCB!

View Profile
PM

Posted: 11 May 2013 12:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Fan
Total Posts:  2042
Joined  18/08/2011

when is Sheldon Getting Chance

View Profile
PM

Posted: 11 May 2013 06:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Fan
Ferdelance
Total Posts:  347
Joined  21/03/2010

kohli redeemed himself for the dropped catch

View Profile
PM

Posted: 11 May 2013 10:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Fan
Total Posts:  469
Joined  01/03/2010

we should give chance to pankaj or sandeep warrier .. may be thay can deliver to us

View Profile
PM

Fast Reply